What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

`

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Some are, and some are serious. Still, accidents happen. Some good (gg4), and some bad (your example).

Well run serious breeders rarely make inventory errors. As mentioned by Charlie above, you have to do more than cursory research. Be as serious as the breeders your looking for.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Only have experience so far with the cbd version of their ogkush and liked it. Was a nice mental uphigh i realy enjoyed. Got on average a zip per plant in 7l pots under ~550w mixed light. They were ready after 8-9 weeks.
Didn't do any labtest with it but think thc:cbd 1:1 is right, good daytime smoke that didn't mess u up for the rest of the day and the high lasted a little shorter than normal. Good muscle relaxation in my back.
Ok some of my daily hardcore toker friends didn't get a strong buzz but i realy liked the daytimehigh on the sativa side.
For my next run i will grow another 2 of the cbd ones and 2 of the quick version.

Carraxe

Veteran
Hybrids are hybrids. Take the % sativa stated by the seedbanks with a grain of salt. Smoke it and make your own conclusions.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Home-Grown I think I share and understand some of your thoughts and concerns. They (Dinafem in this case but also in a very generic sense broadly speaking) are using a name called og kush, and then using that name in their lineage descriptions, for example this is a hybrid back crossed with kush blah blah blah. And what you are saying, is the parent used being called og kush, is more sativa in structure than the other parent being used. So how are you going to say that a plant is more kush more indica in nature, because you crossed it with a sativa looking plant with the name og kush, lol :bigeye: bit of a fallacy doesn't really make sense. It sounds like several things are going on, like this so called og kush really is not very kushy at all, and there are all kinds of cheap bag seeds from numerous vendors with the label og kush no matter what the heck they are actually selling, it could be anything like sun glasses at the gas station.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Home-Grown, Do you think that OG Kush is made by crossing Lemon Thai and Chemdawg?

That is what I'm hearing, over and over again.

hellfire

On one hand you probably want to stay away from dinafem. On the other if it is sativa looking you might enjoy some uplifting smoke in another month or when harvest comes. Sorry about your experience, good reason to stay away from Dinafem, a memo for future.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
If we're looking for Lemon Thai and Chemdawg how are they? Could there be some keepers for Lemon Thai or Chemdawg? That would be useful.

Kush has a wikipedia definition :)

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I don't understand the whole dinafem bashing. The 2 times i run their gear i was as happy with them as with any other seed company. They sprouted and i got what was advertised.
Yes breeder that puts a lot of effort in their work don't get the attention they deserve.
But i think most of the business is made of chuckers and the same 20-30 eliteclones selfed at each other in different variations.
Also think that a company that produces bullshit wont stay long in the business.

hellfire

I've personally never ran any Dinafem gear, have heard some good things though. I think in this case its important to note that feminisation does not consistently produce the same phenotype 100%. It is likely to happen on large scale fem seed sales that someone finds other phenos than the chosen one or even the rare feminised male pops out. If there was 10 seeds all doing this sativa leaning from the same pack there would be more reason for complaint.

I agree with art pn the keepers. Hell personally I'd love to have something close to real Lemon Thai :biggrin:

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
can we all just stop and think about underground container growing for a second?

instead of more cowbell needs more tunnels, like mayo clinic in rochester, from the jail house to the grow room to the ritz carltin suite

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I've personally never ran any Dinafem gear, have heard some good things though. I think in this case its important to note that feminisation does not consistently produce the same phenotype 100%. It is likely to happen on large scale fem seed sales that someone finds other phenos than the chosen one or even the rare feminised male pops out. If there was 10 seeds all doing this sativa leaning from the same pack there would be more reason for complaint.

I agree with art pn the keepers. Hell personally I'd love to have something close to real Lemon Thai :biggrin:

You're absolutely right. Selfing a female beyond s2 and all sorts of interesting phenos surface.

D

DNM1

OG
:)

Attachments

• IMG_3839.jpg
    IMG_3839.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 23