What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Nice Guy Sativa pheno

mdanzig

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heres the story. I acquired this rare "Sativa" Pheno Purple Nice Guy from what I believed to be an S1 seed. After growing this out it definetly shows a lot of purple in it. The bag I acquired was through some back channels in the Midwest. Out of a half of an ounce was nearly gone of this excellent smoke, I found a single seed in a bud. Now there is a possibility this has some hermie tendencies, but Im not totally sure yet. At the very end of this grow I have started to notice just a few bananas to which Ive plucked maticulously. Shes just days away from being ready, I have two ladies. I did find a light leak that had stressed several of my plants for weeks, so for now I'm banking on that being the actual cause. I did collect several bananas in hopes I might be able to cross it with another more certain for sure stable plant. I found a couple male parts on a few other plants of mine that I know have never hermied. Anyways except for just a couple nanners, these are wonderfully exceptional. The cross of this hybrid from the best I can find out is, that its G13 X Hashplant X Purple Urkle, and the history goes back a ways to its origins of just G13 X Hashplant, but later crossed again to Purple Urkle. The stems of the leaves, are very dark maroon from the moment it grows, and stays that way thru out the grow. Purple Nice Guy stretches like crazy with about 30 inches of stretch. She gets real dark at the very end, and has zillions of popcorn like buds, with a single leaf next to each and every bud. The are branches growing out of branches. Its freaking crazy how this plant grows. Lots of pull as afar as harvest goes, but you must keep her trimmed, and top her maybe one time early. Thinning out is a must. Even after I thinned the plants out, they still grew all of these branches. Very hard to tame.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

whodair

Veteran
its an octopus holding pom poms holy shit !!! very impressive she looks quite healthy !!!

wayfarer

I smoked some Purple Mr. Nice Guy in Boston a few months back. The girl who picked it up paid $70 an 1/8. It was very social and upbeat, without raciness, very natural feeling so it felt mild at first. I am usually pretty quiet and reserved but I was rambling on and on and it lasted a good two three hours. The color was more lavender than purple. Frosty, dense nugs, like the ones pictured. I would have thought from the lineage it would be more stoney/sedating.
Looks like Mdanzig is growing them proper. :tiphat:

yea i also got some mr. nice guy and i was told that it was a purple and the lineage was g13xhashplant so i was wondering where the purple came from but i guess it yeilds good for a purple...i got some vegging now.......can't wait to see how urs turn out

Marn

I always was under the assumption that it was g13 x Hashplant. I'm sure the purple comes from the hashplant. I had some Purple Mr. Nice Guy in Chicago but it was an indica dom pheno. The nugs looked very nice, frosty and the stuff put me on my ass. Couchlock'd

mdanzig

ICMag Donor
Veteran
it looks green to me

Yes, it looks green, but the pictures dont really do this plant justice, as it is in fact very dark maroon, to almost light purple. At least the back sides of the leaves, and the leaf stems.

Latest posts

Latest posts