Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2017, 05:28 PM #1671
jidoka

jidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to all
I will tell you what. Getting enough Ca into salt fed coco plants is a motherfucker. Step one you better wash some gypsum through there to drive k and Na off the cec sites. And supplying all of your N with CaNO3 don't get it done either...you end up with high NO3 problems before you satisfy Ca.

Actually trying a very fine grind of gypsum dihydrate in the fertigation now. We will see how that goes. Plus foliars of course.

And dropping k and mg to levels I would have never believed so as not to block Ca uptake

but on the path concentrate yield has doubled and thc production is up 30-40%

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:11 PM #1672
caterpillar710
Banned

caterpillar710 is just really nicecaterpillar710 is just really nicecaterpillar710 is just really nicecaterpillar710 is just really nicecaterpillar710 is just really nicecaterpillar710 is just really nicecaterpillar710 is just really nicecaterpillar710 is just really nicecaterpillar710 is just really nicecaterpillar710 is just really nicecaterpillar710 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyBulldog View Post
Been messing around with seed starts. You can mix Black gold 75 black gold/25 with gypsum and plants grow just fine. No joke. Look into Ca excess, bet you can't find it.
By weight or volume

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:47 PM #1673
led05

led05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidoka View Post
I will tell you what. Getting enough Ca into salt fed coco plants is a motherfucker. Step one you better wash some gypsum through there to drive k and Na off the cec sites. And supplying all of your N with CaNO3 don't get it done either...you end up with high NO3 problems before you satisfy Ca.

Actually trying a very fine grind of gypsum dihydrate in the fertigation now. We will see how that goes. Plus foliars of course.

And dropping k and mg to levels I would have never believed so as not to block Ca uptake

Mg & K are overrated/used, think I mentioned that a while back when someone asked my base ratios and my Mg & K were super low vs Ca (Ca ratio > 10:1, K at 2 or 3% max, ), there's a reason, I favor other things as well vs those

Last edited by led05; 03-20-2017 at 09:48 PM..

Old 03-20-2017, 06:52 PM #1674
led05

led05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyBulldog View Post
Been messing around with seed starts. You can mix Black gold 75 black gold/25 with gypsum and plants grow just fine. No joke. Look into Ca excess, bet you can't find it.
I think it goes without saying that what you start your seeds in is the critical step to everything (kind of like genetics, you start at say 100 and can only fk it up from there)...

It's amazing how hot you can actually start seeds at across the board, I kill a lot of plants testing silly things but hot soil to begin with and seeds is one that blows my mind how far you can push it..... Then again it kind of makes sense in a ass backwards way, but grounded in reality and view able facts...

Your seedlings are much more cold, rain, even snow hardy etc than your plants will ever be at the end of the year, this is for nearly all plants that are annuals, why would it be any different down below...?

Old 03-20-2017, 07:51 PM #1675
Avenger

Avenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really nice
Quote:

IME, this is when paying close attention to the ideas behind VPD come in handy. maybe more so than manipulating ionic ratios in the soup.

temp, relative humidity, ppfd uniformity, moisture status of the media in between irrigation events ect.

Anything that could slow or limit transpiration or the flow of water into and through the plant.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:02 PM #1676
jidoka

jidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to all
We actually dialed in vpd a while back...couple of rooms still an issue but most are good. Definitely a big part of the difference. We even control water temp for fert.

You would not believe the data I have to work with now. Gotta get you there one day.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:03 PM #1677
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

You are going the right way, but at the same time dropping K is not a good idea.

You need the high K at the right moments. In veg at leaf maturation for flowering and later again at mid to end flowering... YOU MUST HAVE SPACE TO PUT ON THE K.

And obviously, you don't go overboard.

Realize that plants can't pick up K correctly if there is a Mn issue...
I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN
TO THIS WORLD

-Harry Forster Chapins' Tombstone

Old 03-20-2017, 08:34 PM #1678
jidoka

We monitor K weekly with sap meters. They are slightly higher in bottom leaves than top so I have room. If that changes in flower (it is not so far) I will use foliar K to stay up with it.

In the salt soln itself K is just slightly below Ca. I still have room.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:13 PM #1679
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
We monitor K weekly with sap meters. They are slightly higher in bottom leaves than top so I have room. If that changes in flower (it is not so far) I will use foliar K to stay up with it.

In the salt soln itself K is just slightly below Ca. I still have room.
Sounds like a P problem.
I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN
TO THIS WORLD

-Harry Forster Chapins' Tombstone

Old 03-20-2017, 10:58 PM #1680
jidoka

I don't disagree with that statement

Thread Closed