What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ohio is gonna be the SHIT next year when medical is passed...

kronic growth

it sure looks like a good start!! with the billionaire bud smoker peter b. lewis backing the funding for this ballot initiative it stands a chance of being recognized by the politicians and acted upon by the voters. the pollsters need to make sure they are registered voters and tick the box on voting day too....i however am moving to a med friendly state in a years time unless this program becomes a reality. the government needs to wake up to the 2011 general public wants or they will be replaced with someone who also wants what the public wants, ie; medical marijuana in all 50 states with medicine available to those on a fixed income!!

G

guest86120975

Cool, every state needs a billionaire bankrolling something. Money talks and it's a shame.

The governor can't veto something voted in on the ballot. But they better make sure they take a lesson from Montana and stipulate that the legislators can't take away from the bill.

fabvariousk

Veteran
I think a better title to this thread would be "Ohio might not suck quite as bad as Indiana or a lot of midwestern states but will still be Ohio when medical is passed"

Congrats guys now you have a third thing for your list!

Ohio's contributions to the world.
1.Devo
2.Cedar Point Amusement Park
3.Slovenian Kush

edit:I forgot about the band Brainiac and the late great Timmy Taylor who was taken from us way before his time.

Last edited:
I think a better title to this thread would be "Ohio might not suck quite as bad as Indiana or a lot of midwestern states but will still be Ohio when medical is passed"

Congrats guys now you have a third thing for your list!

Ohio's contributions to the world.
1.Devo
2.Cedar Point Amusement Park
3.Slovenian Kush
Hey man, I grew up there! How dare you talk about my home like that! We've got...you know...well, alright it sucks.

It's affordable though.

Sun Ra

and let us not forget Harvey Pekar. A state that brought the world Harvey Pekar and Devo is alright in my book. Good luck with this. Our medical bill in Pennsylvania seemed to fizzle out. I hope the same doesn't happen to you.

Ohioans, we need petitioners by July 5th! Please help if you are interested.

I'm still sort of in shock that we have serious potential in Ohio. Obviously we haven't won anything yet, but with 70+% and millions in funding (already), it's looking damn good.

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
Over 73 percent of Ohians support it. -whateverman
Holy smokes!! Hooray Ohio! :good:

with the billionaire bud smoker peter b. lewis backing the funding for this ballot initiative it stands a chance of being recognized. -Kronic Growth.
Wow, I had no idea...this makes me wanna switch insurance companies; despite their annoying commercials with the 'sales rep', "Flo".
Yeap, I think I will!

Good Luck Ohians! Hope you join the rest of us, over on the cool side of the pillow. ;)

Last edited:

ijim

The felon requirement would mean that if you were placed on probation for a misdemeanor and for any reason that you violated that probation. That violation would be a felony. So if you are to sick to perform community service and are violated. Then you will be denied medications for your illness. Can you deny pain pills that kill thousands each year or chemotherapy because of a felony.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
340x_screen_shot_2010-09-29_at_5.03.03_pm_medium.jpg

The felon requirement would mean that if you were placed on probation for a misdemeanor and for any reason that you violated that probation. That violation would be a felony. So if you are to sick to perform community service and are violated. Then you will be denied medications for your illness. Can you deny pain pills that kill thousands each year or chemotherapy because of a felony.

not quite....

(11) “Designated cultivator” means a person who is at least twenty-one years of age; has agreed to assist patients in their medical use of cannabis; has not been convicted of an excluded felony offense; holds a valid vendor’s license and a cultivation permit issued from the Division authorizing the cultivation, possession, manufacture, transfer and sale of medical cannabis to any registered qualified patient, their designated caretaker and other permit holders.

(12) “Enclosed locked facility” means a room, building, greenhouse or garden used for the cultivation of cannabis which shall be enclosed; to be equipped with locks and kept locked whenever the cardholder is away and, in the case of outdoor cultivation sites, is also screened to obstruct the view of cannabis plants from the outside at ground level.

(13) “Excluded felony offense” means a crime classified as a felony in the jurisdiction where the person was convicted, not including:

(a) a violation of a state or federal cannabis law that was classified as a felony in the jurisdiction where the person was convicted, if:

(i.) an offense for which the sentence, including any term of probation, incarceration, or supervised release was completed ten or more years earlier; or

(ii.) an offense that consisted of conduct for which this Amendment would likely have prevented a conviction, but the conduct either occurred prior to the enactment of this Amendment; or

(iii.) an offense prosecuted by an authority in a state other than Ohio would be considered a misdemeanor in the state of Ohio.

that does not deny meds to anyone.
it denies caregiver status to SOME non MJ felons!

I like the idea! I enjoy Ohio, look at our laws on mj at the moment. 100 grams or less just a traffic ticket, I've lived in Massachusetts, Florida and now live here. Comfest,Tabfest,Hookahville woohoo!!!

Cops usually don't even say nothing as long as you aren't causing any trouble fighting etc. I'm totally for medical mj though another step in the right direction for those that need it!

R

rick shaw

Read about the bill here. Over 73 percent of Ohians support it so it will pass for sure.

I just worry about the governor vetoing immediately after.

I'm thrilled to see this,I was born in Columbus.

As to if it will get past John Kasich-R,cross your fingers.Look at how awesome things are going in other mmj states.

New Jersey-stalled by Gov. Christie-R.

Michigan-mmj is being assualted by House Republicans and the Attorney General,an eight bill legislative package to define and clarify mmj was just introduced. I read it,it's not kind.

Colorado-permits,background checks,police cameras recording every transaction.WTF

Washington/Oregon-good luck opening a dispensary there.

Montana-They were looking good at first,now they are going backward.

Read about the bill here. Over 73 percent of Ohians support it so it will pass for sure.

I just worry about the governor vetoing immediately after.

I'm thrilled to see this,I was born in Columbus.

As to if it will get past John Kasich-R,cross your fingers.Look at how awesome things are going in other mmj states.

New Jersey-stalled by Gov. Christie-R.

Michigan-mmj is being assualted by House Republicans and the Attorney General,an eight bill legislative package to define and clarify mmj was just introduced. I read it,it's not kind.

Colorado-permits,background checks,police cameras recording every transaction.WTF

Washington/Oregon-good luck opening a dispensary there.

Montana-They were looking good at first,now they are going backward.

Ohio has had the same two Democrats introduce MMJ legislation every year, and every year it's failed. The people are totally out of touch with the legislators here, big shocker egh?

Anyway, do you know if a governor has the power to veto this? I thought Jan Brewer in Arizona tried, but didn't have the right to or something? So she called for some sort of investigation?

Politics is not my strong suit.

Hmmm...This seems to indicate that Kasich can't veto it:

"Hagan questions whether Ohio Governor John Kasich would ever sign such a bill into law. But the people might take that decision out of his hands.

Recent polls suggest upwards of 70 percent of Ohioans would support a ballot referendum...And billionaire Cleveland native Peter Lewis, chairman of Progressive Insurance, has pledged millions of his own dollars to the cause.

"If they don't pass laws, then the citizens are simply going to go around them, and maybe the laws that they will put up will be much less to their liking," St. Pierre said."

http://www.wytv.com/content/news/lo...arijuana-for-Ohio/cSgDah--002qeHeUnaiMkA.cspx

if the people want it bad enough then he most likely wont veto it because he wants to be popular. 70 percent is a big number.

it's still too early. It has to pass a bunch of other shit before it gets to the governor. I haven't even looked at it fully so i'm not sure where the bill is even at right now. It could get rejected if anything 'flawed' is found in it.

Agreed. I've been researching this for the last twenty minutes. It's very confusing. My understanding is that he has no such power.