What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Wild Sativas and Sativas cultivated for for sinsemilla like Thai have hermi problems, old time Colombian and mexican of the highest quality did not have hermi problems like you talk about.
charlie garcia,
"Sam have you ever brougth those worked Hazes or Thais to be grown back in Thailand for instance or in any other highland area of a different country?"

I don't believe in taking improved western bred Cannabis to areas of traditional Cannabis cultivation, they may spread their genes around and I don't think it is good.
BTW, Also it was 10,000 males, not 10,000 plants.
-SamS

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
As far as I know Purple Haze was about Owsley acid sweet purple tabs, maybe. But for sure it is not Purple Haze pot.

A true story is that Moby Grape lead guitar Jerry Miller, after Moby Grape ended, started a band in Santa Cruz called the Original Haze it was named after his favorite pot.

-SamS

C

cway

Sam.. Good Mexican Sativas

Sam.. Good Mexican Sativas

Awesome Thread Guys...

Sam,

Quick Question,

I am from Mexico and now living in US. I am taking taking a trip back home to look for genetics..My family lives in Mexico city and I have been to Oaxaca but what are some other hot spots for high THC cannabis in Mexico..

Thanks Sam and much Respect..

BTW: I find it difficult to understand how people argue w/you on things they hear second hand.. it would upset me as well.. Dont let them drive you away from here because you are a wealth of knowledge..

Last edited:
G

British_Hempire said:
Yeah, I really doubt Hendrix was singing about pot. Jimi never really liked pot, folks forget he was a soldier and he retained his army discipline - he thought pot made him slow and spoilt his guitar playing. He used to drop acid and lock himself in his room for hours and play his guitar, he used the acid to explore his own creativity. If you went to a party and Jimi was there, he wasn't smashed out of his tree, he always had a guitar in his hands and 99% of the time was playing it.

From wikipedia:

Wikipedia is a terrible source, where anybody can go and post "facts" about anything they want.

To much discipline for marijuana, but LSD no problem?

Hendrix wasnt in the military for very long either.

Ive watched Hendrix smoke marijuana in the back seat of a car with some women, and I dont believe for a second marijuana will have ill effects on your ability to perform with an instrument. I should know, trust me.

K

kopite

I am from Mexico and now living in US. I am taking taking a trip back home to look for genetics..My family lives in Mexico city and I have been to Oaxaca but what are some other hot spots for high THC cannabis in Mexico..

I believe Acapulco, Oaxaca, Guerrero, and michoachan are good starting places

K

kopite

no probs..

on the hendrix thing

Purple Haze was in my eyes,
don't know if it's day or night,
you've got me blowing, blowing my mind
is it tomorrow or just the end of time?

sounds trippy to me and the lyrics bout touching the sky, when i've tripped I've often thought the sky was just hovering above my head and i could touch it...
also didn't Owlsley made a type of acid called monterey purple ? that Jimi was meant to of dropped before his set when he freaked to wild thing...

I don't think theres ever been a purple haze pot, not according to those I've spoke to anyhow... I also think the term Haze is now just used to describe trippy weed

D

Dalaihempy

Sam like i sed i respect you a lot and theres times i dont agree with you not becouse i know more than you as i dont but becouse my experence and hands on in short what i saw with my eyes dont match what your telling me that now being sats showing nanas after sexing i honestly never saw that with the sats i grew.

I have a thia plant in flower right now she was selected from yes a small lot but i only germed a few as i had room to fit them in i only wanted to sex them and keep true fems and true males from what i germerd only 1 was a fem the rest were hermies at sexing i took clones of the fem and put the clones into 18/6 to root and soon as they rooted 1 went into flower other stayed as a mum no hermies and i plan to flower her till maturity a sister plant from the same seed batch went to 20 plus weeks flower but had to cull she had more to go no sighn of hermi.

I am being honest when i say i have never ever seen a pure sativa strain once it was sexet hermie but when i first saw a female plants show male balls after they were sexet and in mid to late flower was on a uropen line sold in urope wich suprised me.

