What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

In the kitchen with Teh_Baker, 2016-17

Teh_Baker

Well i might as well start off with a couple of stash shots from the recent '16 harvest. Ill have to wait till i have better interwebz on my phone for more shots. Many plans for next season. A larger garden is in store, and some killer genetics. Im also going to play with some autoflowering genetics for my first time. So sit back and enjoy.

Teh_Baker

Oh yeah, those are 3 times crazy, and Cookies of some sort (left to right). I was told the cookies were Berner's genetics. Started from seed

Last edited:

Teh_Baker

picture.php

picture.php

Im still trying to get the hang of how to add photos right. When i upload the picture orientation changes, and i cant see titles before i try to add to a post. Either way, i think these are Purple Fire

Teh_Baker

So my beans came in the mail yesterday. I was a little wary about ordering online from overseas, but they showed up in under 1 week, 6 days in fact. Heres what i got:

Mazar feminized
Thc Snow feminized, free
Ak47 automatic feminized
Bubblegum automatic feminized
Mango automatic feminized, free
Mazar standard, free

I tried to place my order when mazar wasnt a free strain, however it switched freebies during processing, hence the double Mazar...
I still have a lot of groundwork to do before any beans get germinated, but excitement builds once beans show up.
Also this will be the first time ever that i have grown auto genetics, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Like when to start expecting signs of flower.

Teh_Baker

Well, its off the ground and running. I only lost 2 beans that didnt germ well. The plants are about 5wks total, but we ended up having a cold snap the first 2 weeks that kinda stunted growth. Everyone is doing very well and should be showing sex any day now. Here is a shot of a feminized mazar, about half the girls are this size. The rest range from this size to half this size.
picture.php

Teh_Baker

Mazar
picture.php

THC Snow
picture.php

Crop shots
picture.php

Sick AK47 Auto, input appreciated...
picture.php

Nearly all of the plants are doing great. I can tell that the Mazar and Snows are going to be heady monsters! The AK47 seems to be a light feeder, but not all of the plants took that route. They all get the same nute strength and only 3 of the 9 went wonkey. I think it was a Mg deficiency, and have already added Mg to the mix. The AK47 pic here is already boucing back with healthy growth at the apical maristems.
Ak47 and Bubblegum just started flowering this week! :woohoo:

Teh_Baker

So i have an update. I am going to be working out of town, but the garden is in good hands. Updates should come weekly for the foreseeable future. The sick AK47 still seems like she is pulling out of her funk still. But there are no slackers allowed in this garden! Either she makes it or she doesnt, no special treatment, lol.
picture.php

The rest of the garden is still doing quite well. Im still not sold on these autoflowers yet. They are a little small for my liking at this point. But the idea was to have some early crop while waiting until october for kind buds. Im sure they will still bulk up though, only time will tell.
Heres a couple of the AK47...
picture.php

picture.php

Here is a shot of a THC Snow, its still growing at the same rate or better than the Mazar.
picture.php

Teh_Baker

The bubblegum auto seems to have blessed me with at least 2 phenotypes. 1 is going to be very bushy, and the other is nearly a straight cola. It would have been good for a SOG setup.
Here are a couple shots of the Bubblegum Auto
picture.php

picture.php

And then we have a couple overall crop shots. Enjoy!
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Teh_Baker

oh yeah, i'm down for this ride
afghan genetics is a world unto itself

I suppose that most strains are that way. Each has its own special needs. Seems only a few are nearly id10t proof...
Supposedly my THC Snows are that way. Nearly error proof. They do look yummy at an early age, the indica dominance is readily apparent.

packerfan79

Veteran
Autoflowers are very finicky, they don't like to be transplanted and any stress will affect the final product. Aridbud breeds autos and they are cheap and supposed to be quite good. Afterthought autos. I ran autos from fastbuds the og was almost certainly a blue dream, the g13 was good but tiny, candy kush was decent but tiny tasted like sprite. Looks like you got some good buds in your future.

When I first started I was going to order son thc snow, like 6 years ago.

Teh_Baker

Autoflowers are very finicky, they don't like to be transplanted and any stress will affect the final product. ...Looks like you got some good buds in your future.

Hey thanks! It seems they didnt like cold temps either. This season when i sprouted beans, we had a cold snap come through with night temps in the high 40's. I know this stunted growth but for some reason i was expecting larger plants. I have to keep reminding myself that these are cousins of lowrider, they wont be normal outdoor that im used to. This is definitely a learning experience for me.
Do most people give flowering nutes from the sprout? I started with veg after 2 weeks of straight water. Only switched nutes at first signs of flower, like i would with any normal plant.

Teh_Baker

Quick update... one of my THC Snows is now getting sick... and my test with the mazar is still going well. Over all the crop looks big. It is starting to show promiss. All of my Mazar are confirmed female, and about half the THC Snow too. Here is a pic to hold you over...
picture.php

Teh_Baker

Here we have a very healthy Mazar. I was afraid at first that they might be male due to the extraordinary growth rate...Ak47 stage left
picture.php

Ak47/Thc Snow/Bubblegum, its so funny to see flowering and vegging side by side, outdoors! And no light dep...
picture.php

ThcSnow and my test Mazar. The THC's are keeping up the pace with the Mazar...
picture.php

Alsa, not all is Bubblegum and sunshine. I have another issue. One of my THC's has strange curl happeneing at all of the newest growth tips. Any ideas?
picture.php

igrowone

Veteran
it might be a problem, but probably not much of one
looks healthy on the whole, maybe a magnifier to look for any sap suckers on the leaves
like the fast growing mazar, some mazars do get very large

Teh_Baker

Turns out i do have an issue with sap suckers, but i certainly dont need a magnifyer to see them. Ever heard of the buffalo treehopper? I gots em in spades! They are sap suckers and lay their eggs in the cambium layer of the stems. Fungus and other pathogens can get into the plant through these slits... https://www.britannica.com/animal/treehopper
They can even stunt the growth of plants if left unchecked.

igrowone

Veteran
Turns out i do have an issue with sap suckers, but i certainly dont need a magnifyer to see them. Ever heard of the buffalo treehopper? I gots em in spades! They are sap suckers and lay their eggs in the cambium layer of the stems. Fungus and other pathogens can get into the plant through these slits... https://www.britannica.com/animal/treehopper
They can even stunt the growth of plants if left unchecked.

not one i'm too familiar with
bugs and outdoors, when i used to guerilla grow plants were left to make it or not
which did lower the stress, but some plants didn't do well
catching them in the act? they could be bystanders

Teh_Baker

catching them in the act? they could be bystanders

I have been catching them in the act, of mating and feeding. And no bug in my garden is a bystander. Everyone has a job. Predatory bugs have the job to eat the bad bugs, and bad bugs have the job of becoming food for the predators or outright dying!:lightning:

igrowone

Veteran
my bug expertise is small, but did a quick read on how they move around
they drop from trees and walk to their meals
diatomaceous earth on the ground around your plants might work
it punctures soft bodied insects and they dry out, but caveat emptor on free advice

Teh_Baker

From what i have read, they can fly up to 2ft. Thats funny because i have observed them flying well over 20ft! DE might work, but i am currently trying spinosad on them now... we shall see...

Latest posts

Latest posts