What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

[First strain to grow?] A.C.E Seeds

Bangr

Which ace strain would you recommend, most forgiving, for a new grower?

I have bought a 4x4 with a 315w cmh. (Will add led with time/exp as needed.)
Using coco as medium.
Just need the seeds. :)

Im thinking a fem indica like bubba hash or bubba pck.
I have the idea sativas a bit harder to grow.
Any ideas?

SolarLogos

Using coco as medium.

Any ideas?
Tell us what kind of high you like, maybe we can head you in the right direction. With all the work and care Dubi and the Ace team have put into their lines, most of Ace's gear is really plug and play (IMHO). That doesn't mean that they don't have difficult strains to grow like OTH, but focus on the effects you would like from the cannabis and I'm sure there will be plenty of easy-growing strains that will fit the bill. The best thing you can do is have a good pH meter and an EC/ppm meter. That alone will alleviate most problems you will encounter (except bugs or disease). Feel free to post pics and you will get all the friendly and helpful advise you might ask for.
Best of luck friend. BTW, welcome to the forums
Peace, God bless

If I ONLY have indica, I become a lazy fuck.

When I grew L.A. Confidential, I got off work before my GF... Smoked. Turned on top gear and made a bowl of captain crunch.
My girlfriend started licking my neck and rubbing my crotch. I was more concerned with relaxing....

Indica is easy to grow, but I avoid having too much kush. It just turns me into a potato. I don't wanna play video games or throw a frisbee. Nothin.
I ended up trading my kush for anyone else's weed.

RED 1

Using coco as medium.

Any ideas?

Why coco?

Legalcdn

First grow..do soil..get the feet wet..then progress..you learn lots. The 315w cmh is a good light.

If you do coco.. google coco for cannabis. Good site.

Good luck. Sativas are not harder.

SolarLogos

Why coco?
IMHO, coco is easier for a beginner. It's difficult to over-water. If there is a deficiency, just flush with pH'ed water until the run-off nearly matches what goes in, then feed with 1/2 strength nutrients, also at proper pH. This will fix deficiencies at least 90% of the time, if not every time in my experience. Coco also has a neutral pH, so unless you change the pH by adding things to it, most don't need any pH adjustments. Looking back on all my rookie mistakes, I highly recommend beginners not jump in and start mixing soil, start out in coco and each grow, try adding something new if you want, but then you need to start pH'ing the medium. Buy a reputable brand of coco, one that has mycos, guano, etc. mixed and pH'ed for cannabis and it's hard to go wrong if you have basic knowledge. Just my 2 cents. Good question BTW. Also the pH for coco is lower than soil, bear that in mind.
Peace, God bless

RED 1

IMHO, coco is easier for a beginner. It's difficult to over-water. If there is a deficiency, just flush with pH'ed water until the run-off nearly matches what goes in, then feed with 1/2 strength nutrients, also at proper pH. This will fix deficiencies at least 90% of the time, if not every time in my experience. Coco also has a neutral pH, so unless you change the pH by adding things to it, most don't need any pH adjustments. Looking back on all my rookie mistakes, I highly recommend beginners not jump in and start mixing soil, start out in coco and each grow, try adding something new if you want, but then you need to start pH'ing the medium. Buy a reputable brand of coco, one that has mycos, guano, etc. mixed and pH'ed for cannabis and it's hard to go wrong if you have basic knowledge. Just my 2 cents. Good question BTW. Also the pH for coco is lower than soil, bear that in mind.
Peace, God bless
Thank you my friend
:)

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
consider to add perlite,
it helps with drainaige and aeration in the medium (10-50% with coco)

Bangr

One strain, or more?

One strain, or more?

Thanks for all your replies. I appreciate it.
:shucks:

A.C.E. has a great community. The quality workmanship involved in this brand really shines through. An exceptional and dedicated group of breeders, plus the help of all you wonderful people, I have no doubt im in the right direction.

Ive been reading most of the strain threads past few days to get a feel for what i would be happier with as my first grow. I came down to the conclusion: i want them all. Obviously...that is not feasible at the moment.

So how about one to two seeds of each listed below under a 315w cmh (considering similar plant structure/height and flowering time):

Bubba hash
Violeta
Cbd #1
Nepal jam x kali china

That would be 4 to 8 plants in a 4x4. I may even add a second 315w during flowering if i gain some confidence during veg and if heat is not an issue. No plant training. Just coco perlite, water, nutrients, light, and rest. And some praying if that counts.

Or should i just stick with one strain (most likely Bubba x Nepal), 1- 2 plants, and everything else the same. Take notes. Read and learn and next cycle two strains and double the plants, same lights and space? And so forth increasing yield every cycle.

Options. Excitement. Perfectionism. Analysis paralysis. Who doesn't suffer from this? Something so simple and yet so complicated.
:snap out of it:

Which option?
Regardless, I promise to take photos and log my journey here.

Thanks again.

Bangr

Red October

Maybe consider the Lebanese variety before the CBD, not talking from experience but I've had other members recommend the Lebanese variety and it has a high amount of CBD

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Bangr :)

Thanks for your kind words and for your interest in our work, much appreciated!

SolarLogos is right, first you need to think what kind of effects you would like to get from your harvest, but since you are choosing a few ones, looks like you already have in mind some suitable strains for your taste, based on others grow reports and on the strain descriptions, which most growers find quite accurate.

I would choose first fast flowering and easy to grow feminized strains that easily perform indoors. Your list is very appropriate:

Bubba Hash -> Our most solid Afghani strain, producing always high yielding indicas with very dense, potent and resinous flowers of excellent relaxing medical effects.

Violeta -> For a colorful, tasty and beautiful indica with a sativa touch.

CBD #1 -> Our best choice for an indoor rich CBD strain.

Kali China -> I would suggest first straight Kali China over the Nepal Jam cross because straight Kali China has a very distinctive and exotic hashy/incensey terpene profile and a lovely effect with great sativa qualities that make the difference over other indica dom strains.

These 4 strains are very suitable for new growers and have similar flowering times of 8-9 weeks :yes:

Latest posts

Latest posts