What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C99 vs Apollo 11

Just wanted to get some peeps opinions on these two...I'm gonna pick up a couple packs of one or the other or maybe both, just wanted to hear anyone's thoughts and experiences with these strains.

ibjamming

Veteran
Same ancestry...they started out as sisters. Many people like each of them. Read a few reviews.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
NOT sisters, Apollo is the product of Cindy and her sister Genius.
Cindy has more of a rush to her, and can induce chest-tightness & paranoia w/ some people.
Apollo is a more cerebral, even-keeled high. :2cents:

G

guest121295

Damn, I've never had an Apollo.Had a nice Cinderella once, an ex-wife too...I would like to find an authentic Apollo though...:)

I'm not sure about the Genius clone's availability, but I assume it's the real deal...I don't wanna name the vendor but it's known to be legit.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wonder if gypsy has some A11 seeds,as he/DGS just re-did C99,

maybe its time for A11 spotlight now?

I

Iron_Lion

A few years ago I debated over the very same thing and ended up buying the apollo. I grew it out, it was good but the last few years since then I have been wishing I got c99. I know its around but since then I've had too much other shit inline before it. C99 is one of those strains you never hear anything bad about.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ agree. C99 is way more popular then A11

I have head c99 x A11 but was a male ( single seed , no room ) , wally C99, and mosca C99, but haven't got around to it, because DJ always has right of way for my room...

I suggest everyone to pick up the GN C99, as you know its the closest to the source, and with his last experiences offering it, Im sure gypsy's C99 is more then good enough...

I just do want someone to release A11, as I like more "mellow" "talkative"

I

Iron_Lion

I just do want someone to release A11, as I like more "mellow" "talkative"

Its around you just have to know where to look. I've been considering making some crosses.

Last edited:

kaneboy

i grew heads c-99xa-11 and got a real nice pheno very lemon twisted was a nice body stoned made me active as was nice but mosca c99 is one superb strain so uniform and the pineapple pheno is very impressive has got it all also rez chem99 is a pure pineapple cindy twisted with chemdog very nice

Last edited:

DrPoison

POISON GENETICS.
ICMag Donor
Look for a Grape Apollo pheno if you can get them, maybe a little rare, but so tasty and a great toke! Made a few seeds w/ mine, but have yet to grow them out. One of my all time favorites and will always be a keeper is my Apollo11/LieuHanh x C99. Quick flower time, tropical fruit aroma/taste all the way, and just cant seem to get tired of her. Whether you decide get the Apollo11 or C99...I think you will be happy either way. ;)

M

McCloud

Hey!

I ran 2 phenos of Dutch-passion Apollo, dunno about the genetics behind DP Apollo tho.
I would say by then having smoked indicas and sativas of many a kind that Apollo came as the perfect combination of the two.
Smoked or vaped the effects came with a delay, slowly filling your body with love to share with everything around you. No negative thoughts, just amazement of life and the beauty of it. Very thought provoking stuff too.
I'd say it's the best weed I've smoked and grown, growing this was so much fun, it was branching alot making huge leaves. Good for scrog.
Perfect weed for going out with people OR just filling your loneliness at home with cosmic warmth and love. PEACE. :blowbubbles:

vavwl

Both are pretty incredible strains in my opinion. They both finish fast, and have a sativa high. The C99 has a better smell and taste, but I found the high to be very strong/racy with paranoia. The A11 was a much better high, happy and relaxing, and a pleasure to smoke, but the taste/smell wasn't as good.

I'd say grow both, its worth it.

One plant of Apollo 11 I grew a few years ago was the best bud i've ever smoke.

gardenlover

I will chime in here. I have never grown or smoked anything other than mosca's and I got two phenos, one that may not have even been c99 as it was vary stout and bushy and one that grows like the original. The original looking pheno is incredible! If I could only pick one for th rest of my life it would be this girl, and my gf ays the same thing. I also run alot of other excellent strains like east coast SD, supper silver haze, blue moonshine ect. my girl has access to at least 6 choices and will always say c99 when I ask what we should smoke. I think I may have a special girl. or my other thought is that the characteristics that everyone seems to like are so dominate that most turn out to be fantastic girls. I really can't say enuff about this girl I have. It is making its way around michigan now.

PicosPoisonftw!

pictures and a summary of the high please?

I will chime in here. I have never grown or smoked anything other than mosca's and I got two phenos, one that may not have even been c99 as it was vary stout and bushy and one that grows like the original. The original looking pheno is incredible! If I could only pick one for th rest of my life it would be this girl, and my gf ays the same thing. I also run alot of other excellent strains like east coast SD, supper silver haze, blue moonshine ect. my girl has access to at least 6 choices and will always say c99 when I ask what we should smoke. I think I may have a special girl. or my other thought is that the characteristics that everyone seems to like are so dominate that most turn out to be fantastic girls. I really can't say enuff about this girl I have. It is making its way around michigan now.

Z

zen_trikester

A11 was the first strain I purchased and I can't say enough about it. I love this plant and everyone who I smoke with says the same. Very unique taste and high. Not a big producer, but a fairly fast grower. I prefer mine at 8-9 weeks so not super fast but I prefer most everything well finished so in my garden that is pretty fast!