The only thing i can do is take pics of this thia threw flower close ups of the flowers till harvest to prove it but i had seen some sativas hermie and only show hermies also but they were culled few wanted seeded flowers.

Sam i know you and nevile worket togeather at one point and a lot of you did or x paths over in the dam at some point threw the years and i know some of you get on in real life some dont i feel that what ever i say is out of line here when it comes to any of your work done there.

All i know is nevile worket with haze seed from 69 i know it was collected in the us i was told the story as i asket as like most like to know the history behind things and as i find haze be it haze hybreeds special it very much intrests me.

Like you sed sam here Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman
But maybe he meant seeds from 1969? And not grown until the 80's? To be honest I do not know.
-SamS

Im sure theres things nevile did you dont know about and things you did nevile dont know about all im going to say is this sam on this topic i have no reson to dought the person i was told the story by i know nevile met some people in the us who he collected the seed from i know you have real haze also but i question other sources
of haze thats on the market seams a lot now days get hold of a half desent sativa and call it haze.

G

BTW I can't believe some folks are convinced Neville (who disappeared years ago) spoke the gospel truth about the origins of his Haze. It's not much of a stretch to come to the conclusion that when Neville met Sam in Holland in the 80s, Sam was already a legend and Neville a reformed junkie aiming to make a name for himself,

Neville isnt here to tell his side of the story, so why are you calling him a liar? What makes you think Neville wouldnt tell the truth? Serious, why would you say something like that? Because Sam has a different opinion? So thus Neville is a liar?

Thats some pretty shitty reasoning and philosophy to me.

Neville playing off of Sams reputation? Sam already a legend while Neville was a reformed junky? Thats a nice little spin, but the facts are Neville had the first seed bank that shipped acrossed the globe is responsible for many of the varietys today becoming famous.
Neville changed the story about the origins of some of his genes to enhance their appeal to the public. Remember, Neville also said he obtained G-13 from a woman in the US who worked at the University breeding programme and no-one has ever been able to unravell that little myth.

The DEA arrested Neville Schoenmakers in Australia in 1990 for sending a load of seeds from Holland to New Orleans, he's kinda been in hiding ever since so good luck tracking him down and getting him to tell the truth!

Again more disrespectful and ill informed crap from you. You cant prove Neville has lied about anything, but you're making these wild assertions about him and his character when the man isnt even here to defend himself.
So we know for sure that Neville obtained Haze genes from Sam in 86-87,

Another long winded, short sighted post that has no basis in fact. Support your assertions! Sam doesnt even know, so how could we know for sure?
Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman
But maybe he meant seeds from 1969? And not grown until the 80's? To be honest I do not know.
-SamS

Those words of yours show me more about your character then you can ever imagine British. You have no resepect for those who paved the road you walk on, and your sense of history is jagged at best.

Last edited:
D

Dalaihempy

British_Hempire no offence but you have never met nevile dont know a thing about him or what his done and yet you post that very sad.

I never met nevile but had friends that did and you know what every one that met this guy called nevile told me what a friendly helpfull guy he was very cool guy in short so not cool to rubbish a pioner like nevile if sam and nevile have history its between them not a thing to do with us theres 2 sides to every story and no disrespect to sam but were only hearing one side of a 2 sided story wich i personal stay out of so my thorts are you should to.

G

Cultivators Choice, who won the Cup. However, Nevil had already purchased all the Cultivators Choice strains, including Skunk #1, Haze and Pollyanna. Cultivators Choice soon disbanded, and Nevil dominated the event for the next few years using their stock.

Neville purchased Haze? Sam said he gave it to Neville. Then later claims Neville sold the lines to Ben when they werent his.

So which is it, Sam gave the genetics to Neville.........or Neville Purchased them?

And if he purchased them, how could Neville sell something to Ben that wasnt his? If he purchased them, then they were his!

If you give them to someone, then that gift is theirs! So to claim Neville stole something that wasnt his, when he had them in his possession is suspect.

Possession is 9/10s of the law.

