What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone running HID/LED? what’s with the pastel colours?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
What your saying does make sense, I will find some Epsom salts one way or another and give that a go.

In Epsom UK it's naturally occurring. Magnesium Sulphate Heptahydrate. We are falling over the stuff. It's in every big supermarket. All the health stores and the pharmacies. Garden centers. It's as common as rain. I think you will find some easier than you think but PM if you struggle. I'm good for it :)

browntrout

Veteran
In Epsom UK it's naturally occurring. Magnesium Sulphate Heptahydrate. We are falling over the stuff. It's in every big supermarket. All the health stores and the pharmacies. Garden centers. It's as common as rain. I think you will find some easier than you think but PM if you struggle. I'm good for it :)

I did find some, it was easier than I thought. However the first place only had Epsom salts combined with essential oils.

Do you think the 4:1.5 Cal:Mag in my base nutes is enough to cover the calcium requirements during watering sand not feedings. Say watering with vitamins/supplements and Epsom salts or should cal/mag supplement be added in conjunction.

browntrout

Veteran
Was reading back of my AN Iguana Juice Grow (3-1-3) with Calcium 1%, Magnesium 0.5% & 2.5% sulfur. Seems better suited to LED growing than most going by what others have said?

Sampas92

Just newbin
Hi guys
This thread is interesting.
Just my 2 inexperienced cents.
For the ones that dont know im running a small grow with SILS with and rh around 23/25 55/65%, controlled by hygrostat heater and humidifier.
Im inexperienced so i wamt to learn the most i can and after talking with f-e about adding IR to the grow he talked about halogen bulbs.
Looking for about 10 to 15% power of halogen to leds ratio i use a 15w halogen bulb with 54w of sils.
The other day i made an experience and replaced the 15w for an 100w halogen bulb that i had laying around for 15+ years, the thing is in 2 hours it was the plants were quite perky but the thing i find most interesting was that the leafs were much more cooler to the touch and also sligtly turned to the halogen bulb.
Dunno if that helps in any way in your thougts and future conclusions about the subject, i keep thr temps and rh in good parameteres in those 2 hours.
Also explosive used one marshydro white led that has ir and far red i think, in one very detailled grow here on icmag and also the temps were between the range of 24/25c and get excellent results and good growth rate.

Peace

Last edited:

GoodyeBlueSky

I absolutely love the results you get from Mars Hydro TS lights. The leds make for much less problematic heat.

Though, if it were mine i would supplement the MarsHydro lights with a handful of powerful COB fixtures, instead of the HID lamp. I'm a born again LED grower. I never thought they'd be able to rival the results of a good HPS, but these days they very much do. Actually, the right LED lamp will outperform HID's. I saw a spectrum king LED, recently, that was meant to replace a 1000w HPS. And they run 50x longer.

The time to invest in LEDs is here.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Was reading back of my AN Iguana Juice Grow (3-1-3) with Calcium 1%, Magnesium 0.5% & 2.5% sulfur. Seems better suited to LED growing than most going by what others have said?

I'm moving that way and things are getting better. It's not unreasonable when that link provided says that only Mg is needed to correct for LEDs.

That's a lot of sulphur which points to Epsom in their mix