What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pakistan Yarkhun @ Mriko

GoatCheese

Veteran
Hi there Roms.
Do you have any whole plant photos of the Pakiks?

BTW..
Now that i'm flowering my X18s, i noticed 'Afghan Kush' by World Of Seeds has a pheno that, i'm quite sure, is related to X18. Many of the X18s have this strange and loud "exotic fruit/flower smell" and fuel-like hashy, spicey aroma and one of the Afghan Kushes i grew years ago had the same aroma, but also similar plant-structure.

It looked abit like this, very little side branching like some of the X18s (..pic from s eedfiinder, not mine)
picture.php

Nirvana's 'Ice', which has North Indian-genetics in it, also had the same strange exotic fruit/flower smell on one pheno, but without the fuel-like hashyness, and the plant was much taller than my X18s. The high was similar to N. indian charas, so it could be that X18 and the Afghan Kush have the same/related N.Indian genetics in them.

Peace

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Hey pal,

Instead of cross it back to the x18, what about keep inbred it! I'm sure that could be a hell of a outdoor strain, but i hear x18 is a bit finicky outdoor.

Good luck :D

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
@Manivelle, :smoke:

@GC, no more photo for now sorry patience bro!
About X18 wibes yes you are right with the terpz feelings... Related to South Afghani "watani" lines like Deep Chunk imho... It is all about the same Kafiristanican "pre-indica" origin?

@MisterD, merci poto ne t'en fais pas, je garderai biensûr la ligne Pakik non retro-croisée... But i keep in mind the X18 BX to produce big wide leaves with good vigor branching and small/medium stature. In contrast to the big and high sativ Mazari... :D

GoatCheese

Veteran
@Manivelle, :smoke:

@GC, no more photo for now sorry patience bro!
About X18 wibes yes you are right with the terpz feelings... Related to South Afghani "watani" lines like Deep Chunk imho... It is all about the same Kafiristanican "pre-indica" origin?

I'm not very well read with the topic, just stared to get interested a while ago, but there sure is narrow-leaf-traits in X18, thou Reserva Privada's verson is more broad-leaf line.
One of my four Tom Hill X18's was a proper short broad leaf, the rest have more narrow leaf traits in them, my Tom-male being quite strechy. It was a bit streched before flowering because of cfl vege in very full veg-cab, but still likes to grow, more than the Reserva X18s i have.
..because of N. Indian genetics as i speculated earlier?!

picture.php

picture.php

Here's my broad-leaf girl:

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
I'm not very well read with the topic, just stared to get interested a while ago, but there sure is narrow-leaf-traits in X18, thou Reserva Privada's verson is more broad-leaf line.
One of my four Tom Hill X18's was a proper short broad leaf, the rest have more narrow leaf traits in them, my Tom-male being quite strechy. It was a bit streched before flowering because of cfl vege in very full veg-cab, but still likes to grow, more than the Reserva X18s i have.
..because of N. Indian genetics as i speculated earlier?!

Salut GC thanks again to sharing your current experience with Pakistani vibes! So yeah Reserva Privada's line is simply more inbreeded, just two parents P1 x P1 from what i know, Raco's cut x 1 male? So broad leaves mostly for sure compared to TH's openpolli versions... ;)

And very nice large pistils diva you have bro congratz! Bonne suite!

purple clouds

Veteran
Smoke report on the Yarkhun.

The taste is sweet, fruity(cherry oriented), faint floral, faint earthy-must, with a little funk that I've noticed in others paki.
At first you notice an energy going to the center of the head, lightly stimulating the pineal gland, Then some spacey effects come on followed by some euphoria and a calm relaxation over the body.
I find the smoke good for doing repetitive tasks. I flowered this one for 12-13 weeks. The smell from the dried buds is amazing. One of my favorite smelling cultivars.

The other pheno had a sweet, tar-fuel funk, earthy, and a subtle floral taste.
This one had a similar high but more stimulating thoughts. I picked this one at 10 weeks due to nanners from stress. I think it would have gotten heavier if finished.

Thanks Roms, Mriko

Last edited:

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Absolutely beautiful work.

Sounds like a great breeder.
Anyone test this line for CBD and novel cannabinoids?

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Smoke report on the Yarkhun.

The taste is sweet, fruity(cherry oriented), faint floral, faint earthy-must, with a little funk that I've noticed in others paki.
At first you notice an energy going to the center of the head, lightly stimulating the pineal gland, Then some spacey effects come on followed by some euphoria and a calm relaxation over the body.
I find the smoke good for doing repetitive tasks. I flowered this one for 12-13 weeks. The smell from the dried buds is amazing. One of my favorite smelling cultivars.

The other pheno had a sweet, tar-fuel funk, earthy, and a subtle floral taste.
This one had a similar high but more stimulating thoughts. I picked this one at 10 weeks due to nanners from stress. I think it would have gotten heavier if finished.

Thanks Roms, Mriko

Vibes PC thank you to explore and report!

About les bananes i think that the stress is a good selection technik btw... :D
Have you saved the other cherry thing clone F2 to play with other genetics? Or to make your Yarkhun IBL fruity line F3? I also wonder if you found something funky fruitz with Mriko's Yarkhun x Laspur gold F1? Keep up the good work amigo, those old Yarkhuns need love n' selection and exotic F1! Peace

purple clouds

Veteran
I forgot to clone the cherry pheno but I did make a bunch of seeds using a male Yarkhun/Laspur Gold though.

I have a really nice Yarkhun/Laspur Gold that has a couple more weeks to go. Fruity-musty smell now on her. I think those funky smells will develop when her deeper essences come out as she finishes up.

No one tested the Yarkhun yet @THCVhunter.
I might use Chimera's method for testing CBD in the future but I have no way of getting it lab tested for cannabinoids and their percentages.

first pic is pure Yarkhun the rest are the Yarkhun/Laspur Gold. I'll get some fresher pics of the Y/LG soon.

Last edited:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Good news that you find other fruity funkz specimens PC! Bonne fin de flo! Let's hope no mold worries...

Yx(YxLG) seems to be more sativhash compared to pure Yarkhun... Knowing that Yarkhun valleys are a bit up level in altitude and closer to Nuristan valleys... Imo altitude indicash the genetic... (?)

Here is in the wild, shot by Mriko. (Birir valley near Yarkhun).
picture.php

GoatCheese

Veteran
Hey Roms. How's it going.
Was reading about ACE's PCK and stumbled on Dubi's Yarkhun experience.
..Maybe you've seen this already.
He's replying to Mriko's Q about the possible relation of PCK and Yarkhun.
Dubi wrote he saw "wild sativa" in the Yarkhun line, maybe it's the same wild landrace-side i saw in the Baglung Nepalis i mentioned earlier.

High mriko!

It's a pleasure to see you around!

Yarkhun was not very related to Chitral indicas i've experienced although both zones are relative close.

Yarkhun seeds you sent me produced different indica expressions, some were some kind of indica x wild paki sativa which were not very interesting to breed and the lonely purple yarkhun pheno which is the one to look for.

Purple yarkhun female i had grew like a pure afghani. She had a very columnar and robust structure. The leaf was very dark and broad, robust with a hashy gum aroma.
I grew her indoors and she didnt branch to me but outdoors with longer vegetatives she can produce nice bushes like yours, mriko.

She produces a high amount of crystals during flowering with a deep earthy/hashy aroma. Flowering time was around 9 weeks for me. The flowers had a beautifu purple pigmentation with the low temps. Potency was good but not overpowering. A pleasant relaxed smoke. Good for night or for hash production.

Im sure the purple yarkhun line has lot of potential but the line needs big parental selection to fix the interesting traits in the population.
A link to Dubi's original post:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=797490&postcount=5

Later. :)

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
High GC, fine bro!

About the PCK it is essentially the breed of Charlie Garcia first, Dubi just perpetuated CBG 's work!
So simply i think that the PCK is a strongly selected line for years that why specimens don't really sativash now...
But yes Yarkhun is not a full broad leaf strain (with large pistils!), just few specimens like on Mriko's picture above!

Last edited:

conlarazon

Veteran
Thank you

Thank you

Hello from Chile ...thank you very much my friend

the seeds arrived ok , 2 Mazar + 1 Pakik out in 3 day
soon the pics

salud por alla

GoatCheese

Veteran
High GC, fine bro!

About the PCK it is essentially the breed of Charlie Garcia first, Dubi just perpetuated CBG 's work!
So simply i think that the PCK is a strongly selected line for years that why specimens don't really sativash now...

Good point. The RSC Chitrali seems to be quite all over the place, just like there is lanky X18's as expected.

Have you thought of doing larger Yarkhun selections to isolate interesting phenos and inbreeding your own Yarkhun-line?
..or are you thinking about this kind of work with any other lines like your mazari?

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Hola @Conlarazon, muchas gracias to report and explore! Let's hope you will find what you want! Paz amigo

@GoatCheese, yah bro Yarkhun is in my genetic quiver since i reproduce them F2 indoor 3 years ago. So F3s will come oneday for sure but when? I also think to improve and reproduce them outdoor next time as i did with the Mazari 2009 F2s.
But yes all my landrace lines are with IBL projects but also multiple crosses in work... Next grow is always difficult to choose ya know^^... Swazi? Mazari?, Yarkhun?, Lambsbread?... to next projects Colombian roja, Mexican Chiappas, Malagasy, Hunza, Burmese... With just 80*80*180 and 250w ^^!

Crosses IBL projects for now :
- Mazar x Swazi, F2
- X18 x Yarkhun, F3
- Thaï x Mazar, F3
- Swazi x Lebanon, F3
- Thaï x Malawi, F2
- SourBubble x Malawi, F3
- SPG*Mango haze x Swazi F2

:thank you:

Last edited:

GoatCheese

Veteran
With just 80*80*180 and 250w ^^!
I know how you feel! :biggrin:

I use a 250 watter in 60x60x140cm or 90x50x160 cm tent.
..i wonder how things will go when i'll crack a pack of (Green) OT Haze or Mangobiche Colombians i just got? The 60x60x140 tent could prove to be a bit small :biggrin:

Well, flowered from mature clones right after rooting in small pots and it might work. I also have a K4500 MH bulb for those grows to keep the strech down abit, but i have never grown a pure SA sativa before ..he-he