To anyone pretending Neville didnt breed and didnt search out his own genetics, I ask you what your motives are for your words? The disrespect Neville is getting, one of the very early pioneers in the industry is rather incredible to see here. The man is legend in the community.
Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman
Well, Nevilles Haze is derived from Original Haze matierials I gave Neville in 1980's, not 1969, but it is not a pure Haze, it has been crossed with the NL line.
So you are comparing apples and oranges
Originally posted by Sam_Skunkman
I mean Neville sold all my varieties to Sinsi Seeds when he closed the Seed Bank, for big $ and then I told Ben they were never Neville's to sell in the first place and I had spent years developing them, I don't blame Ben but I do think Neville is not someone that you go to to find the truth, unless it is to his advantge to tell the truth.

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
kopite,
"I don't think theres ever been a purple haze pot, not according to those I've spoke to anyhow.."

Can you tell me what I was smoking back in the 70's? It was purple and Original Haze.

Dalaihempy,
"Sam like i sed i respect you a lot and theres times i dont agree with you not becouse i know more than you as i dont but becouse my experence and hands on in short what i saw with my eyes dont match what your telling me that now being sats showing nanas after sexing i honestly never saw that with the sats i grew."

"All i know is nevile worket with haze seed from 69 i know it was collected in the us i was told the story as i asket as like most like to know the history behind things and as i find haze be it haze hybreeds special it very much intrests me."

Don't know what to say, I have seen it a million times...
How much Thai seeds from Thailand have you grown? I have grown thousands and maybe 25% were hermi, before during and after sexing. There are many many different forms of intersexed female plants.

I believe you were told this by someone who believed it to be true, but that does not make it true, if Neville lied then all the rest is lies regardless of how good or truthfull the people that told you are. I thought you were going to stop?

AnatomiclySound,
"Neville playing off of Sams reputation? Sam already a legend while Neville was a reformed junky? Thats a nice little spin, but the facts are Neville had the first seed bank that shipped acrossed the globe is responsible for many of the varietys today becoming famous."

Skunk #1 and Original Haze were famous for a decade or more before Neville ever even thought of selling seeds, wise up. Neville did ship to anyone across internetional borders, something I told him was stupid and would put him in jail. Who was right? When I met Neville he had zero good seeds, he was selling imported Mex seeds and Colombian seeds and African seeds from coffee shop weed for $.25 cents each. They were crap. I gave him Skunk #1 and a few others and he repaid me a few years later by copying my varieties and selling them himself cutting me out, after promising he would not.
You were not there but RCC was there and can back me up, but what the hell, why am I arguing with someone that has no idea what really happened as it was between me and Neville and you are just repeating a story that was told to you by people that believed Neville and thought he was a man of his word, but he is not.

"Neville purchased Haze? Sam said he gave it to Neville. Then later claims Neville sold the seeds to Ben when they werent his.
So which is it, Sam gave the genetics to Neville.........or Neville Purchased them?
And if he purchased them, how could Neville sell something to Ben that wasnt his? If he purchased them, then they were his!
If you give them to someone, then that gift is theirs! So to claim Neville stole something that wasnt his, when he had them in his possession is suspect.
Possession is 9/10s of the law."

I can't believe you are this thick...
I sold him seeds not the variety, get it??? He sold Ben the variety, but he did not own it, get it???
You say posession is 9/10s of the law so if I buy a pack of Shantibabas SSH I can then sell the SSH variety seeds to everyone? If that is what you mean then you are a low life dude, and I will put your posts on ignore or remove them from the thread.
Remember I am the Moderator for this thread.

"Never intended to bum you out Sam, as I have mentioned I respect you more then you realize. The conversation ends here from my stand point."

When you posted that a few days ago I hoped it was true, but I can now see it was not after all.

