What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

REQUEST: Comparison of Original Haze x Skunk #1 vs. Northern Lights #5 x Haze

HazeDaze

I have narrowed down my choice for next grow to these two strains. I am leaning towards the NL#5 x Haze cross because I love Northern Lights. However, NL#5 x Haze is much more expensive than Haze x Skunk #1.

From those who have experience with both or either of these strains, what is the high and taste of these strains like?

:thank you:

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
Hazexsk#1 is strong smoke if taken to full maturity. It's mucho expansive makes me cough everytime I hit it in the bong, joints aren't as bad but still expansive. The taste is hard to describe kind of a earthy, spicy, taste to it, not it's biggest point to me. It hits HARD, some of the strongest herb I have grown to date, it's a sativa type of high that is mostly in your head at first but goes to a body buzz after some time. It's a really good strain imo. I don't have any experience with the NLx Haze cross but I bet it's just as good!

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
There is plenty of appreciation threads on OH x sk#1, it's beutiful trippy weed from the past. Once you'll see how much vigor those plants have you wont regret the choice.
Mind that the haze leaning pheno can go VERY long flowering though.

Peace

=K

bushweed

Veteran
Many consider the NLHaze the best post-haze hybrid ever. The question is whether the existing ones on the market are the same that left smokers speechless in the past. Perhaps not. That's a question you might ask in the MNS section.

Syd

ICMag Donor
An old friend who years ago grew a pack of Nirvana NL#5/Haze told me that some plants were some of the most trippy he ever smoked.
This was one of his outdoor trees

picture.php

T

the_coota

Check out mr nice seeds catalogue, he still holds original haze C and hybrids.
Check the most succesful haze hybrid of all time, Super Silver Haze- NLHzC x SkHzC, correct me if im wrong.

Syd

ICMag Donor
SSH=NL#5/Haze C x Sk#1/Haze A

Yes, MNS is always the best choice for Haze hybrids. Nev.Haze is a clear exemple.

l33t

Veteran
Syd,

SSH is not NL5HzC x SK1HzA , it is NL5HzC x Sk1HzC as the coota correctly said.

HazeDaze

HippyJohnny: Sensi NL#5xHaze and Seedsman or Skunkman's Skunk #1 x Haze.

Syd: Thanks for the pic of NL#5xHaze! Neville's Haze is also a very good suggestion, thanks for that too!

F

feral

If you got the space/light/ and willing to put in 3 months plus in for a proper cure I say O. Haze. If your going for a 'haze' high I say o.haze or skunk/haze. Otherwise go with NL5/haze for a shorter flowering period. I've got Seedsman O.Haze growing now and at 7 weeks flower she's no where near done.

Syd

ICMag Donor
Syd,

SSH is not NL5HzC x SK1HzA , it is NL5HzC x Sk1HzC as the coota correctly said.

I was sure about the A but if you say it, I trust. Thanks for correcting me. So which of the Shanti crosses are made with the A?

Sorry, Coota

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice idea

Nice idea

Does anybody have experience with NL#5xHaze?

Yes! :D
About the best Haze hybrid when first introduced - and still is I guess.
MNS have a new version, I would bet on Shanti producing something close to the old version.
The MNS version is about 50% the cost of Sensi's if that is where you planned going? If you can't find any other way the Italian shop is fine, especially with MNS stock.

Edit, it's about 30% the cost

Last edited:

HazeDaze

Haze Lady: Thank you for the reply! :cathug: Just so that I understand correctly, the NL#5xHaze MNS release is Neville's Haze? I don't see any other pure NL#5xHaze crosses offered on their website.

whodair

Veteran
nl5xhaze from sensi seed shop in ADAM=zero germ and they will not discuss replacements whatsoever...

mns neville haze is 25% nl 75% haze

Latest posts

Latest posts