What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto ACE at the Duckpond

Big M

Thanks MallardDuck. I have some positive vibes for you today. Sorry for harshing the vibe here with bad news yesterday. Both of my plants look to have two or three ounces of some nice solid buds unaffected. They are smelling nice too, with the Auto Malawi leaning more earthy and herbal, and the Auto Zamaldelica seems to be more floral and slightly fruity. Both look like they are going to be easy trimming, even with a good bit of reflowerings poking out everywhere. I'm actually looking forward to trimming for once!

I cut one of the smallest, lowest buds from the Zam on Monday night. After trimming it, I had a small bowl of trim that put my head in a nice spot. Then I chopped some up with scissors and shared a bowl with the girlfriend. It has a calm, warm high that brings a bit of visual enhancement with it. Hard to tell flavor since it isn't even all the way dry yet, but I can tell it's gonna be nice. After a quick trim, the little bud just glistened with resin and looked great.

Looks like vitamin c is important to plant health, too. I found a paper about vitamin c in plant health and disease. It's an antioxidant for plants, and is involved in the synthesis of other antioxidants like vitamin e and zeaxanthin and other things like gibberellic acid and anthocyanins. It helps to regulate stress, cell cycle, cell division, and even flowering time in various plants. Pretty interesting.

Seems like it would be worth giving a shot just for lowering ph, and a super easy way to deal with chlorine and chloramine.

MallardDuck

Big M

Yeah I had read a few articles on plant health and vitamin C, but I mainly use it for the purposes of lowering PH and removing chloromine. Anything else it does is just a bonus in my book! But I wonder if it wouldnt hurt to add a little to my rain barrel as well.

Glad to hear you managed to get a decent amount of good buds out of your harvest! I guess the drying and curing is the hardest part of the waiting!

MallardDuck

Hi there quick update with a few pictures.

The stems are starting to give off some really nice smells. Mostly pungent citrus mango smells. The small one that is younger than the rest is the smelliest of the bunch funnily enough... it has a earthy resin smell.

I think some of the plants are showing some sativa characteristics which has me excited.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Big M

Those are looking really good MallardDuck! They are about at the point where they really start growing fast. These two autos from Ace just keep getting stronger smelling the whole grow. Thanks for always showing us the other beautiful flowers from your garden too. What kind is that last purple one?

MallardDuck

Big M

Those are called Lupins. They are a perennial and always give me great pleasure when they flower. They have unique flowers that almost look carnivorous to me. Bees have to fly into this little flower pouch to get at the nectar and pollen. Its quite cute.

MallardDuck

Just a quick pic of the pooch and the ladies hanging out. I will try to throw up some better pics of the plants in the next few days. I am pretty sure they are starting to initiate flower which is exciting but I am not completely sure.

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi MallardDuck,

They should reach a good size with the new 'black shoes' :) Lovely garden!

gorilla ganja

Glad I found this thread. We must be neighbors MallardDuck, I'm also around 55N Alberta.

I wish I would have went with some fabric pots, with all this rain we have been getting lately some of mine have been waterlogged in plastic pots.

Looking forward to watching the rest of the show.

Best of luck and may all your Buds be Huge.

Peace GG

MallardDuck

Thanks Dubi! It has been very exciting growing cannabis for the first time. I really enjoy how fast it can grow! Sometimes it feels like I can almost see them growing on a nice hot day.

Gorilla Ganja I hope your plants made it through the storm here a couple nights ago. I had decent sized hail here. I was able to run out to rescue my plants and they only ended up taking minor damage.

My three older plants have definitely started flowering now. I wasn't quite sure but the signs are there to see now. They are all between 60-70 cm right now.

picture.php

picture.php

#1 has has leaves that are in between #3 and #2 but seems to have a more open structure than #3. Stem is giving off smells of citrus and an underlying musky scent.

picture.php

picture.php

#2 has the thinnest leaves of the bunch. Also the thinnest and most pliable stems. Stems smells of freshly cut pitted fruits (Peaches, Nectarines ect) and no hint of typical cannabis smells. Delicious.

MallardDuck

picture.php

picture.php

#3 has the broadest leaves and thick big girl stems. This one is giving off spicy/woody scents sort of mixed with the smell of a fresh tomato plant.

picture.php

#4 The young one. It is by far already the smelliest. Really musky
citrus resin smells off this one. A lot like #1 but way stronger. This is the only one I know is an Auto Zam. The others I mixed up during germination.

Should I be removing large fan leaves? I seem to remember reading that was a good practice somewhere.

And as always a few other shots from my garden.

picture.php

picture.php

gorilla ganja

They are really taking off now. You must be getting the same blast of Sun as me for the last couple of days.
I would leave the fan leaves on the Autos.

PurpleOrangeD.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Should I be removing large fan leaves?" Don´t pick any leafs now they need them for photosynthesis, it would not make sense!
[/FONT]

MallardDuck

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Things keep chugging along despite the high winds here.

Gave them some molasses with their last water. I think they liked it.

The honeysuckles are in bloom! :peacock:

silverhaze21

Beautiful plants all around ??

I definitely see the similarities and differences between your phenos and the version I'm growing from Nightowl

MallardDuck

Hi again.

I spent the weekend at my cabin redoing the deck this weekend. The quiet out there always helps me think. The absolutely huge amount of rain we have got this season has made for some very interesting fungi popping up.

picture.php

picture.php

An interesting fruiting body of a fungi growing in leaf detritus on the ground. I dont think I have seen these before. Also there were lots of wild lilies in bloom. Life is good.

The ladies seemed to have done well while I was gone. 3 in particular is getting pretty big... well over a meter now. 4, the late planted one has already started flowering.... she actually seems ahead of 3. Quite small though... barely 50 cm. 1 and 2 are very similar in structure and height as you can see. Lots of interesting scents coming off them now ranging from woody lemon musty smells from 1 and 2, sweet stone fruits from 3, and 4 (Confirmed Auto Zam) smells like sweet rotting mango or something. 4 is by far the smelliest. They are starting to get some twinklies in the sun now which is exciting.

picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful dog, that dog breed really has a noble character.
Glad to see the autos already flowering. Thanks for the updates!
Have a great weeend! :)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
MallardDuck, your plants look great. Very nice job of growing them out. If your plants grow the leaves it's because they needed the food. When you defoliate you increase the alkalinity of your plants. Needing to reduce feeding accordingly. Which slows down plant growth. These genetics have great nodal spacing for light penetration. Let them do their thing.
Peace brother

Latest posts

Latest posts