-SamS

Last edited:
G

I was trying to prevent an argument, not provoke one so I'll be leaving this thread now. Shame it's going the way of so many other threads these days, so much negativity...

jim dankness

at the risk of sounding like a kiss ass, it blows my resinated mind that you people (yes hempy, i'm talking about you... among others) argue with sam about this stuff. i mean, the dude is perhaps THE ONLY CANNABIS PROFESSIONAL IN THE WORLD ("white market", at least).

largest seed collection in the world? check.
grown more cannabis plants than any other douche bag on an internet forum? check.
gave the europeans the best of america's first generation hybrids? check.
went 'legit' & yet still completely involved with cannabis? check.

quit asking the man to rework you precious RKS, quit telling the guy who he gave seeds to & when. maybe instead, go back & read all of his older posts. you might learn something, in particular the answer to all of these questions that sam gets asked again, and again, and again... :bashhead:

B

Bluebeard

I have a friend who is living with some of the hill tribes of the Thailand/Laos/Myanmar border area and making some wonderful collections of phenotypes that I thought were long gone. These lines, like hempy described are, for the most part free of male flowers on the plants which possess a female growth habit. I was originally concerned about influence of commercial strains in the populations, but they are very long flowering, and the sources of the seeds assure him that they are traditional cultivars which go back at least 3 generations. Of course, that can be taken with a grain of salt. But, their words combined with 6-8 months of long nights being required to induce flowering and the presence of the old phenotypes makes me believe they could be the real deal.

I have collected three noncommercial Bolivian landraces from the eastern mountain ranges. Judging from the phenotype, if I didn't know better would say they are Thai. Some of the plants undergo ten months or more of long nights before even showing sex, which, in my opinion, is more common for Colombian landrace than for Thais, but they aren't like any Colombian I have seen. The aromas and structures aren't reminiscent of the long flowering Colombians but identical to a southeast Asian. Anyways, these lines are also completely devoid of male flowers on the plants displaying a female growth habit. Perhaps the similarities with Thai are due to a comparable distance from the equator, but I wonder if they weren't descended from hermaphrodite free Southeast Asian imports from the last 50 years.

G

AnatomiclySound,
"Neville playing off of Sams reputation? Sam already a legend while Neville was a reformed junky? Thats a nice little spin, but the facts are Neville had the first seed bank that shipped acrossed the globe is responsible for many of the varietys today becoming famous
."

Skunk #1 and Original Haze were famous for a decade or more before Neville ever even thought of selling seeds, wise up. Neville did ship to anyone across internetional borders, something I told him was stupid and would put him in jail. Who was right? When I met Neville he had zero good seeds, he was selling imported Mex seeds and Colombian seeds and African seeds from coffee shop weed for $.25 cents each. They were crap. I gave him Skunk #1 and a few others and he repaid me by copying my varieties and selling them himself cutting me out, after promising he would not.

You can talk down to me all you want Sam, but thats not going to change the facts of what I posted. I said Neville was responsible for the first seed bank shipping overseas. Nowhere did I say Skunk and Haze werent known before the days of Neville and the Seedbank. Its a well known fact Haze was around before the Seedbank. But Haze didnt gain international recognition as it has today before Neville sold the seeds Overseas to the masses. Sure a relatively small amount of people knew about it but compared to the reputation it has today its quite clear Neville selling the varietys acrossed the globe had an impact on the lure of these varietys.

I cant speak for what happened exactly between you and Neville, as I mentioned as well as yourself I was not there.

The reason I am posting is because Neville is being shit on in this thread, and I dont think thats fair? If you dont like the fact somebody is sounding a voice for Nevilles corner, forgive me. But I wont allow the entire thread to turn into a Neville is shit thread, because the man deserves better then that.

You were not there but RCC was there and can back me up, but what the hell, why am I arguing with someone that has no idea what really happened as it was between me and Neville and you are just repeating a story that was told to you by people that believed Neville and thought he was a man of his word, but he is not.

You keep pretending my opinion is worthless because I wasnt there, but the sources of whatever information I have posted have been sited. Thats the information we have to work on, and the sources are pretty damn credible Sam.

