What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Warning to the Hydro Organic Growers

G

Well, was talking to TK last night through PM. See, i got this nasty smell coming from my grow. Well, i just switched over to the complete line of Bio-Bizz and wanted to give it a run. Well, the smell was so bad, i had to turn up my Vaportek to number 7 on the dial to fight the smell. The smell was so bad, it smelled like a dead body in there. This is a major problem for me and i can't have this. This morning i check the Rez and this is what i found. I got this funk floating ontop of the water and NUtz. I mean this stuff smells BAD. Well, i pulled everything and started cleaning the table and dumped the Nutz and cleaned the Rez. My question and yes Billygoat has problems just like everyone else. Has this ever happen to anyone else using Bio-Bizz? I'm thinking maybe the Rez wasn't clean enough before i mixed that batch and some pathogens where in the rez and started feeding on the Nutz or something. I cleaned everything, and replaced the Nutz with Pure Blend Pro. I've used this stuff for awhile now and never had one problem. I don't got time to take a chance on another batch doing this and i'll test run somemore Bio-Bizz once i get back from my trip. I want to hear from anyone that has had a problem like this with Bio-Bizz or other organic nutz.
Thanks everyone
63Funk-med.JPG

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
^^^^^
Ugh! Nasty fert sewage!

Yeah, i'de like to second BG bid for info. Ive been fertlizing some soil plants with BioBizz... Next run, ill be switchin over to Hydro-Organic and was planning on using BioBizz.....

bartender187

T

tricky

from wot i know this product does not stand well i would never use this as a hydro grow as i tried to mix some in advance and yes i got that bad smell and the scum on top,i think u have to mix this stuff as u need it ie hand feed

just my 2 cents :wave:

full time daddy
Veteran
i have not had any prob's with pbp..... never got the chance to try bio-bizz..........guess i might be wait to try also after this :)

G

I'm not knocking this product. In two day the little clones were sucking this stuff down and they seem to love. TK has used it with great results and i'm sure he'll pop in here and give us some feedback. For now, i'm just going to use my normal mix of the PBP products, because i know it well and the stuff doesn't smell after you mix it up. Will see what others have to say and i'll test a run after i get back. It was some very nasty stuff.
Yuck
Take care everyone

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Yep...happened to me too with Bio-Bizz

Yep...happened to me too with Bio-Bizz

Bio-Bizz did exactly the same thing to me BG the first, and last time I ever used it. The temp in the room was a bit warm (around 84F) and in only a few hours the entire room reaked of dead bloody meat with a scum surface floating in the res, it was foaming up, working itself as though there was yeast in it. :mad: After having to get a water hose and siphen 100 gallons out...that I had just filled a few hours prior....I didn't even bother to figure out what caused the problem. I sort of dismissed it as being the heat in the room and perhaps not the best nutes that caused it.

:wave:dg

G

Thanks Dutch, I was thinking it was Pathogens and i'm sure that's what happen. The heat and it festering in the Rez. I guess i'll be switching back to PBP for now and wait till my Advance Nutz come in and try it. I think it was around two days or so. Nice to hear some feedback from someone that has had the same problem with the same product. Thanks again Dutch and that what makes this place just so Awesome. :) Everyone helping each other.
Take care

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
^^^
what type of advance nutes did you order? I was lookin at the Iguana Bloom and grow but my local hydro store doesnt stock em'

bartender187

G

Advanced Nutrients Grow, Micro and Bloom. If it's going to yield as muuch as they say it does, then i'll flush the chemicals out with that flush stuff that GH has on the market. I'm going to give it a try and see the differents on Yield and taste, then i'll figure out if i want to grow with it. If it doesn't work out, i'll just keep with the PBP stuff and add the Bio-Bizz TopMax to it. I think the problem was the ALG-A_MIC i used from Bio-Bizz that caused the problems, but i'll figure it out once i do a test run. I don't thinking adding TopMax to my mixture of PBP and Cal-Mag Pro is going to cause the stink like all the Bio-Bizz stuff. I'll know after the testing.
Later

G

It looked like you were making beer there BG.

i'll drop the guys at Bio Bizz a line and see what they say. They usually get back to me in a couple of days.

The Top Max used in place of Kool Bloom did not smell at all and performed out of this world.

Tex

full time daddy
Veteran
BillyGoat

BillyGoat

BillyGoat said:
Advanced Nutrients Grow, Micro and Bloom. If it's going to yield as muuch as they say it does, then i'll flush the chemicals out with that flush stuff that GH has on the market. I'm going to give it a try and see the differents on Yield and taste, then i'll figure out if i want to grow with it. If it doesn't work out, i'll just keep with the PBP stuff and add the Bio-Bizz TopMax to it. I think the problem was the ALG-A_MIC i used from Bio-Bizz that caused the problems, but i'll figure it out once i do a test run. I don't thinking adding TopMax to my mixture of PBP and Cal-Mag Pro is going to cause the stink like all the Bio-Bizz stuff. I'll know after the testing.
Later

i just started with advanced nute's i must say i am very impressed with them so far......(as far as growth)
and the grow micro bloom is no more then gh at my hydrostore.
same with the big bud as to koolbloom.
the voodoo is the higher priced one of them*but i lov it*
they dont carry the pirania so i did not get a chance to get it maybe next time....
i allso got the b-52,sensizym, barracade,cal-mag. im sticking with gh diamond necter for fulvic acid. be cuz of price.

all be getting all the bloom add'in's allso (overdrive,budblood,bigbud,final phase) we will see :)

if not the taste i want im going back to pbp as well

Last edited:
G

Thanks TK

I'm also going to try the Big Bud also and see what it does. I think for now i'm going to just use the PBP with the TopMax added to it and see what it does. Lucky, i only bought the small bottles of the Bio-Bizz and i can just use it up with the mother plants in soil,if i'm not going to keep it after testing.
Later

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Hi there, sorry to hijack, but on the subject of nutes, has any1 useed vita-links range, ill be starting hydro in a week or so, and this is what the guy in my hydro shop is recommending, he does have more expensive things so hes not just tryiong to push it coz of price, but there r cheaper things as well, just wondering if any1 has experience with them?

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
the grow and bloom arent meant for a res, u sposed to just use it as u need it, ythe other stuff is ok though, like topmax

Dr. D

Veteran
Harrys right

Harrys right

Look on the bottle it says use once diluted, top max can b used in any grow medium and iv had good results with it, i use the full range soil and all. peace