What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Just Pullin' Weeds...

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Howdy folks, hope everyone had a good holiday!

Lots of r&r here for me which I desperately needed!

Got more than one clone rooted of all the plants. Got my temps and humidity sorted with some clever fan placement and the heater at night.

Plants look good besides the two Navy Cross which can't seem to shake the PM. They are also tossing a few nanners, which I'm guessing is due to the PK sup they were given at the same time I heavily defoliated. Too much stress. Going to pick those off for now but these may need to go and reset with clones.

Making a batch of soil to get cooking today. Need to run to the farm supply and pick up a few ingredients I am low on.

Have a toasty day!

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Howdy folks, hope everyone had a good holiday!

Lots of r&r here for me which I desperately needed!

Got more than one clone rooted of all the plants. Got my temps and humidity sorted with some clever fan placement and the heater at night.

Plants look good besides the two Navy Cross which can't seem to shake the PM. They are also tossing a few nanners, which I'm guessing is due to the PK sup they were given at the same time I heavily defoliated. Too much stress. Going to pick those off for now but these may need to go and reset with clones.

Making a batch of soil to get cooking today. Need to run to the farm supply and pick up a few ingredients I am low on.

Have a toasty day!
Bucking down getting some trimming done my sons girlfriend doing the work

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Sounds great Star! I'm getting to the point where I am letting go of some of the chores. I always liked doing things myself on the farm and in the grow. I have come to realize that having help is not a bad thing at all. Next season the farm will be run by me and worked by employees. Time for me to not kill myself for once.

Got my supplies at the farm supply, they were out of gypsum. A new lady at the checkout rudely told me there was not any gypsum in the back when I asked. I thanked her anyway and was going back to get my bale of promix and she hollers, with a full store, what are you growing this time of year anyway? With full snarky bitch shrillness of course.

Oh you bitch! Definitely not something you want advertised around these parts. Before I could text my wife to come in and deck this lady and set her straight the manager says LOUDLY hey, that's ******* and he owns ****** farms, best tomato grower in the state. Then he tells her it would be in her best interest to take the rest of the day off. Walked her out of the store. I was shocked.

He apologized and went in the back and looked for gypsum with no luck. So off to find some of that, solid hour drive, so I can finish making this batch of soil to cook.

The hash joint I puffed for wake and bake is making it difficult to go out in public. One more cup of coffee I say!

No Seedsman's seed order yet, should be anyday now. Over a month...

Pics coming later for sure, have a toasty day folks!

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good Morning. Lester :smoke out:I’m done with promix ... etc ... at least for the winter , all my supplies show up at my front door from the grow store... I got a boatload of hungry plants +2 dogs in the morning everybody’s hounding for my attention:bigeye:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I like what you did there...hounding for my attention haha

Show up at your front door from the grow store? Holy shit you are brave my friend!

We only have a couple grow stores and I don't visit them. I use the same farm suppliers I use for my farm. And the interwebs of course.

I'm jealous, we live in the same state but you seem to be in a totally chill area compared to here. Cops still following people from the grow stores around these parts.

Your pup is so cute! My wife demanded I show her any pics you post of her haha

I will get some pics of the Big South Pump and other MK strains today. Very excited for those.

Last edited:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Good Morning!

Big South Pump

picture.php

Sorry for the lousy phone pics, I have my camera charging and will get better shots today. Yesterday was a blaze of hash and nothing constructive was accomplished photo wise.

These are being up-potted today and topped shortly to make some shrubbery.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good Morning!

Big South Pump

View Image

Sorry for the lousy phone pics, I have my camera charging and will get better shots today. Yesterday was a blaze of hash and nothing constructive was accomplished photo wise.

These are being up-potted today and topped shortly to make some shrubbery.

View Image View Image View Image

Tom Hill Haze x Asian B

View Image View Image

Big South Pump
View Image View Image

Nirvana Skunk 1

View Image

Some bud shots of the Navy Cross first..

View Image View Image

And Skunk 1

View Image

Party at Lesters House!:smoke out:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Very nice!

