What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Would you want ACE Seeds to carry Romulan?

CaptainDankness

Depends how good it is, is it really any better than Next Generation seeds version? Is it going to be cheaper? Definitely a lot of options out there, you probably will get more sales through ACE regardless though.

I am definitely interested in Romulan, but I was more thinking about emailing Next Generation seeds to see if they would be back in stock soon. Of course, now it might come down to who's is better and price. I heard Federation Seeds is back too, definitely going to be a hard choice on who to buy Romulan from.

RomulanJake

Is there any cataloging of the grows of this new stock?

I'd love to see plant pics and dry shots.

Here are some photos.. its taking a while to upload them, so Ill add them in as they become available..

picture.php

picture.php

CaptainDankness

Negative. That was a cross and not pure Romulan.. we have original, pure Romulan, that is not crossed with a different strain. Federation and NGS have a Romulan they crossed with a White Russian male, and then backcrossed it to the female Romulan clone, over years and years.

Our own website ships worldwide. You can find us on instagram, or the internet. @RomulanGenetics ;)
I thought Romulan was a clone only? If so, how else did you make regular seeds but to cross it to a different strain? But, $150 for 10 regular seeds is a bit too expensive for me.

RomulanJake

Depends how good it is, is it really any better than Next Generation seeds version? Is it going to be cheaper? Definitely a lot of options out there, you probably will get more sales through ACE regardless though.

I am definitely interested in Romulan, but I was more thinking about emailing Next Generation seeds to see if they would be back in stock soon. Of course, now it might come down to who's is better and price. I heard Federation Seeds is back too, definitely going to be a hard choice on who to buy Romulan from.

If that is what you're used to, then I would order from them only. All I try to let people know is, that it is not Romulan that they sell, but for many people that version is all they have had.. so its all they know. :)

People that have grown our Romulan come back to explain how its one of the only strains they can smoke that actually makes them feel high. If you're a long time smoker like me, then you may be at that place where most strains are just like breathing air.. maybe OG Kush still does it for you, or a strong White strain, but not the others. I've literally had people who only smoke dabs, come back and tell me smoking the flower was just like a dab.. and they loved it. But that is just my two cents, and I appreciate your input deeply brother.

RomulanJake

I thought Romulan was a clone only? If so, how else did you make regular seeds but to cross it to a different strain? But, $150 for 10 regular seeds is a bit too expensive for me.

There is an about section on our site.. read it, it explains the whole lot.

Also all of our packs come with 10+, and are always in the 15-20 range.. so it makes it about $10 per seed, which is pretty typical for something that is not just a F1 pollen chuck. Its also why we sell half-packs for $75.

;)

YukonKronic

So, Luis from ACE seeds has contacted me about carrying the regular seeds of our Romulan that we have. It seems like a done deal, but Luis has to get some things worked out on his end with their site before he makes an order. Since I just found out they have a whole forum set up for them here, I thought I'd ask some people what they thought of ACE possibly carrying Romulan?

What we have is made from old seed stock, and has some slight variety in the phenos but almost all are really strong pine scents/taste. A few run purple, and some rare ones are quite unique. I felt like asking around as ACE seems to mainly carry old landrace strains and the like.. and I think Luis' interest in our Romulan is in that it is a poly-hybrid of 4 landrace strains.

What do you all think.. Is it appropriate? :chin:

Ummmmm HELL YEA!! I tried mid 90s Rom (very) likely sourced from B.C. and it was sweet intense pine with a candy kind of grapefruit note on finish.
Was a Benchmark high. In retrospect one of my first experiences with a Sativa dominant high, very stimulating soaring and trippy... and it would give us “the grins” every time.:biggrin:
I have looked for a good source of pure Romulan since I started growing but it's usually sold out if you find it.
I would also be especially interested in seeing ACE select from those rare and special phenotypes to either do some Ltd edition crosses or perhaps continue the Romulan line further in its own evolution.

Happy Times

Korean Thai x Mexican x Colombian x Afghani (then backed to the Colombian again)

Yes, I have tons of photos.. give me a minute or 2 and Ill post some (so far Ive posted pics of the clone momma plant, but I have tons from our test runs of the seeds)

Yes we are already selling in the US, we have a website and are on IG. @RomulanGenetics

The market I aim for with ACE is the Euro market that cannot get our seeds easily shipped to.. :)

Nice to know those original 4 parents!

That Mexican/Colombian/Afghan part sounds reminiscent of Skunk #1

Raho

Veteran
@romulanjake
are you guys the source of the Romulan cut used by Coastal Seeds in their UFO line?
I believe I heard Bob Hemphill mention you in his interview on The Potcast.
Thanks

YukonKronic

Nice to know those original 4 parents!

