What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greenleaf Megacrop

johnnyavacado

I've been using MegaCrop for the past 3-4 months and my plants love it. I use it all the way through my grow cycle.

My set-up is simple:
- 1000W HPS
- 4' x 4' x 6.5' tent
- 3-gal black plastic pots / FFOF w/ dolomite lime
- Aurora Soul "Nitrogen", Aurora "Big Swell" Booster

I've used Canna, Gen Hydro, and Aurora lines; MegaCrop has done better than all of them. I don't fear any deficiencies, only add nitrogen during veg for strains that have a particular need. I do use a few additives for plant-specific/ situation specific needs but with several runs under my belt with this line, I know that I'll never change.

kunkgrow

I'm having trouble with MegaCrop, contacted them already, waiting for my next rez change to data log details to them.
Anyway, I need to keep my res for about 1 week and with MegaCrop the reservoir gets all funky, with sediments and brown stuff all over. Pumps, reservoir walls, tubing, everything gets stained with slimey stuff.
Its a sterile rez by the way, not DWC, I drip feed. But need to keep it clean and automatic. With megacrop its proving impossible... I'm guessing maybe the organic stuff which is in powdered form is not fully soluble and gunks up too quick.

Is megacrop suitable to use for outdoor soil grow? Got a 1100 gal res n planning to just mix the whole res n feed through irrigation drip line.

Pro Headies

Veteran
I wouldn't use it outside unless can keep animals away. I think if used outside animals would dig it up from the smell.

Goats

got my sample in the mail today. canadian customs opened it but couldn't take it since it's just plant fertilizer. just delayed it by a couple weeks. ****s.

anyways, gonna use it for the next run i think and see how it does compared to jacks 321

Yes, we have some large growers outdoors, for example these medical growers, they had a pretty nice setup with wooden support for each plant. They averaged like 9.5lbs per plant, and have a few slightly over 14lbs.

They were spending $10-15k at the local hydro store per season before switching to us, their bill with us for last season was around $1100 total including extra boost phase they requested.

MEGA CROP works great outdoors, we are actually looking to bridge that gap with outdoor growers, traditionally it wouldn't be cost effective to run Advanced Nutrients or House & Garden on large outdoor plants, however MEGA CROP pricing is on par with commercial agriculture bulk fertilizer, so its very affordable to get the higher quality results.

"Organic" doesn't really much much, organic fertilizers contribute more to damage of environment and suffering of animals, although the "whole foods generation" recently is taught that Organic is the pinnacle of agriculture.

About the slime buildup, its not really normal but I don't think it will be harmful at all. In my home garden hobby system, I have the same bucket of nutrients sitting the entire winter, started using up again this spring and getting great results. 0 problem with clogging drippers/pumps.

Attachments

• 2017-09-01 (1).jpg
    2017-09-01 (1).jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 2017-09-01 (3).jpg
    2017-09-01 (3).jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 2017-09-01.jpg
    2017-09-01.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 36
  • image5905.jpg
    image5905.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 34

Medfinder

Chemon 91
this nute kicks ass!
i got a few samples ans so far my plants look super healthy for a one part.
i honestly haven't touched my veg and bloom nutes in awhile.
im liking jacks and calnit for the most part but this kicks ass!
res gets dirty and ph does drift up, so i start low and get that nice ph swing that the ladies love.

i just bought the 10 kilo package too, worth the $$ tbh.

YUP!

using megacrop one part with redline... here is some kush indoor led bud

picture.php

picture.php

Pro Headies

Veteran
Ok so I've ran a few plants I've had for years with MC and in my genetic test area also. I think it's the best veg fert I've used but not in bloom. Plants grown with MC all have less flavor and finish either way to green or with weird deficiencies probably related to lack of P. I also don't like how it becomes a clump of hard to work with mess over time. I've tried using MC all the way through bloom, used it until 3rd week of bloom switching over to dirty formula v+b for rest of bloom, and have tried it only in veg and switched over to v+B on first day of bloom. Without question best method for me with best tasting highest yielding end product is running Megacrop in veg only then switching over to vegbloom for all of bloom.

FlaDankster

Veteran
Ok so I've ran a few plants I've had for years with MC and in my genetic test area also. I think it's the best veg fert I've used but not in bloom. Plants grown with MC all have less flavor and finish either way to green or with weird deficiencies probably related to lack of P. I also don't like how it becomes a clump of hard to work with mess over time. I've tried using MC all the way through bloom, used it until 3rd week of bloom switching over to dirty formula v+b for rest of bloom, and have tried it only in veg and switched over to v+B on first day of bloom. Without question best method for me with best tasting highest yielding end product is running Megacrop in veg only then switching over to vegbloom for all of bloom.

I think it's September they are supposed to have a revised formula.

It looks like Megacrop is perfect match to Fatman's Bloom formula for Drain-To-Waste High pressure aeropomics.

Fatman's--------------------Megacrop

N-----100--------------------100
P-----25--------------------24
K-----112--------------------124
Mg----12.5--------------------20
Ca-----31.25--------------------67
S-----16.5--------------------11.4

Good!

GLN, in the feed chart it’s stated that a 22lbs can make 2000 gal. So I assume I can probably do one 22lbs for 2200 gal since I have a 1100 gal res. Correct?
I was thinking feeding every time I water, is it recommend to feed this way with this?

p0opstlnksal0t

I'm having trouble with MegaCrop, contacted them already, waiting for my next rez change to data log details to them.
Anyway, I need to keep my res for about 1 week and with MegaCrop the reservoir gets all funky, with sediments and brown stuff all over. Pumps, reservoir walls, tubing, everything gets stained with slimey stuff.
Its a sterile rez by the way, not DWC, I drip feed. But need to keep it clean and automatic. With megacrop its proving impossible... I'm guessing maybe the organic stuff which is in powdered form is not fully soluble and gunks up too quick.

is it a cyanobacteria? https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=267488

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=282376&highlight=cyanobacteria

FlaDankster

Veteran
I've been using MegaCrop for the past 3-4 months and my plants love it. I use it all the way through my grow cycle.

My set-up is simple:
- 1000W HPS
- 4' x 4' x 6.5' tent
- 3-gal black plastic pots / FFOF w/ dolomite lime
- Aurora Soul "Nitrogen", Aurora "Big Swell" Booster

I've used Canna, Gen Hydro, and Aurora lines; MegaCrop has done better than all of them. I don't fear any deficiencies, only add nitrogen during veg for strains that have a particular need. I do use a few additives for plant-specific/ situation specific needs but with several runs under my belt with this line, I know that I'll never change.

I think you are the first person i've seen say they are adding more N to megacrop.

If there is any thing i would think MC would not need is more N.

Have you had a lack of N in your grows with MC??

Sign

I just ordered a sample size. For the ultimate in lazy growing I could expect to be able to mix this to my 120ppm tap and add nothing else each feeding for the entire cycle and expect adequate yields right?

Even if I got a bit less yield it'd totally be worth it to not have to mess around with extras. My idea of maintenance is a quick "looks fine" check every couple days. Last run of osmocote went great minus a couple extremely minor issues but I like trying new things.

BillFarthing

Veteran
I added 1/4 tsp./gallon of MKP and didn't notice any magnesium deficiency, probably thanks to their biostimulants in the bag. I would really suggest they don't adjust the formula for similiarities to GLOW and Fatman's formulas.

We are suggesting to add a PK boost for Bloom Phase now for experienced growers. So just using MC as a base for the entire grow, and for bloom phase adding in PK boost to boost PK and add 0 nitrogen.

So, this would save a ton of money compared to using V+B for entire bloom phase. According to their site I just looked up, the NPK for VB is extremely similar to MEGA CROP. So you have to ask what is the difference causing the different results? then you can adjust accordingly

VBDirty_Label_large.png

GLN, in the feed chart it’s stated that a 22lbs can make 2000 gal. So I assume I can probably do one 22lbs for 2200 gal since I have a 1100 gal res. Correct?
I was thinking feeding every time I water, is it recommend to feed this way with this?
That is a ballpark, if you estimate the entire grow based on Week 1 bloom feeding suggestion, the bag would last 2000 Gallons. For veg it would last about 2600 Gallons

I just ordered a sample size. For the ultimate in lazy growing I could expect to be able to mix this to my 120ppm tap and add nothing else each feeding for the entire cycle and expect adequate yields right?

Even if I got a bit less yield it'd totally be worth it to not have to mess around with extras. My idea of maintenance is a quick "looks fine" check every couple days. Last run of osmocote went great minus a couple extremely minor issues but I like trying new things.
yes exactly, very KISS it should be quite a bit better than Osmocote as well
I added 1/4 tsp./gallon of MKP and didn't notice any magnesium deficiency, probably thanks to their biostimulants in the bag. I would really suggest they don't adjust the formula for similiarities to GLOW and Fatman's formulas.
Magnesium deficiency depends a lot on the strain and growing media. We had it set at 2% magnesium, and this seemed to be a very adequate baseline, but a few people reported Magnesium deficiencies, so we didn't account for every factor I guess! So in the next MEGA CROP release we are going to boost magnesium from 2% to 2.5-3% which should account for even difficult strains in adverse growing conditions.

So by the way, we are making a few slight adjustments in the revised MEGA CROP formula probably in 2-3 months. Right now the changes planned are:
1) Boost magnesium from 2% to 2.5-3% base

2) Boost Silica (Si) about 10-15%
3) Boost L-Amino Acid contents a bit. Why? becasue we love them and think they really contribute to healthier/improved plant growth and development

a few possible changes on the table,
a) slightly boosting P ratio (nothing major, maybe around 5% of previous). This will help maximum compatibility with all different types of media/growing methods, and make it slightly better as a standalone for Bloom

Also, we are spending a bunch of money to upgrade the bags/bagging/packing, so the packaging will be easier to seal and reseal and resist moisture. Something ballpark similar to this sort of design
277.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts