What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ErdPurt

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dubi, Does the Ace version of Erdpurt carry any of those strong fruity (strawb?) terps? GHS use a fruity version to make some of their crosses. Their strains White Strawberry Skunk and Arjans Strawberry Haze both carry those terps. Very strong and delicious aromas that carry thru in the vape and fill the jar. They carried through to some crosses I made as well. Does yours have it... and/or does it turn up in your version? This season I have a few WSS crossed to your (reg) Panama. Be interesting to see if any of the terps carry through with those?

Hi @Mimpi Manis, I guess you're referring to the ErdBeer clone floating around Central Europe (legally available in Austria in clone form). The ErdPurt we're discussing here is an Erdbeer x Purpurea Ticinensis hybrid (as stated in the strain description). ErdPurt is a seed line we have worked at the population level for several generations. ErdPurt does not produce many individuals with strawberry terps. Purple Erdpurt phenos are more like blackberry, while green expressions are earthy-hashy.

For strawberry terps, look into the purple expressions of Pakistan Chitral Kush, or in feminized hybrids made by crossing Purple PCK 2002 (queen for strawberry terps), such as in Malawi x PCK, Violeta, and Panama x PCK.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
They look great @Vallen :) very healthy, well developed and quite uniform 7 plants.
It's quite common for some inviduals of this seed line to start to show preflowers profusely as soon as they reach sexual maturity, even under 18/6 photoperiod.

3 Erdpurts in organic soil, nearing the end of week 5:
PXL_20240316_011126980.jpg

Congrats on your upcoming ErdPurt harvest @weedsmoker420 ;) very early flowering plants as expected. I think they were a bit over fed. How are the smells of each female ? earthy, piney, hashy, berry ?
Thanks @dubi ! Yes, I'm pleasantly surprised by how fast they've matured, I hope to start harvesting within the next week or so.

I agree, the soil they're in is a bit too rich. I haven't added anything except water and still got burned/curled up leaf tips in the last few weeks.

I'm not very good at describing smells and my allergies have made it difficult lately, but I'd say they're more on the hashy/earthy side at the moment.

Harvested the first of the Erdpurts tonight, the one by itself on the right. Some pre-harvest pics:
PXL_20240410_012855139.jpg
PXL_20240410_013703379.jpg
PXL_20240410_013041472.jpg

This plant has the highest calyx-to-leaf ratio and by far the longest internode spacing of the three, but stands on its own just fine without any extra support. Some red/purple coloring on the upper buds, but otherwise it's all green. I'd describe the smell as mild and woody/earthy. Overall a handsome and sturdy plant, with a very fast flowering time (this one was harvested at 59 days of 12/12).

I harvested the two remaining Erdpurts. First one (I'll call it #2):
PXL_20240417_015049641.jpg

PXL_20240417_015227942.jpg
PXL_20240417_015145611.jpg

Small, compact growth, very nitrogen-sensitive. The buds are tiny but plenty frosty, and fully green from top to bottom. Smells more pine-y than the others.

Erdpurt #3:
PXL_20240417_020151801.jpg
PXL_20240417_020234721.jpg
PXL_20240417_020218732.jpg

Bushy with moderate internode spacing, buds are large and have some purple on the tops. This plant produced a fair number of male flowers towards the end, but I think it was too late to cause any pollination. Smell is similar to #1, earthy but with more of a spicy kick.

I'm pretty happy with how this strain turned out, although next time I grow it I will try to use a weaker soil mix. As promised, the flowering time was very fast. The buds were not as colorful as expected, possibly due to the relatively constant temps in my space of 21-24C, or maybe I just happened to get 3 green phenotypes...

Will follow up with a smoke report in a week or two, plant #1 is just finishing drying.

I've taken clones of all 3 and plan to keep the one with the best effects as a bonsai-style mom, following the oldtimer1 method. I'm hoping that frequent pruning and 20+ hours of light will prevent it from flowering even in a small container, but we'll see how it goes. If not, I still have a few more Erdpurt seeds I can grow out in the future.

zaprjaques

The Erdpurt does well in crosses. Here's one of the last buds of my Nepali x Erdpurt. It has not a high yield, but the buds are very dense and aromatic. Fruity like grapes and berries or something but also hashy. You don't smell a weed like that very often. Calming and not too strong effect.

View attachment 18989299
View attachment 18989300
my god that looks like a match made in heaven 😍.
may i ask what nepali did you use?

Latest posts

Latest posts