That Mexican/Colombian/Afghan part sounds reminiscent of Skunk #1

Isn’t it probably five landraces though considering that Korea and Thailand are pretty far apart? Lol I can never resist delving deeper into origins if it’s opportune... any more info on any of the parents involved would be kewl for all of us info junkies...

Happy Times

Isn’t it probably five landraces though considering that Korea and Thailand are pretty far apart? Lol I can never resist delving deeper into origins if it’s opportune... any more info on any of the parents involved would be kewl for all of us info junkies...

Me too

Lineage junkies unite!!! Weed geeks woot

RomulanJake

Ummmmm HELL YEA!! I tried mid 90s Rom (very) likely sourced from B.C. and it was sweet intense pine with a candy kind of grapefruit note on finish.
Was a Benchmark high. In retrospect one of my first experiences with a Sativa dominant high, very stimulating soaring and trippy... and it would give us “the grins” every time.:biggrin:
I have looked for a good source of pure Romulan since I started growing but it's usually sold out if you find it.
I would also be especially interested in seeing ACE select from those rare and special phenotypes to either do some Ltd edition crosses or perhaps continue the Romulan line further in its own evolution.

Yes, she certainly has that sativa dom high to her.. and Im not sure what Luis would make with her, but you know it would be interesting for sure!

@romulanjake
are you guys the source of the Romulan cut used by Coastal Seeds in their UFO line?
I believe I heard Bob Hemphill mention you in his interview on The Potcast.
Thanks

Bob Hemphill sounds really familiar..? But Im not sure, I have given cuts to literally at least a hundred people over the past 4-5 years.

I know it was only 4, but the Korean Thai was called that because back then they had no idea, and they got it from Korea. Probably a chinese lineage Thai in my opinion. Has some similar characteristics of some of the Chinese heritage lines. But it really was a guess on their part back then, from what I was told this was in the 1950's when they first started the whole thing.

YukonKronic

Yes, she certainly has that sativa dom high to her.. and Im not sure what Luis would make with her, but you know it would be interesting for sure!

Bob Hemphill sounds really familiar..? But Im not sure, I have given cuts to literally at least a hundred people over the past 4-5 years.

I know it was only 4, but the Korean Thai was called that because back then they had no idea, and they got it from Korea. Probably a chinese lineage Thai in my opinion. Has some similar characteristics of some of the Chinese heritage lines. But it really was a guess on their part back then, from what I was told this was in the 1950's when they first started the whole thing.

Hmm. I wonder if it was Thai imported to Korea for GIs during the war?
Seems drug supply chains spring up everywhere American military does so that’s a possibility I guess.. or perhaps it was a Korean product treated as the Thai did... tied to a stick. That could easily lead to it being called a Korean Thai stick.
I suppose another possibility is the seed came from Thailand were grown in Korea and then that seed brought back and used..
Would be very interesting to hear opinions from ACE once they dig in and look at recessive phenotypes to compare with their own experience with land race Asian varieties.
Lol now I wanna look into Korean cannabis history and see what can be found for bread crumbs

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Don’t know about fact checking but this seems legit enough on the surface...
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.the...their-captivity-stoned-out-of-their-gourd/amp

Maybe it’s Chinese as you say but they called it Thai so people had a clue what to expect. Thai was probably some of the only weed from that area in the world that anyone had tried much.
I can see a POW bringing seed back and saying it’s Korean but it’s just like Thai weed..

Wow, that was a super fascinating read. Thanks for sharing!

'Boogieman'

Being a nobody from Indiana who grows outdoors, no access to any cut here in America, how good is the seed version of your Romulan?

RomulanJake

Don’t know about fact checking but this seems legit enough on the surface...
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.the...their-captivity-stoned-out-of-their-gourd/amp

Maybe it’s Chinese as you say but they called it Thai so people had a clue what to expect. Thai was probably some of the only weed from that area in the world that anyone had tried much.
I can see a POW bringing seed back and saying it’s Korean but it’s just like Thai weed..

That is really cool that you found that, never heard most of that stuff.. all I had heard was this connection and either Canadian or US Korean war veterans bringing home seeds. Such an awesome read brother, thanks for finding that. :)

RomulanJake

Being a nobody from Indiana who grows outdoors, no access to any cut here in America, how good is the seed version of your Romulan?

I'd say its great, even on a bad day.. but the clone only cut, that I am doing a reversal on currently, has my heart hands down. That will be what I can recommend to anyone, without any doubts that they will find it to be one of the best plants they've ever grown and smoked.

The seed Romulan can have some really cool expressions, and some are just gorgeous to watch grow up. All of it is great smoke and on occasion you can find plants just like my clone cut, and some that are like it have an insanely strong pine taste/smell.

Latest posts

Latest posts