What's new

Organic nutes.

Mariapastor

This year iam doing things a lil different. Before I would use kellogs organic nutes and spray kelp for k. Iam growing trainwreck 2x2 hole. Kellogs amend along with fish emulation for n. iam also doing light feeding foliar and teas with roots organics. And testing the soils ph here and then. The roots product I'm using is called trinity. I am also using neem oil for insecticide. Iam trying to push my outdoor grow to the limit. Any comments are welcome.

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
to the limit? read the stickies, including the ones in the sticky library.

Mariapastor

Yea there's only so much u could feed your plants. Sometimes you have to puchthe envelope

Indoor outdoor? Anyways I recently made the switch to roots organics. Before I will use a base nutrient organic or course either kellogs or Dr earth. 4-4-4. And ad guano And mollasses for flowering. I recently started using sweet for carbs. And it works great. I foliar feed with kelp for k. But this season it changed since I discovered roots trinity. It's 3 products in one I could use it for flowering and veg. I use it with fish since its low on n great stuff was to work with people have the miss conception that the plant don't need much carbs in vegg and mOllases. I used to used these products separately now I ring it so much easier with this catalyst nutes. I foliar with it as well

Mariapastor

Yea I just found out a couple of days ago that the term in some so called organic compost called bio solid waste I believe is actually humanure. It's stirring some contrvercy over biological hazards and harm some pathogens in it could cause. One of these products, from the top of my head is Kellogg's amend. I just found this out it's actually composted sewer sludge. Your thoughts. ??

ICMaggotMe

Yea I just found out a couple of days ago that the term in some so called organic compost called bio solid waste I believe is actually humanure. It's stirring some contrvercy over biological hazards and harm some pathogens in it could cause. One of these products, from the top of my head is Kellogg's amend. I just found this out it's actually composted sewer sludge. Your thoughts. ??

What Jaykush said :laughing:

Mariapastor

I know all about true organic compost. That's why I was disgusted to find out that what I bought was humanure. I usually compost my own from horse manure. I pile it water it, then cover it with a black Plastic bag with holes. Why black?? Cuz it obsorves more heat. I'm né here and I got to tell u guys have some very knowlagable people here and I appreciate u guys when you point me to the right direction, my intention for posting this thread was to get some input about my feeding schedule. And opinions of this new product I'm using. Thanks anyways. Press 9 to exit. Press reply for real opinions. Lol. You guys have a good one growing your monsters. Viva la California. We're weed grows in the California Mohave high desert.

johnd

Mariapastor, I think you are having trouble finding information because you are looking for it in the wrong way.

If you want a simple and easy way to grow organic, use a nutrient line. The companies selling the stuff don’t lie. Follow the directions on the back and you should get a decent organic harvest with minimal knowledge. However, if you are looking to grow in a kind of way that “pushes the limit” you have to really look for information.

For example, the organic for beginners thread was started in early 2007 and it has almost 4,000 posts. The compost tea thread is from early 2009 and has 1,100 posts. It is impossible to condense that amount of information in a single post that will give you the key to pushing your grow to the limit. This is agriculture and there are many factors that have an influence on a plant’s growth. Understanding the plant is a arduous task but it has kind rewards.

A lot of the questions you have been asked and answered and part of doing research/reading is discovering those Q&As for yourself. For instance, if you want to know what growers use to feed the plant, read some grow diaries or read threads of related topics (see Jaykush’s links) and compare your recipe/schedule with ones that other growers have used. Like cooking, sometimes it is best to use a recipe the first few times so you can grasp some fundamentals, then change the recipe in order to see what happens.

Implement, experiment, and refine (and read, read, read). It takes time but time is what is needed to take in all the information in order to be a master grower. You can’t just look for cliff notes and hope to have a firm understanding of what is going on.

One other way to get input could be to start a grow diary. Show weekly progress and keep detailed notes. More detailed information than what you provided (look at what the infirmary requires) is always useful and it gives the growers around something to critique.

I wish you luck on your journey!

M

MrSterling

Jesus, bio wastes are from city systems and perfectly acceptable fertilizer. To call it humanure is a stretch, and to worry about it on pot plants is ridiculous. If you want to push your outdoor plants to the limit go read the big plants thread down in Tom Hill's forum.

M

MrSterling

Sorry for the overly passionate reply. Humanure can be done properly though, and commercial sewage waste has been used safely for decades. Plus I just do not see the concern for pathogens that one would have with leafy green vegetables when it comes to cannabis. Germs don't work that way.

Clayton_Bigsby

You seem to be on the right path. Are you using a mulch? if not, DO IT! research living mulch also, you might be interested. I've tried clover but my plants were to big when i planted it and the shade wouldn't let it establish well enough . My next run, im going to establish the clover first then plant. But for now my red mulch is working.

Im just about to finish my first run and i think im getting things perfected for the next batch. Im going to hit with a Compost, EWC, Trinity, and molasses tea (Taking advice from microbeman If you dont know who he is then look him up!) . When im not using tea ill hit with an assortment of Neptunes harvest (Advice from reading mad librettist, look him up) High P and High N Bat Guanos, Bone meal, and KELP. Not using all that at once! just depending on what the situation calls for. I also wanna try out Some seeds and organic products from sann-ies site when i get the chance.

Also look up Vstagger Leev, this thread inspires me and is full of knowledge! https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=210839 . He is the reason i even found out and just placed an order for Roots Organics Trinity!

There are plenty of other members with tons of info!

I see Jaykush has already graced you thread. Many others though Clackamass, Microbeman, CT Guy, Mad Librettist, Darc Mind just to name a few!!

The trinity seems to be the bomb

Latest posts

Latest posts