What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Problems with Flying dutchmen

mj23

Im not trying to defam but I have to report. I bought a 5 pack of FEMALE SEEDS G-Force. I sprouted 3 that were all extremely vigorous BUT ALL MALE!! be careful of these....
very dissapointed....

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
common bro that is a cheap shot...

when you drop seeds its the luck the draw plain and simple...

wayfarer

Would have preferred to be wrong if it meant your luck turned out better. You can always try to contact TFD to see if they will stand behind their product and send you a regular pack of equal value. :comfort:

I

Iron_Lion

My friend just bought a pack of Gforce fem, I tried to tell him the dutchman sucks but he didnt listen. looks like he'll be getting herms.

amrad

every company that "claims" to have fem seeds has had herms and males come up.... stressing a plant to make fem seeds does not work %100 of the time...

This makes no sense at all. Stress is seldom used anymore to make commercial femmed seeds. And most breeders are very careful to chose true females to fem, to eliminate the chance of herms. Demand new seeds or your money back, enough said.

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
This makes no sense at all. Stress is seldom used anymore to make commercial femmed seeds. And most breeders are very careful to chose true females to fem, to eliminate the chance of herms. Demand new seeds or your money back, enough said.

Ohhh im sorry putting STS , GA3 on a plant or letting a plant go past its ripe point is not considered stressing a plant any more... ?

JWP

wow this is so strange...
i wonder why so many people are havng issues with feminized seeds?

mj23

common bro that is a cheap shot...

when you drop seeds its the luck the draw plain and simple...

No cheap shot at all. Im just letting others know to be weary
!!! These were listed as female beans and they are male not even herm. ok 1-100 is acceptable. 3-3 isnt.

mj23

I dont like ordering seeds to the area due to .well...you know. The money isnt my concern so much its the waste of time and risk for nothing...

amrad

I hear ya, however you should notify the breeder or seed bank anyway. It might be a problem with putting your order together, which sounds likley, giving you normal instead of fem'd seeds. Its only fair to make them aware of the problem in a non confrontational way, gives them a chance to fix what went wrong.
I'v never been screwed by a seed co, but did have a run in with Doc. Cronic once that took a couple of emails to straighten out. Ha ha