What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Dwarf-ism ?!

St. Phatty

attachment.php

attachment.php

The little one is 4+ months old.

The bigger one is about 6 weeks.

They're in mostly the same soil - G&B potting soil mix. And they get watered at the same time. The little one is being treated the same as the 10 plants around it, who are all growing normally. A few re-gens, and a bunch of seedlings.

I don't like to kill plants unless they're males that are not worth using as pollinators.

It's sort of like the small plant is hibernating. I've had that experience with seedlings (from other species) in heat - they don't die, but they don't grow.

Guess I'll move the tiny plant to a place where it gets morning sun, but is protected from afternoon sun+heat.

Anyway, it's just wierd because I thought the little one would die. but it has been adding tiny branches !

Maybe it's the heat ... maybe it's the soil ... maybe it's the genetics.

Attachments

• IMG_20190612_111121_+__.jpg
    IMG_20190612_111121_+__.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20190612_111129_+__.jpg
    IMG_20190612_111129_+__.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 33

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It happens....doubtful it'll grow gargantuan like the one next to it. If it were me, I'd pitch it, transplant or replant.

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
Lawrence Ringo once told me he never culled the slow and dwarf once since he found gems especially in those!

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
In that first picture, the medium (soil) looks way too wet for a tiny plant that size...

That can stunt a plant..

St. Phatty

In that first picture, the medium (soil) looks way too wet for a tiny plant that size...

That can stunt a plant..

I took the pic right after morning watering.

The root on the tiny one was exposed a few weeks ago.

Just one little white root, about 2 inches long.

I moved that plant so that is now protected from afternoon sun.
(possible solution #1).

The other thing I was thinking about trying is, watering it with a solution of Rootone. Or some other root enhancer solution.

I have had good luck with some small plants in the past, also. Where they turned out good.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
If it had the same structure as the big ones, then ya. Other wise it's a runt.

I have a NL Super Auto regular that produces a dwarf that appears 1 in 40 plants. Normal plants are 6-8 feet. The dwarf is 12 inches on it's tipy toes. I have several hundred in the ground and I'm trying to isolate it. I have 3 nice females so far. I'm visiting a big patch on Saturday hoping to find more. some have branching, some are single cola. I still need a male.

picture.php

picture.php

A few people told me to kill it, but I think a lot of people would like a nice balcony plant.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I did. But with very unexpected results.

I grew some out and had about 5 very different phenos. Only one very tall, a couple dwarfs, and the rest about 30". Some interesting indica looking were the deepest green I've seen. They stood out against a green forest background. Like a very dark emerald. Small but not stealthy at all.

The dwarfs were female again so I hit them with last year's male pollen again. I wish my old man was still alive to tell me what to do because I'm flying blind here.

aliceklar

Sounds like you are going about this the right way by back-crossing to the father. Saving pollen was a wise move! How many are you going to grow out next time? Fingers crossed you get some dwarf males.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
My legal circumstance have changed so I can do a couple hundred indoor. I'm starting after this harvest. I'll keep them coming and cull the ones that grow taller than 2'. They're easy to identify because they start flowering at 4 weeks from seed. The downside is that the number of seeds from such a small plant is limited.

aliceklar

If you're lucky, that backcross might mean you get 50% dwarfs next time. Please keep posting - great project :)

Latest posts

Latest posts