What's new

"Radio Static" Type Body High

thedudefresco

Hi everyone.

Been smoking for 10-15 years off and on. Back in 2009 or so I remember two strains I purchased to smoke: Sensi Star & Snowcap.

Especially with the sensi star, I remember the effects including a very pleasant "body high" that felt like waves of warm radio static pulsating thru my body.

I have had similar effects sporadically, but not for many many years.

In fact, Ive been growing to try and replicate what I felt, but to no great success.

I suspect some of the high thc strains of last 7 or so years may be lacking a proportion of cannabinoids which is why I don't get the effect from commercial weed.

Any thoughts?

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕
I think I know what you are referring to. I had it with imported black Afghani hash I bought in a Coffeeshop in Amsterdam. I love that feeling. Like pulsating waves going up and down your body. Extremely pleasant.

Dog Star

Veteran
Hi everyone.

Been smoking for 10-15 years off and on. Back in 2009 or so I remember two strains I purchased to smoke: Sensi Star & Snowcap.

Especially with the sensi star, I remember the effects including a very pleasant "body high" that felt like waves of warm radio static pulsating thru my body.

I have had similar effects sporadically, but not for many many years.

In fact, Ive been growing to try and replicate what I felt, but to no great success.

I suspect some of the high thc strains of last 7 or so years may be lacking a proportion of cannabinoids which is why I don't get the effect from commercial weed.

Any thoughts?

How you growing,what method???

rolandomota

Veteran
First light by old world genetics so you can purr like a happy pussycat
I'm guessing that would be a pulsing body feeling prrr prrrprrr lol
:cathug:

Bob Green

I would suggest some Sensi Star F3s from Derg Cora Collective along with some AOF x Sensi Star.

The new Romulan release looks badass too!

PDX Dopesmoker

That static feel sounds like it might be a CBN heavy effect, eat half a gram or so of pipe resin and see if you get the same results.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I have some honey made from Pineapple (sk1) and it makes you glow like the ready brek kid. A 3" deep orange glow all around you. There is no hope of sleeping. Skipping maybe..

sk1 contains much of the afore mentioned genetics. But is so damn varied, that when it's gone, it's gone. I will never find it again.

thedudefresco

I think I know what you are referring to. I had it with imported black Afghani hash I bought in a Coffeeshop in Amsterdam. I love that feeling. Like pulsating waves going up and down your body. Extremely pleasant.

Yeah man. I often wondered if that feeling was a tolerance problem, but if it was, it would have to be some tolerance you can't get back even with a year plus break. Ive taken long time off and lighting up makes me feel insanely high, but haven't rly got that feeling in long time.

I think a perfect storm of medical legalization plus technology ramped up that THC arms race and so most commercial still reflects that.

I grew sensi star a few years back and didn't get the feeling but I also wasn't good at growing then. Dont have any seeds now unfortunately but im currently only growing supposed "landraces" this year to see if that leads me in right direction.

Del_9_THC

"Radio Static" Type Body High

Hi everyone.

I saw an add for some seeds that mention "electric zaps", but I thought it might have been the usual cannabis seller bullshit blurb. Over the last 5 decades I have seen tons of bullshit regarding cannabis, particularly by seed sellers.

If the electric zaps sounds kinda like what you mean and if you don't think it's bullshit, then maybe give them a go.

Bob Green

" new Romulan"?......Romulan is an old school BC strain that has been around for decades.

The original poster on this thread is looking for current options they can grow for themselves. Relevant advice they can put to use and get what they know they want without waisting valueble time, money, and hard work.

According to most people Romulan was an American cut that a few Canadian companies worked with decades ago. Federation went down WELL over a decade ago and viable seeds are long long long gone nowhere to be found. Most experienced growers don't give Next Generations version of Romulan good reviews. Either way both versions where crosses not pure Romulan and Romulan is not an old school BC strain.

Now the newly formed company Romulan Genetics looks promising and have recently released pure uncrossed Romulan seeds and are working on crosses as well as releasing the original cut.

Of course I want to see new grow reports but so far our new homie Jake looks to be hooking up the good shit and I am going to give his gear a shot.

:woohoo:

I mentioned DCC Sensi Star because the version Paradise offers isn't getting the same reviews from their old loyal fans giving honest smoke reports. The DCC version is an F3 of ols SS stock and still kicks ass like the olden days.

So, yes I still stand by those three recommendations. AOF x SS, Sensi Star from Derg Cora, and the new Romulan release from Romulan Genetics.

Hempy McNoodle

I think this electric body high is due in some important way to higher levels of the rare cannabinoid THCV. It is most prevelent in some african landrace strains. Though you probably wont get it from any well worked commercial genetics. I recomend Ciskei from Tropical Seed Co. I believe that the reason this cannabinoid is so rare is due to systematic and targeted erradication efforts because of the health benefits of THCV. Just my two cents. Others may argue, otherwise.

Bob Green

I think this electric body high is due in some important way to higher levels of the rare cannabinoid THCV. It is most prevelent in some african landrace strains. Though you probably wont get it from any well worked commercial genetics. I recomend Ciskei from Tropical Seed Co. I believe that the reason this cannabinoid is so rare is due to systematic and targeted erradication efforts because of the health benefits of THCV. Just my two cents. Others may argue, otherwise.

After growing a few African hybrids I would agree to some extent. I just picture a radio static a bit different than electric sativa buss especially because he said his favorite was Sensi Star which can be pretty heavy smoke.

I grew a Horace from Swamp Boys that had that static/electric combination with an indica bottom end. It is Banana OG x Nigerian and will sprout more later on. Not sure if there are still seeds of her available but I dig her and hear good things about the other Nigerian mixes they made.

I ran a few Stardawg x Zamal that I loved too but they were testers from Wizards Of Oz not a commercial release. Outstanding effects though!

Hempy McNoodle

I did some preliminary research on THCV and it is most common in african sativas and old school sativas from the americas and thailand. And, interestingly, some old afghanis.

thedudefresco

I did some preliminary research on THCV and it is most common in african sativas and old school sativas from the americas and thailand. And, interestingly, some old afghanis.

Interesting. I'm growing some landraces this year.

The "radio static" feeling is a physical body sensation that is kind of similar to that feeling you get when your arm is asleep and it wakes up, except it actually feels nice. Warm feeling with waves.

Nowadays when I smoke, the mental effects are much more present.

I honestly HATE that super high feeling from insane amounts of thc.

Hempy McNoodle

To me, the terms "body high" vs "head high" or "indica" vs "sativa" are meaningless. But those are the descriptions that most go by. What I've found is that the THCV body buzz is generally linked to a blissful, euphoric, inspirational, motivating clear headed, day brightening effect. THCV is considered by many to be a stimulant. It is linked to a reduction of appetite as well. In my region, no strains come with these qualities. Everything for sale, whether labled 'indica' or 'sativa,' is all a bunch of couch-locking groggy weed. That's why 'head high' can be a confusing term. Because groggyness and euphoria are both sort of 'in the head.'
What landrace strains do you have that you can work with?