I have kept mine in the small pots and under LED to keep them tight. This up pot should make them jump which I plan to counteract by topping.

Are you going to flower those or clones of those?

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice!

I have kept mine in the small pots and under LED to keep them tight. This up pot should make them jump which I plan to counteract by topping.

Are you going to flower those or clones of those?

I’m going Flower those babies out...Also plan to take cuts of course. Same thing with the Casey Jones x SD bx

Crazy Chester

Got my supplies at the farm supply, they were out of gypsum. A new lady at the checkout rudely told me there was not any gypsum in the back when I asked. I thanked her anyway and was going back to get my bale of promix and she hollers, with a full store, what are you growing this time of year anyway? With full snarky bitch shrillness of course.

Oh you bitch! Definitely not something you want advertised around these parts. Before I could text my wife to come in and deck this lady and set her straight the manager says LOUDLY hey, that's ******* and he owns ****** farms, best tomato grower in the state. Then he tells her it would be in her best interest to take the rest of the day off. Walked her out of the store. I was shocked.

He apologized and went in the back and looked for gypsum with no luck. So off to find some of that, solid hour drive, so I can finish making this batch of soil to cook.

Dang, Lester, I was going to buy farm supplies today - with gypsum high on my list - I hope I don't have that kind of hassle at Home De Pot!

My raised beds would really appreciate the amendment right now to mix in with the backyard compost I just finished that I laid on top.

picture.php
picture.php

Happy New Year!

Last edited:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Hi CC!

Thanks for stopping by!

Nice looking beds! Unfortunately my outdoor climate is more suited for a polar bear right now lol

I'll be in touch with you soon ;)

Happy New Year!

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dang, Lester, I was going to buy farm supplies today - with gypsum high on my list - I hope I don't have that kind of hassle at Home De Pot!

My raised beds would really appreciate the amendment right now to mix in with the backyard compost I just finished that I laid on top.

View Image View Image

Happy New Year!

Hi CC!

Thanks for stopping by!

Nice looking beds! Unfortunately my outdoor climate is more suited for a polar bear right now lol

I'll be in touch with you soon ;)

Happy New Year!

I just was pretty amazed to discover actually managed to purchased delicious cantaloupe melon which I always fail at nine times out of 10 especially in December

Crazy Chester

I just was pretty amazed to discover actually managed to purchased delicious cantaloupe melon which I always fail at nine times out of 10 especially in December
I'm not much better with the cantaloupe - even though my ground never freezes. Wherever I've lived, I've never been able to grow a decent cantaloupe. I tried growing it this year and ended up with one that was about the size of a baseball and it tasted terrible - LMAO!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
To grow awesome melon you must keep the roots warm as possible, very consistent water schedule, and a lot of fertilizer.

Black plastic and drip tape or soaker hose, you will have sweet delicious melons with little hassle.

The problem with buying melons is they are picked unripe then shipped a few 1000 miles etc

Giving the melon time to ripen on the vine allows the flavor to develop. Just like cannabis. And tomatoes.

For an interesting melon, the variety AfterShock, is a personal sized melon and has an intense flavor of melon bubblegum. Original and outstanding!

Buying quality seeds makes a big difference as well. For some killer heirloom melons check out Baker seeds. Don't use them for main crop just try a plant sometime. Sub-freakin-lime!

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
To grow awesome melon you must keep the roots warm as possible, very consistent water schedule, and a lot of fertilizer.

Black plastic and drip tape or soaker hose, you will have sweet delicious melons with little hassle.

The problem with buying melons is they are picked unripe then shipped a few 1000 miles etc

Giving the melon time to ripen on the vine allows the flavor to develop. Just like cannabis. And tomatoes.

For an interesting melon, the variety AfterShock, is a personal sized melon and has an intense flavor of melon bubblegum. Original and outstanding!

Buying quality seeds makes a big difference as well. For some killer heirloom melons check out Baker seeds. Don't use them for main crop just try a plant sometime. Sub-freakin-lime!

If I had the wherewithal inside me I want to get a big produce garden going this year