What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Temperate Zone Sativas

Ijager

I’m thinking about the future and what’s possible.
Growing location and climate 43n eastern NAmerica.
I’m interested in something different and interesting, a clear effect, hopefully not too much paranoia. I’d like suggestions as to sativas that fit this mold, and can be grown outdoors in these conditions. I will consider auto/semiautos and dominate hybrids but would prefer a 100% or as close as possible Sativa.

I’m thinking South African and Asian varieties from mountainous areas of the subcontinent would be good genetics for a temperate zone sat.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Have a look at ace's stuff. The lebanese should be a very early sativs. Also bangi haze should finish at 43° iirc. All strains got the latitude listed they grow good

Breadwizard

I second the call for Ace, and throw Nepjam into the ring as well.

I've heard that Ciskei from tropical would be a good fit for this as well, but haven't grown it out yet (I have some that I haven't popped yet, maybe this next season)

Ijager

Thanks guys. Aces Nepalese Annapurna sounds interesting, growing a semi feral land race would be cool. Some may consider it weak but whatever. I can go until about the end of October before the weather gets too nasty

Tropicals Ciskei, King Congo and Durban’s are also possibles.

Ijager

Ok. I’ve sourced Annapurna from Ace, and Cannabiogen’s version of Durban which sounds good. If all goes well I hope to produce seeds from both and also cross them. With careful selection over the next few years hopefully have something fairly well adapted to my climate, and also different from the typical short flowering indica dominated hybrids.

In the past I’ve successfully gotten plants to start flowing a week or two earlier by planting in areas where they would get more shade in the morning or evening and that will be part of my strategy.

Still considering the possibility’s of some 90% plus Sativa super autos.

drosera420

Premium user
The only issue with Ace at the moment unless I'm mistaken is they don't ship to US any longer. At least for now. Purple Satellite is one I've been hoping to try. It would be right for your location.

Ijager

3rd party vendor.

Yes! That PurpleSatelite does sound interesting, Mex/Nepalese. Looks like available from someone in ????

drosera420

Premium user
Vermontman/ Green mountain seeds is the guy that worked out the line. For the wife's sativa specific medical smoke needs I have to say that one is on the top of my list.

Latest posts

Latest posts