What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Eastern Manipur-Burma Border Domesticated Landrace

Cactus Wes

picture.php

I bought these and I cracked one
And it looks like this
picture.php

Cactus Wes

picture.php

Hard to make heads or tails from this picture, but the top of the plant is LST'ed to below the rim of the pot. She is going into flower this week and she is going to blow up. Stay tuned.

Cactus Wes

picture.php

I pushed the limbs out and they stayed

picture.php

Another week or so and the first scrog net will drop down on top of her.
2 months of stretch,
2 months of flower.

Cactus Wes

Top of week 3, SCROG net down.
I typically feed veg nutes until I see flowerheads, which I find is about a week or two.
But this girl has attitude.
She doesn't like the rise in PH as she dries out. She's showing curling from nitrogen toxicity; so I decided to switch over to bloom nutes early, and lowered the PPM's by 1/5 and increase water volume.
She has lots of time to shake it off.
I put the net down on her this week and she popped through it fine, but ever since then when I adjust her by weaving her branch's through the net; the branches I touch get this wilted look for 5 or 6 hours. It happens if I turn the fan on too high as well, they get this moody wilted look lol.
Her smell still reminds me of peeled grapefruit skins.

picture.php

She's probably going to grow another foot or more all the way around.

Cactus Wes

3.5 weeks, the stretch is insane.
It has grown almost a foot a week,
and she drinks every day.

picture.php

She's well fed, she just started the pk booster this week. I don't want to put the second SCROG net on, but I might have to. The flower heads have begun to appear which gives me a bit of an idea how much bigger she's going to get. I just killed the humidity, she's going to finish stiffening up.
I've been slowly raising my light to get wider light spread as she keeps getting bigger.

picture.php

This plant is going to have so much surface area,
I'm just imagining all the crystals.
The smell has begun to take on an indian spice type scent.

Cactus Wes

Thank you,

And I have to thank you for asking that question, the pot size;
I have to admit, I was certain I knew what size of pots I've been growing with, were...
And upon double checking I have only now just realized that;
The pots I have been calling 5 Gal. are actually 3 Gal.
This Plant is in a 3 Gal.
My rule of thumb for pot size is (1 Gal:1 month)
How ever; one method of controlling a wild sativa's height is restricting the pot size.
As it is right now, she has two limbs growing beyond the light footprint.
I could just imagine another couple of gallons would have given her the ability to smother the light fixture.
I have 6 Cree COBs pointed right at her.
I can flower plants at a distance of 3 feet with this fixture and this plant can't get enough.
I had to super crop 2 limbs that had grown up within a foot of the COB lenses.
She stretched between 3-4 feet after flip, if it wasn't for the SCROG net, she'd be around 6 feet tall, and the buds may still climb another 6" - 10" yet.
Stay Tuned.

bleepboop

You're gonna have a wicked time and seem well prepared for it. I did find with height management of TRSC Ukhrul that tops were perfectly happy being bent onto to the side to keep the overall canopy height even. I ended up on 10.5hrs of light by the end. You may find reducing that even further helpful for finishing.

zaprjaques

Thank you,

And I have to thank you for asking that question, the pot size;
I have to admit, I was certain I knew what size of pots I've been growing with, were...
And upon double checking I have only now just realized that;
The pots I have been calling 5 Gal. are actually 3 Gal.
This Plant is in a 3 Gal.
My rule of thumb for pot size is (1 Gal:1 month)
How ever; one method of controlling a wild sativa's height is restricting the pot size.
As it is right now, she has two limbs growing beyond the light footprint.
I could just imagine another couple of gallons would have given her the ability to smother the light fixture.
I have 6 Cree COBs pointed right at her.
I can flower plants at a distance of 3 feet with this fixture and this plant can't get enough.
I had to super crop 2 limbs that had grown up within a foot of the COB lenses.
She stretched between 3-4 feet after flip, if it wasn't for the SCROG net, she'd be around 6 feet tall, and the buds may still climb another 6" - 10" yet.
Stay Tuned.

Amazing it went nuts like that in 3 Gallons.
Not like i have much experience anyways but damn.
How long did you say you had it in veg, 2 months?

Just curious for infos as i have a pretty similar cultivar, TRSC's Manipuri, growing uber micro at the moment.

Thanks for the reply!

Cactus Wes

I germinated the seed on the first days of Dec 2020
and flipped into flower in exactly middle of January.
I transplanted her a few times;
A cup sized pot to a Liter sized pot to a Gal. then into a 3 Gal. pot.
I had her in the 3 Gal. for a week before flip so not to stress her, but
I should have just transplanted into the 3 Gal. and then just flipped right away.
This is my second time growing an equatorial sativa, in my opinion I vegged for too long.
Once their a foot tall or so; just send them into flower from what I have seen.
I can also attest to shortening the 12/12 to 11/13 and at 8 weeks shortening to 10/14
to simulate progressively diminishing day light to trigger a stronger hormonal response.

zaprjaques

Thanks for the reply!

Youve been treating her good ;)
I'm sitting at the other side of the spectrum.
9/15 lighting from seed, 100ml 'pots' with an option to go as big as 450ml per plant.
But i just want to make some seeds if possible.
I have a thread going in the micro section.

Cactus Wes

Full Moon Gang Bang

Full Moon Gang Bang

So tonight was the full moon.
I'm in the sixth week of flower, and with her in full bloom I am confident that if I introduce some male pollen; she won't freak out and hermiate.
This is an equatorial sativa that takes along time to flower.
A hash plant will have the same amount of bud at 3 weeks to the amount of bud on this plant at 6 weeks.
In my opinion and from experience, the female plant should be well into it's hormonal changes to benefit from an invagination.
I've had it happen to a
Malawi x Panama by Ace seeds where I;
'Tried to breed normally through open pollination and in that particular case I wound up with a hermaphrodite.' That was a big waste of my time.
So now I wait until there are distinct flower heads before pollination.
So I reached to the back of my freezer and pulled out a selection of four males hybrid pollen of an on going breeding project of mine;
-Juniperberry **reversed =
(Hindu Trainwreck x BlueBerry Trainwreck)
-Juniperberry x ?SATIVA? Ace Seeds Mix
-Hindu Trainwreck 'A' short
-Hindu Trainwreck 'B' tall
:grouphug:
She hasn't had much of a smell lately.
But after rubbing the buds, the sour grapefruit smell emanated from the molested flowers again.

Stay tuned, they'll be more after this.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts