Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-2017, 07:36 AM #2221
paradoxlost

paradoxlost has a spectacular aura aboutparadoxlost has a spectacular aura aboutparadoxlost has a spectacular aura aboutparadoxlost has a spectacular aura aboutparadoxlost has a spectacular aura about
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science...04423811000513

Old 04-16-2017, 08:17 AM #2222
HillMizer

HillMizer is a jewel in the roughHillMizer is a jewel in the roughHillMizer is a jewel in the roughHillMizer is a jewel in the roughHillMizer is a jewel in the roughHillMizer is a jewel in the roughHillMizer is a jewel in the roughHillMizer is a jewel in the rough
What's up with high sulfur in commercial composts? I'm finding a lot of high sulfur. This one I'm looking at is 160ppm in material with a CEC of 9.

Is this from using ammonium sulfate as a starter? (nitrogens are low at present) Or elemental sulfur to bring down the ph (at 6.6 at the moment). Or is just the way it is? I think this one is lower than another I was looking at.

I'm not concerned about the presence, just wondering if it is indicative of the practices being used.

Old 04-16-2017, 08:50 AM #2223
Avinash.miles
Caregiver Extraordinaire

Avinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivor
in the past i had the idea to grow thyme with the ganja plants...
mint seems a tad invasive but would work for sure
thyme stays in it's root area, doesn't spread like mad the way mint can

thanks for the info paradoxlost

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:34 AM #2224
Dakine

Location: Some where out there...in the middle of no where...
Dakine is a glorious beacon of lightDakine is a glorious beacon of lightDakine is a glorious beacon of lightDakine is a glorious beacon of lightDakine is a glorious beacon of lightDakine is a glorious beacon of lightDakine is a glorious beacon of lightDakine is a glorious beacon of lightDakine is a glorious beacon of lightDakine is a glorious beacon of lightDakine is a glorious beacon of light
So I might not be on the same EXACT topic as the last couple pages, but I was catching up on what I havent read the past week.

Say you transplant into A much bigger pot, like one that your going to let veg for 1-2 weeks to get established, and that the plant will finish flowering in as well.. Instead of watering the entire pot, or saturating everything.. Would it be better to water the outer rim/areas of the pot?

Like dont water the inside areas that are hitting the soil/rootball that you transplanted into that big pot.. So you would be watering the new soil/medium you used to fill in the big pot for A couple weeks? I would think it would make the roots search and grow to get that water.

But im not sure that can still be considered A Wet and Dry Cycle.. Oh and im glad ive been reading this thread, well certain parts over and over and doing other research about stomatas,vpd, and the whoel shebang.. I never knew why alot of the leaves on some of my plants had sweat/water on them when looking in the tent lol.. They werent touching any other leaves and no foliar spray was aplpied at all haha I was stumped until doing some reading/research..

Thanks guys. I know I dont contribute at all to this thread. But this thread has helped me many times, and has gotten me interested enough to do studying/research out of Icmag haha@!

TnT Labs Semi Auto Strain Test Grow-On Going

TnT Lab Genetics Grow Diary Test Grow-On Going

Afgooey

SuperSilverHaze

Ssh x TrainWreck

Old 04-16-2017, 04:21 PM #2225
paradoxlost

paradoxlost has a spectacular aura aboutparadoxlost has a spectacular aura aboutparadoxlost has a spectacular aura aboutparadoxlost has a spectacular aura aboutparadoxlost has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash.miles View Post
in the past i had the idea to grow thyme with the ganja plants...
mint seems a tad invasive but would work for sure
thyme stays in it's root area, doesn't spread like mad the way mint can

thanks for the info paradoxlost
I saw that dill is supposed to be really good as well but us just as invasive as mint. Maybe with mint they would compete with each other.

Old 04-16-2017, 06:24 PM #2226
Sokan

Sokan is on a distinguished road
Hazy,
One of the names for Yaweh is I AM that I AM.
Another is RA - The Sun.

His Son / Sun is called "Jesus"... sounding very like the french for "I AM" / "Je suis"

It isn't about some dude with sandals and long hair who live in Is Ra El.... It's about what I AM.

The story is abut You!

And Me....

The Light that WE ARE / I AM.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:05 PM #2227
brown_thumb

brown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant future
^^^ Yoga?

Old 04-16-2017, 09:03 PM #2228
jidoka

jidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of light
Reppin...everybody talks about B moving Ca and that is true. But they forget Si. 100s of tests show wollastonite to be a faster Ca source than gypsum. Just don't forget pH. The upper Si limit is way above what people think.

Take 2 6 inch pots. Use vansil in 1 and solution grade gypsum in the other. Let us know which shows up in the sap first. Or water some ksil in with your gyp and see what happens

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:25 PM #2229
Heil Tweetler
Banned

Heil Tweetler has a spectacular aura aboutHeil Tweetler has a spectacular aura aboutHeil Tweetler has a spectacular aura aboutHeil Tweetler has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokan View Post
Hazy,
One of the names for Yaweh is I AM that I AM.
Another is RA - The Sun.

His Son / Sun is called "Jesus"... sounding very like the french for "I AM" / "Je suis"

It isn't about some dude with sandals and long hair who live in Is Ra El.... It's about what I AM.

The story is abut You!

And Me....

The Light that WE ARE / I AM.
'

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:50 PM #2230
reppin2c

reppin2c is a jewel in the roughreppin2c is a jewel in the roughreppin2c is a jewel in the roughreppin2c is a jewel in the roughreppin2c is a jewel in the roughreppin2c is a jewel in the roughreppin2c is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidoka View Post
Reppin...everybody talks about B moving Ca and that is true. But they forget Si. 100s of tests show wollastonite to be a faster Ca source than gypsum. Just don't forget pH. The upper Si limit is way above what people think.

Take 2 6 inch pots. Use vansil in 1 and solution grade gypsum in the other. Let us know which shows up in the sap first. Or water some ksil in with your gyp and see what happens
I can do that. I have some in 6" that I can do a lil report.

My main concern with watering in B is going to far cuz 1 ppm at a time using solubor in 2 gallons might be tough.

I sprayed some pht Ca/sea stim/accelerate/pacificgro on the ghouse. I have a history on paper as what they where testing. So we will see. The K:Ca has been running 2.46:1 on top. I suspect it'll be closer to 1.5:1 but I don't want to run all the K out to much because they're in flower. I'm a few days away from putting a lil ksil/K sulfate on for top dress.

Last edited by reppin2c; 04-17-2017 at 04:29 AM.. Reason: Spell like shit

Thread Closed