"Neville purchased Haze? Sam said he gave it to Neville. Then later claims Neville sold the seeds to Ben when they werent his.
Possession is 9/10s of the law."
I sold him seeds not the variety, get it??? He sold Ben the variety, but he did not own it, get it???
You say posession is 9/10s of the law so if I buy a pack of Shantibabas SSH I can then sell the SSH variety seeds to everyone? If that is what you mean then you are a low life dude, and I will put your posts on ignore or remove them from the thread.

Why are you calling me names Sam? You had quite an attitude with me yesterday when we discussed this same subject, however I was very cordial to you as you deserve. And nowhere have I said anything negative about you, not even once! But I have stated Neville isnt here to tell his side of the story, so we cant rush to calling him a liar.

And people can and do sell Shantibabas SSH as their own. And he is aware of this, and has publically stated theres not much you can do. Once the seeds are purchased, they belong to the person who purchased them. This kind of thing happens all the time in the industry. Im sure you would agree.

You're calling me a low life now? Again, Ive not said anything to you out of the way. But you're now resorting to calling me names. Thats a pretty low thing to do considering I am posting information that is as reliable as one can get. Just because they dont mesh up with your version, doesnt mean they are shit opinions. Neville isnt here to tell his side of the story, but there is a Neville bashing fest going on. So am I suppost to ignore the fact Neville is being trashed?

Think again.

"Never intended to bum you out Sam, as I have mentioned I respect you more then you realize. The conversation ends here from my stand point."

When you posted that a few days ago I hoped it was true, but I can now see it was not after all.

-SamS

I do have respect for what youve accomplished in the industry, however with your calling me names and your general overall tone towards me that respect is diminishing.

So what you're the moderator of this thread? You're not doing yourself any favors by calling members names who have not said anything out of the way to you. Just because your a moderator, doesnt mean I should change my opinion based on the available information.

The conversation was finished from my stand point, until the Neville bashing got into full swing. With few taking the time to respond with any kind of valid response for these assertions, somebody had to say something. And I did.

Im rather surprised you have talked to me this way Sam, I really am. I have stated I respect you for your accomplishments, and have been very polite to you. However you have not returned the favor.

Last edited:
G

British_Hempire said:
I was trying to prevent an argument, not provoke one so I'll be leaving this thread now. Shame it's going the way of so many other threads these days, so much negativity...
Thats rather laughable considering what you have posted in this thread.

You want to talk about negativity?

Originally posted by British Hempire

BTW I can't believe some folks are convinced Neville (who disappeared years ago) spoke the gospel truth about the origins of his Haze. It's not much of a stretch to come to the conclusion that when Neville met Sam in Holland in the 80s, Sam was already a legend and Neville a reformed junkie aiming to make a name for himself,

Originally posted by British Hempire
The DEA arrested Neville Schoenmakers in Australia in 1990 for sending a load of seeds from Holland to New Orleans, he's kinda been in hiding ever since so good luck tracking him down and getting him to tell the truth

Yeah, your hands are clean of negativity.

Maybe if you gained some respect, backed up the statements you make with sources then we would be getting somewhere. But it looks like you and others are intent on being negative. Not the other way around.

When perhaps the best Breeder in the industry says its a fact a majority of the Industry is working off Nevilles accomplishments then one has to stop and consider his words. Shantibaba is as honest as you can find in this business.

Originally Posted by shantibaba
The whole seed industry based alot of things on Neville's origins in fact , but none except Sensi Seed had the parent plants to replicate things time and time again.

Last edited:
K

kopite

kopite,
"I don't think theres ever been a purple haze pot, not according to those I've spoke to anyhow.."

Can you tell me what I was smoking back in the 70's? It was purple and Original Haze.

Wish I could tell you !!!!!

If it was original haze in a purple form i would of thought it would still be around today !!!

I was just going on what others have told me... I wasn't there so cannot comment

was an opinion not gospel....

was it a strain that had been worked on and stabilised or just a random plant ?...

I aint trying to be an ass i just like facts

I presume then that Nevile did no work on the seeds (strain) you sold him ? IYO when does a strain become your own work ? for instance if I purchased Chims Aurora and inbred it for the traits i wanted, should it always be refered to as Chimeras aurora or my work (name)...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts