What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Dark Ages

freedomtime808

Virginia will probably be one of the last states to legalize. So it is all who you know. Consistent high quality connections are hard to come by, but seeds aren't.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Get seeds & become a consistent high quality connection for your well trusted friends...

Cvh

Supermod
Grow yourself. It's very rewarding and fun & you don't need to rely on anyone ever again.
All your friends will be jealous when you present a big bag of some of the world's best and dankiest buds grown by you.

and go to jail...virginia is out of control...so if you grow....keep it to yourself...fuck your buddies...if they get hemmed up on anything you are 1st in the way to go....i been there...only you can look out for yourself and dont worry about anybody else...if you get a lil extra you could let it go for a reasonable price...but other than that keep it to yourself.....

moonymonkey

virgina hAS DECRMILIZED cannabis this past week,they did have the toughest drug laws in country,this is done.peolpe did not to travel threw the state or move an take there businesses with them....they got smart,no more wastng our money over jailing people for small amounts of weed an suspending drivers license,and police record hard to hold or get jobs like this...we all just need to move forward,people need there medicane,lik anyone anyone else would.peace moon/

n_d_ledz

virgina hAS DECRMILIZED cannabis this past week,they did have the toughest drug laws in country,this is done.peolpe did not to travel threw the state or move an take there businesses with them....they got smart,no more wastng our money over jailing people for small amounts of weed an suspending drivers license,and police record hard to hold or get jobs like this...we all just need to move forward,people need there medicane,lik anyone anyone else would.peace moon/

" The Virginia General Assembly’s short session came to a close on February 25, after passing two pieces of reform legislation. The first, HB 2051, would end the automatic six-month driver’s license suspensions for Virginians convicted of a first-time marijuana possession offense. It is long past time this reform was enacted in Old Dominion.

Also approved was a bill allowing licensed pharmaceutical processors to produce low-THC cannabis oil for patients suffering from intractable epilepsy. This extremely narrow bill allows patients to avoid a conviction, but not an arrest, for possessing certain low- or no-THC medical cannabis oils. Both bills now await action from Gov. Terry McAuliffe, who is expected to sign them."

moonymonkey

thnx forp osting that n d++ peace moon/maybe a good idea to turn springfield mall in virgina into water slides park with stores

moonymonkey

yes what jellyfish said..also on railroad tracks near springfield mall,they planted weed along the railroad tracks,all the way to clifftop were talking miles and it ran up into big fields along tracks in 1974-75..the tracks were in front of my grandmothers house,family been back there 200 years,grandfather was hit by a train and killed,we new all the original people that owned the land that were gone before it was planted by a biker gang that stopped my uncle in the road with automatic weapons,we live here he passed.helicopters foud it 1975..i walked it they left nothing untared...little history up in that neck of the woods.my fathers buried along those tracks cremated,were he was born in a house.peace out mm/were are our dispenseries looks like there infringing on our rights that should cost them$$/:dance013:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Can't wait for legal or decrim here in VA! Went to DC last weekend. For first time in my n my life I possessed cannabis legally. Then illegally smoked my wax pen outside of Georgetown hospital.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
VA legalized recreational weed, but it does not become effective until 2024. i live less than 2 miles away in east TN, can't wait...

Gry

Virginia will probably be one of the last states to legalize. So it is all who you know. Consistent high quality connections are hard to come by, but seeds aren't.
The Dark Ages is an accurate description of the law as passed.
Am convinced VA is a contender for the least useful and most constrained cannabis laws in the country.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Yes it's fucked.
RIght now under an ounce is a $25 ticket.
Over an ounce is a felony.

So in 2024 under an ounce won't be a fine anymore. What about over an ounce?

there were two bills before the governor. One didn't allow vertical integration.
The other allowed it but the license fee is a million dollars.

All they are doing is trying to shut small guys out and turn it over to big canna.
IM gonna continue to do what I do. Fuck them.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
The Dark Ages is an accurate description of the law as passed.
Am convinced VA is a contender for the least useful and most constrained cannabis laws in the country.

you might be right...if you ignored Tennessee. we once had one of the first legal medical set-ups in the nation. that was when the Democrats ran the state. now, with the GOP in control everywhere except the largest cities, we will probably be the last state to legalize.

The bill that passed both chambers is, in some ways, dead unless they build a framework for a regulatory body and vote to solidify specific elements of the bill. Because they held off on creating the necessary regulatory agency and revised criminal penalties, everything's been delayed when it comes to farms and retail. Why? Because reasons. They could legalize home growing and possession right now, starting July 1st it would go into effect. They did so for numerous other aspects of the bill. They could finalize the framework later this year, but instead they want to focus on throwing people in jail for legally owning guns. I'm not kidding. They tabled this for the rest of the year because they want to focus on gun control and making standard capacity magazines for a Glock 17 a felony. Ban vertical grips on rifles, because the big problem with gangbangers murdering each other is vertical grips on their rifles.

As for the passed legislation, legalization is there. Sort of. Not really. Maybe. It's a mixed bag and there is no legalized usage nor growing until (and if) the Dems maintain their control and keep their shit together in 2022. The problem is that there is no regulatory board to create licensing, zoning measures, etc. and so retail and commercial growing operations are in limbo until they can iron that out in 2022. The language to legalize possession and personal growing is literally dependent on regulatory aspects being passed in 2022. That means 2023 they will begin formally operating the board and dolling out initial licenses and approvals of operations, etc. 2024 will be actualization of retail, legal possession and personal growing.

If the Dems maintain complete power, we can see legalized home growing on January, 2024.. Because if they lose even a single chamber or the governorship, and the aspects of creating the board don't get reenacted in 2022, then legalization completely falls apart.

To specifically address this:
Yes it's fucked.
RIght now under an ounce is a $25 ticket.
Over an ounce is a felony.

So in 2024 under an ounce won't be a fine anymore. What about over an ounce?

Possession of an oz or more only applies while in public and will result in a $25 fine. That's it. I have not read anything that goes beyond a minor citation. Basically, you can't walk around with a QP in your backpack, but if you do then you just pay a $25 fine to the state. It's a dumb provision on many levels, but I'll take what little I can get and maybe this can be amended in the future. You can have as much as you want on your private residence. And assuming everything else goes into effect, this could become a reality as early as July, 2022.

I haven't had time to fully compare the bill that passed the VA GA (you can read it yourself here: https://lis.virginia.gov/000/cannabisconferenceH3sub.pdf) and the previous House and Senate bills, but a lot of what I have read through is much the same as in both of them.

One notable exception between what was proposed and what passed, AND THIS IS A BIG ONE, is that the language of "immature plants" was truck from personal growing restrictions. "§ 4.1-1101. Home cultivation of marijuana for personal use; penalties" has completely dropped the previous restrictions on both the House and Senate bills that restricted you to no more than 2 immature and 2 mature plants, with immature being defined as no taller nor wider than 8 inches. The current language still restricts you to 4 plants per household (not per person), but that mean you could have 4 plants growing from seedling to mature at any given time, which is a significant improvement.

Latest posts

Latest posts