Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation

Thread Title Search
Click to buy cannabis seeds at Ace Seeds
Thread Closed
Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2017, 02:47 PM #1671
Sokan

Sokan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidoka View Post
Anybody ever try and construct a tea where Mg was compounded with P? I don't know how to test to see if I have succeeded. My thinking though, is if I can attach Mg to a phosolipid is that I can jam P into the plant and have the plant recognize it as the highly mobile cation Mg until the Mg is cleaved.

I cannot figure out how to even prove the concept. But my experiment has been brewing Mg and P together with a highly fungal tea.

If I can make it happen I can run with much lower P than most...which means much higher micro uptake...which means much higher quality.

Anybody?

I play with low pH AEM to further brew with lots of rock dusts, granite dust, bone meal together with molasses. Not sure if that works as my intention is.
I had observed a very interesting thing when I had tea aerated tea with lots of life, added molasses brought it down and mineralized/cysted but then added biochar and beet lime brought pH back and diversity appeared again....so thats why I thought you could make mineral teas this way, solubilze calcium and so on...

I like you all guys, thanks for sharing.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:07 PM #1672
led05

led05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokan View Post
I play with low pH AEM to further brew with lots of rock dusts, granite dust, bone meal together with molasses. Not sure if that works as my intention is.
I had observed a very interesting thing when I had tea aerated tea with lots of life, added molasses brought it down and mineralized/cysted but then added biochar and beet lime brought pH back and diversity appeared again....so thats why I thought you could make mineral teas this way, solubilze calcium and so on...

I like you all guys, thanks for sharing.
I use wastewater diffusers (plumbed w PVC) for my tea aeration and a large pond pump driving them in 150G feed bins (this is home use size on wheels, then use a Wayne inline pump to spray through hose with old school style brass spray nozzle, very mobile setup for a half acre I use at home personally to feed the fam), the aeration and life it brings in a few hours is amazing (why wait 12 or 24) and a relatively cheap solution to make at home with items avail at hardware store or amazon in 2 days....

The inline Pump and Pond pump are affixed to side of tank, diffuser in tank of course.... It makes delivering teas very easy when at times it can suck

Last edited by led05; 03-19-2017 at 03:25 PM..

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:09 PM #1673
caterpillar710
Banned

caterpillar710 is just really nicecaterpillar710 is just really nicecaterpillar710 is just really nicecaterpillar710 is just really nicecaterpillar710 is just really nicecaterpillar710 is just really nicecaterpillar710 is just really nicecaterpillar710 is just really nicecaterpillar710 is just really nicecaterpillar710 is just really nicecaterpillar710 is just really nice
Lol damn do you got a family like the Branch Davidians in Waco feeding em off a half acre hahaha

Old 03-19-2017, 04:59 PM #1674
led05

led05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by caterpillar710 View Post
Lol damn do you got a family like the Branch Davidians in Waco feeding em off a half acre hahaha
haha, extended too, give some to neighbors as well, the only food things we buy at store are proteins for most part..... Ever grow Serviceberries, delicious and earliest fruit there is around here

Old 03-19-2017, 06:04 PM #1675
calisun

calisun will become famous soon enoughcalisun will become famous soon enough
slow, jodoka, cat, leadsled,led hazy,orech or anyone else. Would you mind discussing your thoughts and course of action you would take with my soil and water. All posted on this thread page 173 #1722
Thanks

Old 03-19-2017, 08:48 PM #1676
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by calisun View Post
I got my soil tests back. I have 12 spots and tested 3 of them. Each spot is about 2 yards. I had spectrum test three spots #one,two and three. Number one the plant did not do well at all last year and spots two and three performed very well on average with the other 9 spots. The soil test shows that spot # one isn't much different from the others so I think I either had a sick plant I planted their or I did have some ants in that spot and another spot. I am looking into nematodes as it sounds like the ants were farming insects in the soil and may of hurt my root system? I also had logan lab do a test in spot # two so I can cross reference with last years logan test. I am having a hard time reading spectrums test as it is new two me but I am slowly working through it. It looks like i'm low in cu and n maybe b and zn. My Mg looks pretty high again. I did apply gypsum a couple times last year but it's still high. I also attached the water test from my well. My well does test positive for coliform. Was debating of running my water for the garden through a uv light? What do you guys think. I always appreciate any and all input. Sorry I haven't contributed much I'm still in the learning phase of balancing soil and minerals but I have been growing successfully for many years and will contribute more tips and things I have learned over the years more often.
Is this a soil or a mix?

What has been added here?

Please explain what we are looking at?
I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN
TO THIS WORLD

-Harry Forster Chapins' Tombstone

Old 03-19-2017, 09:01 PM #1677
superx

superx has a brilliant futuresuperx has a brilliant futuresuperx has a brilliant futuresuperx has a brilliant futuresuperx has a brilliant futuresuperx has a brilliant futuresuperx has a brilliant futuresuperx has a brilliant futuresuperx has a brilliant futuresuperx has a brilliant futuresuperx has a brilliant future
This thread has a great wealth of knowledge,

most of it seems to disappear over my head, my brain is similar to a sponge
its fine for absorbing and retaining certain information.

I do enjoy popping in though, anyway sorry for the side track and thanks for keeping it real everybody...

Old 03-19-2017, 09:16 PM #1678
jidoka

jidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by calisun View Post
slow, jodoka, cat, leadsled,led hazy,orech or anyone else. Would you mind discussing your thoughts and course of action you would take with my soil and water. All posted on this thread page 173 #1722
Thanks
If you want my opinion go to another thread. This is SNs and my advise is not in tune with his thread. AEA thread

Old 03-19-2017, 10:26 PM #1679
brown_thumb

brown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud of
AEA?

Old 03-19-2017, 10:54 PM #1680
calisun

calisun will become famous soon enoughcalisun will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by slownickel View Post
Is this a soil or a mix?

What has been added here?

Please explain what we are looking at?
This is a soil mix made of approximately
25% humus compost
25% pumice, rice hull, perlite
25% peat moss
5% coco fiber
5% worm castings
15% top soil a silty loam
This is the 4th year in this soil.

First year had 5' x 30' x 2' deep trenches. Had a lot of gophers bothering my plants. Must of killed 20 the first year on 1 acre.
So I built 4'x 8" redwood boxes with 4x4 as corner posts that were two feet long so they exteded 1' below the box and wrapped them with hardware cloth and droped them in the trench and filled them most the way up with soil. so each box is a little under 2 yards of soil. but the roots can go out further.
I use some age holy mic and mac last year and I top dressed as needed with organic ferts, such as seabird guano pellets 12-12-1 I think. I addend gypsum a couple times last year. I made act a few times with alfalfa, worm castings some sst corn and barley and a little molasses Oh and used some K2SO4. I'll ad to this if I think of anything else.
Thanks slow
Jidoka I'll post my tests in aea in a couple hrs.

Thread Closed