What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Would you want ACE Seeds to carry Romulan?

YukonKronic

That is really cool that you found that, never heard most of that stuff.. all I had heard was this connection and either Canadian or US Korean war veterans bringing home seeds. Such an awesome read brother, thanks for finding that. :)

I thought it was cool especially because it literally was a 30 second google search for Korean cannabis history.
Would I be correct to say that we’re building a general consensus that it is probably Korean/Chinese rather than Korean Thai? I still feel like some genetic testing in conjunction with opinions well versed in East Asian cannabis traits will be more solid than some historical breadcrumbs linked by a potheads logic:big-grin with that said I do think it’s a more likely explanation than Thai genetics coming out of Korea.
Maybe there’s someone out there with more direct knowledge of marijuana’s genetic history in that area (cough cough Thereverend cough)
Anyways I’m glad I could contribute a little t bit:tiphat:

RomulanJake

I thought it was cool especially because it literally was a 30 second google search for Korean cannabis history.
Would I be correct to say that we’re building a general consensus that it is probably Korean/Chinese rather than Korean Thai? I still feel like some genetic testing in conjunction with opinions well versed in East Asian cannabis traits will be more solid than some historical breadcrumbs linked by a potheads logic:big-grin with that said I do think it’s a more likely explanation than Thai genetics coming out of Korea.
Maybe there’s someone out there with more direct knowledge of marijuana’s genetic history in that area (cough cough Thereverend cough)
Anyways I’m glad I could contribute a little t bit:tiphat:

All I can say is the story goes they brought it home from Korea. So it could be anything in the general area, yet was called Korean Thai because it came from Korea and was Thai.

I've never really put too much thought into it, because the story is coming from old timers that I honestly would trust with my life. Good old boys, that always seemed to be a step ahead of their time. ;)

YukonKronic

That is really cool that you found that, never heard most of that stuff.. all I had heard was this connection and either Canadian or US Korean war veterans bringing home seeds. Such an awesome read brother, thanks for finding that. :)

I was probably wrong and your source was probably right about the Korean Thai thing:tiphat:
Thailand was one of first Nations to join UN call to arms in Korean War.
https://m.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20100622000561#cb
Lol another 30 seconds on Google.. should have checked before I invented my own “more probable” story!
What a maroon. :moon:

SolarLogos

Don’t know about fact checking but this seems legit enough on the surface...
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.the...their-captivity-stoned-out-of-their-gourd/amp

Maybe it’s Chinese as you say but they called it Thai so people had a clue what to expect. Thai was probably some of the only weed from that area in the world that anyone had tried much.
I can see a POW bringing seed back and saying it’s Korean but it’s just like Thai weed..
That's a great story, good find my friend. Must not have caused paranoia, otherwise you'd think the number of POW's using it daily would be lower.
Thanks for posting that.
Peace, God bless

YukonKronic

That's a great story, good find my friend. Must not have caused paranoia, otherwise you'd think the number of POW's using it daily would be lower.
Thanks for posting that.
Peace, God bless

Lol I think they said some guys got high as fuck and freaked out and they just told the Chinese “oh.... it’s shell shock... yea man. Toootally”

I might be paraphrasing a bit...

PurpleBuz

I thought I'd ask some people what they thought of ACE possibly carrying Romulan?

What we have is made from old seed stock, and has some slight variety in the phenos but almost all are really strong pine scents/taste. A few run purple, and some rare ones are quite unique. I felt like asking around as ACE seems to mainly carry old landrace strains and the like.. and I think Luis' interest in our Romulan is in that it is a poly-hybrid of 4 landrace strains.

What do you all think.. Is it appropriate? :chin:

how about some show and tell ? let us see the phenos pics tests whatever you can share with us. Sounds like great to list with ACE

YukonKronic

I read the thread all I see is a few bud shots albeit nice shots :tiphat:

what does the plant look like ?

:peacock:

so no it hasn't been covered

Ahhh I see. I bet if you go to his website it is. I never checked though... hopefully he posts up some of what your after.
For my own purposes I’m assuming it will be a pretty classic American sativa shape but maybe a little more compact and tighter internodes and bud formation from Afghani influence..
lol now I feel like I should check his website and see..

need4weed

Veteran
You need to speak to people like mustafunk. They have sent deadlines to ACE, only for ACE to capitalize on it. If they approached you then they are interested in your line from commercial perspective. If you want to be a breeder/seed distributor then I would say do the hard yards yourself and reap what you sow

RomulanJake

You need to speak to people like mustafunk. They have sent deadlines to ACE, only for ACE to capitalize on it. If they approached you then they are interested in your line from commercial perspective. If you want to be a breeder/seed distributor then I would say do the hard yards yourself and reap what you sow

Im not really sure what that means. But I am doing the hard yards myself.. truly. ;)

RomulanJake

how about some show and tell ? let us see the phenos pics tests whatever you can share with us. Sounds like great to list with ACE

Ill post up a ton for you.. here is a start. :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

RomulanJake

Ahhh I see. I bet if you go to his website it is. I never checked though... hopefully he posts up some of what your after.
For my own purposes I’m assuming it will be a pretty classic American sativa shape but maybe a little more compact and tighter internodes and bud formation from Afghani influence..
lol now I feel like I should check his website and see..

Exactly.. we have photos all over our site. :D

Also, here are some more:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

RomulanJake

Wow, beautiful snow covered mountains! Nice way to catch our attention, great job! I certainly don't need any convincing. MUCH respect for you and your work my friend and thanks for all your hard preservation work and dedication to this line.

Peace, God bless

God Bless to you too my Brother! <3 And thank you, truly.

Here are some more photos.. Ill stop with these, unless people want to see more at some point.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php