Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > incorrect npk and supplement ratios are some of the reasons for shitty bud

Thread Title Search
-
incorrect npk and supplement ratios are some of the reasons for shitty bud Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2018, 09:55 PM #101
calisun

calisun will become famous soon enoughcalisun will become famous soon enoughcalisun will become famous soon enough
Wow you guys are trying to compare indoor to outdoor, small scale to large scale, Hydro to soil, organic to chem. Feels like a waste of time. There is very little you can get out of those comparisons as each has or will need different care. Large scale of course you buying individual elements and amending as need it cheapest and the best way to go. Woo woo juice is not the best way financially for large grows. For small indoors it could be great. There are so many products out there you can find the woo woo juice with ratios that works perfect with your base bag soil for very little cost. Anyway I think anyone that scoffs at amending with individual or scoffs about woo woo juice is a little closed minded as they do not know every situation is a little different.
I read all of slows post and gain valuable information as he is very knowledgeable, been in the farming game for a long time and knows the science behind what he does. I think he sees a lot of soil reports and visited a lot of growers. He has a good understanding of what ratios of elements are working.
Don't be afraid of change. As I don't agree with some of slows Mg points.( I know slow I got way too much in my soil somehow but that's not where I disagree) I am going to try to implement some changes in a section and see what happens. Slow I would love to see some of the herb you are hyping and see if it really compares to the grade A I see.
What it comes down to is genetics are King if people don't see that they are missing the boat
calisun is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:24 PM #102
jidoka

jidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to all
I would argue zero bottled nute formulas have the right Ca:k or k:p ratios and none of them have enough mn.

If there is one please let me know. It could indeed work for a small grow
jidoka is online now Quote

Old 01-17-2018, 01:25 AM #103
calisun

calisun will become famous soon enoughcalisun will become famous soon enoughcalisun will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidoka View Post
I would argue zero bottled nute formulas have the right Ca:k or k:p ratios and none of them have enough mn.

If there is one please let me know. It could indeed work for a small grow
I'm not saying it can be found all in one bottle nor am I saying its all organic but
Age old organics makes 5-10-5 fertilizer.
RAW makes a Calmag 13%ca 3%Mg, GH makes a cal mag I think is 5 ca 1 Mg. witch is useful at sometimes. Safergro has a lot of great single chelated minerals. FoxFarms grow 6-4-4 I think works great in their soil and most others. I think most nutrient companies are just discovering Mn value (so am I) and it appears to be short in formulas.
All these products I mentioned can be bought at the local grow store. I'm not trying to say this is the best way to go for everyone. It's more for a closet grow but I can nail down a proper diet for the plants from bottles once I know the what the proper diet is. I'm always learning something new.
calisun is offline Quote

Old 01-17-2018, 01:30 AM #104
jidoka

jidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to all
I have tried age old. Zero Ca, so be aware of that...but yea that is a good base
jidoka is online now Quote

Old 01-17-2018, 02:16 AM #105
calisun

yeah, I don't like age old myself. Tried it once and had bad results I believe their chemical analysis is off and there was way too much boron in it. I just used that for a npk number example.
btw the pics you been posting look great. Keep up the good work
calisun is offline Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 05:19 AM #106
larry badiner

larry badiner has a spectacular aura aboutlarry badiner has a spectacular aura aboutlarry badiner has a spectacular aura aboutlarry badiner has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannabologist View Post
Sooo...

Plants come in 2 forms in general when it comes to nutrient uptake, efficient feeders and heavy feeders.

ive noticed that in my own garden, what I think its:

sativa = needs less water
indica = needs more water than sativa
rudealis = ? will score some af's later as a houseplant

i never took biology but since each plant can be unique there has to be some mathematical equation to grow what I call "the perfect enjoyment"

6x6x8 tent, 3x300w led, 1x1000w hps, 12 pot flood and drain with a 55 gallon rez, maxigrow/flora nova
5x5x7 tent, 1x600w hps, happy frog soil with plain tap water
2x4x7 tent, 2x300w led, 12 plant sea of green, happy frog soil and plain water

remember to apply the scientific method to your grows!
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/scien...entific-method
larry badiner is offline Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 07:50 PM #107
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry badiner View Post
ive noticed that in my own garden, what I think its:

sativa = needs less water
indica = needs more water than sativa
rudealis = ? will score some af's later as a houseplant

i never took biology but since each plant can be unique there has to be some mathematical equation to grow what I call "the perfect enjoyment"
Larry,

Excellent observations!

I have found that sativas want more N than indicas...

Your observation about water is more than likely due to an irrigation calculation factor called roughness. Basically the bigger the leaf and leaf density, the more "roughness", meaning more evaporation from the leaf due to its' size, width, etc, thus the observation you have made, the plant wants more water. The sativa will take longer to dry out as a result.

And I also agree with you completely about the mathematical formula for each variety, not just a grow! In large crops like mandarin oranges, an Okitsu has a very different feeding requirement than an Owari. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! Cannabis is the same of that I am sure.

Excellent!
I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN
TO THIS WORLD

-Harry Forster Chapins' Tombstone
slownickel is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:15 AM #108
mrrangz

mrrangz will become famous soon enoughmrrangz will become famous soon enough
so much arguing/back and forth and one's trying to prove them selves.

from my experience no one plant feeds the same vs other and no one plant will grow the same in a different environment using exact nutrient profile... obviously

i do believe Ca is wayyyy overlooked and should be loaded before jumping into flowering.. but thats just for a certain strain i work. try the same mix on a different genetic and i end up with excess nitrogen, claws and dark green leaves. Get my point?

The more i learn, the more confusion grows.

hope this helps
mrrangz is offline Quote

Old 01-20-2018, 03:27 AM #109
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
Mrrang,

So far, 24 countries, lost count of how many farms, numbers always work provided you understand which science to use per situation. Some of us are actually trained to be agronomists and some of us have actually done work professionally as well as run our own farms.

Sorry about your confusion. I try to help out, maybe take a gander over at the slownickel lounge. Ongoing discussions, several countries, several states, half a million visits or so. I suggest watching the video on the first page. Really helps cut through a lot of confusion if you use numbers.
TO THIS WORLD

Old 01-20-2018, 03:39 AM #110
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by calisun View Post
Anyway I think anyone that scoffs at amending with individual or scoffs about woo woo juice is a little closed minded as they do not know every situation is a little different.
I read all of slows post and gain valuable information as he is very knowledgeable, been in the farming game for a long time and knows the science behind what he does. I think he sees a lot of soil reports and visited a lot of growers. He has a good understanding of what ratios of elements are working.
Don't be afraid of change. As I don't agree with some of slows Mg points.( I know slow I got way too much in my soil somehow but that's not where I disagree)
Cali,

I have no problem adding Mg in the form of K-Mag and it is often part of my recommendation. It does not react like Mg Sulfate.

I also have no problem putting on foliar Mg, also recommended in many situations. Realize that with high Mg it is common to have Mg deficiencies in the leaves! Lack of air and being water logged kills roots.

So, exactly which part of my Mg rec's are you not in agreement with?
TO THIS WORLD