What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greenbeans

Greenheart

Veteran
No new pics. Just a text update. My numbers game has changed. I'm allowed 4 and 4. Currently I have 2. One male from the original seeds that showed all the traits I was looking for in the blueberry line. It also was the only plant that never complained about any of the grow conditions like lighting or soil. The female is a picky one. Maybe. I might have just discovered something for myself.

I've grafted in the past. So I thought why not try grafting female to male since he grows so well. In doing so I dropped down from 2 bulbs to 1. Now she is greening up. I've been topping and pruning and keeping them at about 24 inches tall or less with a 12" diameter. It really blows my mind that from 26 inches away these bulbs are providing such sufficient light to the canopy. I think I'll be able to run my whole veg room off 32 watts. So far so good on the graft it is day 3 with ziplock dome in place.

Worm farm update.

They all are looking good. I've seen no evidence of nightcrawlers just the red wigglers and "pot worms". Seems they came with the amazon worms I ordered. I thought it was a bunch of babies in with the adults since it was just a scoop of worms/compost in a jar. I also was amaze at how many "babies" so quickly showed up. They really aren't harmful and both perform the same functions. Even on different levels so it's all good baby!

Bloom update.

Still not sure what I'm doing here long term but I did start something. A 20L x 12W x 30H (inches) cabinet on roller wheels. It has 4 rows of Dicuno bulbs. 3 bulbs on each side panel and 5 on the back panel in each row. There is another 12 bulbs on the top suspended by adjustable shelving to allow vertical movement. Each row is designed to be lit separately. This allows me to start with 115W and progress in 55w increments as I work my way up the chamber. The Fan is adjustable speed from 0.1 watt to 4.5W.

I'm still in the middle of the build so I'm not sure if more fans will be required. I currently have to finish installing sockets that arrived today. Then come up with a door face and the top plate. I will also need to source 2 more lamp cords and some mesh filtering material to finish the build. The vision has finally formed. The previous plan did not allow for much vertical space. I noticed in the smaller footprints there was still 2-3 feet of headroom to work with. Total build cost wasn't exactly budget friendly at 3 dollars per bulb and 3 dollars per socket x 56 pieces each. There was also the reflectix, paneling, casters, wiring, fan, and filtration costs most of which was on hand but it is safe to say it was $400 in build cost. Should the results be satisfactory it was money well spent. I have a feeling they will be.

The first project is doing well. I just overspent on lightbulbs like usual. lol

ICGA

View attachment 17862480
I dunno is there any purple genetics in the DJS Blueberry or LA confidential lines? It's got to be my shitty soil...:wtf:

ftr I love me some Grandaddy purps, Dapurps, and purple erkel too! Sometimes cold and nutrients do play a big role in purpling. I really don't think this is the case. I mentioned that when 3 of them popped showing the purple stems. If you look at the female pic growing right next to him you will notice it has much less purple showing. In my case I do believe it is genetics but I do still have some soil issues so I can't completely discount it. I think my issues are Ca and Mg though. That is why I really popped in here. I needed to check the Fresh guide in the infirmary since this really is the best site on the net for all things cannabis.
Blueberry definitely has purple in it. Maybe not every phenotype of every iteration but it's in there. Lots of afghan plants look just like that at the end.

Latest posts

Latest posts