What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ready Gro & Nute Getting Started Questions

G

TK,

I'm setting up a 3 X 3 table... 5 X 5 pots... Ready Gro... RO water... 30 gallon res... 1000 watt HPS. This will be my first run with it.

Nutes and Supplements: PBP Grow and Bloom, Liquid Karma, Cal-Mag, Silica Blast, Hydroplex, Hydroguard, Super Thrive and Clearex.

Initially I'll have about 20 pots with clones 6-8 inches tall and will top once.

Should I fill out the rest of the table with pots filled with Ready Gro? Or do I not worry about light penetration to the table in empty areas?

What combination of nutes would be best to start with? My tank is filled with RO water.

What flood frequency and durations?

Ventilation, temperatures (resevoir and room) are good. Are there any other questions I should be asking to get this show on the road?

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My table is 4x2 and flood every 4 hours with lights on for 15 min coming up about 1 1/2 inch of the pots. And once for 10 min with light out. I also started with 1/2 strenght nutes have found if you follow the bottle ppm are to high for me. They have a chart on their web site and is posted in one of these threads. Don't really use a ph meter anymore THE BUFFER WORKS expecially if you are using ro water. Good luck your gonna love this stuff Maistre.

Mr.Wags

G

Thanks mrwags... I've been following your thread daily. Texas Kid's grows just amaze me. We've got a terrific mentor here and I'm sure the results will follow.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not trying to beat a horse Maistre but monkey see monkey do. Thus far this has been the most successful single grow for me and have copied about everything I could except for the talent of course I figure a nother grow of the east nlxbb strain and then move up to the top shelf beans these guys make us newbies slobber over.

Mr.Wags

G

Cool beans Maistre, your in the game now.

You got all the bases covered on the nutes although I do not get any value out of the Hydroguard in a e&f setup plus it will make your ph go insane.imo
The Hydroplex as a bloom booster is a nice choice also.

(18) to (20) 5.25" pots are about all you can really get on those tables unless running a true SOG where you cut all side branching and leaves. The plants spread out alot during the process and need a little room to breathe. Don't worry about the open spaces on the table, it is a non-issue. The canopy grows in so fast that there is little light penetration all the way to the table anyways. I found it just doesn't matter. Exposed roots out the bottom of the pots is another non-issue. It doesn't seem to make a difference either way that I have found.

I have cut my flood cycles down to only 2 when using the Ready Gro. With hydrotron I was at every 4 hours during lights on. No I flood once for 30 minutes at the begining of lights on and toward the end once more.

Top once at the 4th node and veg 7-10 more days then flip to 12/12.

What are ya growin?

30 gallon res start out at 15ml/gallon of PBP veg, 5ml/gallon of Liquid Karma, 5ml/gallon of Silica Blast, and 5ml/gallon of Cal-Mag. That should be half strength if I remember right. You should be somewhere around 700-800ppm. Run that concentration for a week and then add 5 gallons at a time mixing to full strength and topping off or adding to your res. As they get bigger they start to drink alot more so get ready.I went through almost 350 gallons on my last flower run of 20 plants.

This should start to ramp up your ppm's to 900-1100 and I hold that all the way through the veg changing the res completely evry third week and starting over at full strength each time after the first.

Temps, 70-90 is my range most of the time and 60-70% humidity. You'll definately need fans and exhaust. Don't mount the ballast of your 1K in your grow room they kick off a ton of heat.

Res temps i just rely on ambiant temps of the room to regulate.

Paint the walls flat white, something mildew proof.

Tex

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maistre said:
Texas Kid's grows just amaze me. We've got a terrific mentor here and I'm sure the results will follow.

Oh yes I do believe we do. I believe the above post says it all.

Mr.Wags

G

Grrrrrr... VBulletin ate my post!

Grrrrrr... VBulletin ate my post!

Texas Kid... Thanks for the help man...

I've recently moved and just sort of getting back into the swing of things. A couple of BOG's LSD survived so I've had them flowering away. I took some clones and have 10 of an indica/sativa cross and 3 of a more sativa pheno... both smell like strawberry sex. Just an amazing scent.

2292lsd-42-days-03-med.jpg

I also received a Garden in a Box containing 2 Bubblegum and 7 White Russian rooted clones that will be added to the mix. In the box were also 4 AK-47 cuttings... they are in rapid rooters under a dome. IF I can get them to root... they too will join the dance.

Unfortunately, I lost my Golden Skush, Rescue Me and Great White Shark moms during the move... BUT thanks to the generosity of another ICmag member, I have something worthy to bring to the table.

2292minigarden-05-med.jpg

So... this will go on the table in about a week.

229220-clones-med.jpg

My room is 8' X 5' and in the basement... Ceiling and walls are white panda plastic. Temps run about 84 with lights on and 64 with lights out... Res temp is 68.

The light is a PL with a 1000 watt Hortilux on a 6' Light Rail. The ballast is mounted outside the room.

This is my third grow since August... I have found a new love in growing. There is nothing more satisfying than smoking my own stuff.

Soooooooo... BAM!!!

It's time to kick it up a notch.

Mr. Wags... I hooked up on the nute regimen from a previous TK post... same goes for the Ready Gro... I just knew someday... I had to do this setup after seeing TK's kickass results.

G

That's an awesome lineup man

I had a badass LSD plant a couple rounds ago, trippy sweet and sour smell.

You'll have kickass results ya wait and see

Tex

G

The LSD has this incredible scent... yah just want to fondle her and sniff your stinky fingers.

TK... I'm curious... as to how tall you veg your gals before 12/12?

G

I vegged my youngins till they are around 8"-12" tall from clone. If I want to flower a bush I will prune and veg a little longer.

LSD is nice for sure. I ran mine a little longer than recommended by BOG and it get's real stoney

Tex

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Hi there. U may have seen my thread about my new aquafarms. I'm wondering if this ready-gro would be any use in them??, maybe if had a layer of hydroton in the bottom of the inner container. Whaddayou guys all think??? I h8 Hydroton already, lol.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If not Harry I've used this as well before the ready gro http://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=SSS302 I liked it a hell of a lot better than chasing those damn balls. I've never used a water farm I think I read were Tex did. But will say it holds a lot more moisture than the rocks by far.

Mr.Wags

G

I played with a waterfarm a couple of years ago and loved it. That setup with the Hydrotron and a couple buckets is real nice.

You could cut your topfeed cycles down for sure with Ready Gro and then once the roots reach the bottom you kick off the topfeed and are only feeding the root mass. I would add another air bubbler in the bottom. If you use the multi bucket with the controller just follow HOG's grows(basically the same)

Tex

G

Maistre
Is hydroguard good for getting rid of algae?
Or do you know what is good for that?

sack

G

damn... I guess I missed this question.

Sack... I used the Hydroguard in some DWC tubblers... it's supposed to aid the roots. Not sure about algae... BUT... IF you have algae in your res... you have a light leak. Block the light and your problem is solved. Clean out your res real good and refill and you should be good to go.

Good growing to yah my friend.

Latest posts

Latest posts