What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

powder bloom booster for KISS Maxibloom?

a6grow

Hey ICMag buddies

I have been using Maxibloom @7grams/gallon every watering in hempy with success. Am looking to boost the yield and have read great things about Koolbloom liquid at the start of flowering and finishing with Koolbloom powder at the end.

I would like to find a powdered bloom booster alternative in place of Koolbloom as I strongly prefer not to use liquid nutrients. I have read about using PK 13/14, mono potassium phosphate with triacontanol, potassium humate, sulfate of potash. Anyone have any experience with using these boosters or other powdered booster alongside Maxibloom KISS?

Or should I just use KB powder solely, without the KB liquid? If so how much should I use with MB?

Thanks in advance and have a great day under the sun =P

Mudraya

KB powder is for the last 2 weeks of feeding max. Their chart recommends only to use for the last week. I use the liquid up until the last week of nutes where I switch to the powder. It's really not that much, the latest chart recommends 1ml/gal in addition to Maxibloom when running DTW, double for recirculating. You'd still be KIPS- keeping it pretty simple lol.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
You want to boost your yield then grow strains that yield great and up your game in methods from hempy to multiple feed grows. Adding snakeoil additives and boosters isn't the way.

Mudraya

Adding snakeoil additives and boosters isn't the way.

The point is to achieve optimal ratios IE what the plant needs. Whether that is via "snake oil" or a 1 part base makes no difference to me. I firmly believe however that cannabis has different needs at different points in the growth cycle, so achieving everything the plant wants in a one size fits all one part nutrient with zero extra inputs is impossible. You may have a reasonably healthy plant (healthy enough to have flowers of average quality) but not an exceptional one. Not all "snake oils" are the same and this black and white generalization of anything beyond a base nutrient is baffling.