What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

House of the great gardener - anyone with experience?

Hey all

I just ordered house of the great Gardener - haoma strain as well as their Barbara bud. Curious if anyone here has any experience or reviews on them? I haven't been able to find too much in regards to reviews or grow reports on anything. Thanks guys!

mack 10

Veteran
Not yet so make sure you post up some pics and thoughts when you
Have grown some.

RulaTone

Veteran
i have done Rene and some hermied, but all in all they were really similar plants almost clones, a bit lanky and slow vegger, not a big yelder for sure, but aroma and resin are very good, i bet she can be real good for rosin!

Next i have done Jean guy and its a nice plant, really similar plants this time too and strong aromas, white widow -ish in my view...still need to end the run and taste em!

His GG1 is a great afghani to have in your stable. I've also sampled his warlock and Rene. I personally like Rene the most with her unique licorice taste. I'm hoping to get my hands on some Barb seeds soon

Hey all

I just ordered house of the great Gardener - haoma strain as well as their Barbara bud. Curious if anyone here has any experience or reviews on them? I haven't been able to find too much in regards to reviews or grow reports on anything. Thanks guys!

Barbara has been steadily placing at the Spanish cups, she's supposed to be an awesome strain. Definitely quite a bit of hype behind her

they are on youtube look for vids of them with DNA genetics and bubbleman of bubblebags. I know John Berfelo grows and tests Barbara bud in his home lab. hope this help I'm sure they will help you with any questions

TracerChris

Hey brainzfuxed, I was wondering the same thing a couple months ago. From what I could find out they're based out of Vancouver Island. My buddy gave me a few feminized GG1 (afghani) seeds and so far so good. They just went into flower last week. I also scooped some of their Barbara Bud seeds and popped them mid Jan. The BB has responded super well to topping so far. I'll post up some pics of both so you can see for yourself

TracerChris

So I finished out the Barbra bud and the GG1. 8/10 for the GG1 and 4/10 for the Bbud. The GG smells great whereas the Bb was completely odorless. Even when ground up, there was a noticeable lack of odor. When smoked in a joint, I would not have known it was weed if I hadn't grown it myself. Having said that, it did get me pretty stoned and it was super smooth. I grew out the GG1 and the BB together in a 4x4 tent. I grow following the rev's True living organics method. My soil was 1:1:1 worm castings:perlite:eek:rganic potting soil. 50 day veg. 5 gallon pots. 1x 300 watt MH and 1x 300 watt HPS. Smaller yields from both of these strains compared to a sweet-tooth 1.1 f2 that I was also growing in the tent at the time. This easily could have been from the fact that they seemed to be more on the picky side of things. So maybe in time when I have more experience I will try the Bb again.

TracerChris

Responded well to topping

Responded well to topping

Here's a pic of the BB early on in the veg
picture.php

rykus

I'm doing one of the haoma right now, hoping to get a Rene soon too. I love the Rene, she is one of my favourites!

nay420

I've done the jean guy, rene and a couple barbara bud. The rene smells amazing but i had foxtailing issues, the barbara buds have all been fast flowering and super resinous. I def recommend the barbara bud. I usually dont lean towards the indicas, but this is my favorite.

nay420

oh, and as to the smell on the barbara bud, one had little smell, but one had a very pleasant fruity smell that I imagine had to be from the shishkaberry lineage.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
These strains are developed for outdoor hash production in Morocco, you have heard of them because they preform better than Amnesia and OG Kush in 40 degree heat, to make Hash.

S

sourpuss

i smelled gg s dry sift of the barb at the karma cup. i asked for a small taste but was denyed lol. pretty sure it was his wife i was talkin too although she said later at the end they might bust it out of a session. bought a pack of his sweet skunk s1s.

i think his barb is the strain to get. gg s barb is fruity. only reason i didnt grab it was im so sick of fruit personally. strains tend to lean sweet and fruity these days. anyway fruity phenos will be the ones to keep in a pack of barb. cup winning strain so id bet its got great effects and flavours....

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
Barbara bud and Nicole Kush are winners in outdoor Moroccan production for making hash, lovely stuff it is, I have some sitting here beside me and spent last night in the club that has "the best barbara bud in Barcelona" ... But this is just outdoor Moroccan, you can get domestic Ice o lator that has far better taste, lovely smells of indoor elites, that is also stronger.

Point it, HoGG strains are winners, at outdoor hash production in high temperature areas, but of no great interest for anything else, unless you are looking for something that can handle over 35 degrees.

Diskokobaja

These strains are developed for outdoor hash production in Morocco, you have heard of them because they preform better than Amnesia and OG Kush in 40 degree heat, to make Hash.

Does it mean that i can try to grow it indoor?? >I have mad temps in my tent..33+c ???

And what particulary strain would you reccomend?

S

sourpuss

not sure your doing gg justice chaos. the man is a multiple cup winner with his strain barbara bud. definately a well respected part of canadian cannabis. i dont think he breeds for high temps and have trouble understandi g where you could come to that conclusion. as gg would say

gg bless

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
Does it mean that i can try to grow it indoor?? >I have mad temps in my tent..33+c ???

And what particulary strain would you reccomend?

Of course you can grow it indoors, and if you have high temps it should work well and is good to plan for, Amnesia, Exodus Cheese and a Black Domina cut have all been noted as working well at high temps.

Latest posts

Latest posts