What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Martial Law in the uk? If no deal brexit

Gry

Not really going it alone, more like following in the footsteps of the US.
For the US, a dependable shoulder has greater value than ever.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes - he does seem to have that effect on quite a few people - but of course it would be great if it turned out that he was a closet cannabis grower - lol

G,,,,yeah he willgrow Monsanto,,,,heavy metals ,,all type of “dark arts”cos it will be all about the ££££,,,
Perish the thought,, s2:tiphat:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
did you hear the eu offering Briton a sweetheart trade deal, as long as they have the same workers rights and health and safety, ecologic regs? no new tariffs, no import dues. all the same deal as before, but without giving up the sovereign right to make laws and without paying the crazy amount to be a member. isn't it funny how the tone of the eurocrats has changed once it was clear that they couldn't stop brexit happening.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
did you hear the eu offering Briton a sweetheart trade deal, as long as they have the same workers rights and health and safety, ecologic regs? no new tariffs, no import dues. all the same deal as before, but without giving up the sovereign right to make laws and without paying the crazy amount to be a member. isn't it funny how the tone of the eurocrats has changed once it was clear that they couldn't stop brexit happening.

Yes,,a whole new tone and attitude ,,,better to be on the inside pissing out then the outside pissing in',,, hypocrisy from both sides is amazing,,s2,

T

Teddybrae

Over here ... in the Land of Oz, we get a fair bit of Brexit stuff on the News. This is because so many of you Pommy's have emigrated here. Anyway ...

Last night's news showed UK Parliamentarians shedding tears after the final Brexit vote went through. I assume this was relief at getting the job done ...

And I was wondering: why don't they shed tears over Climate Change and mass Extinctions?

So if a society is as fickle as its Parliamentarians, that Society probably needs to be governed by a Dictatorship with Army support.

Politically speaking you would be getting what you deserve.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Over here ... in the Land of Oz, we get a fair bit of Brexit stuff on the News. This is because so many of you Pommy's have emigrated here. Anyway ...

Last night's news showed UK Parliamentarians shedding tears after the final Brexit vote went through. I assume this was relief at getting the job done ...

And I was wondering: why don't they shed tears over Climate Change and mass Extinctions?

So if a society is as fickle as its Parliamentarians, that Society probably needs to be governed by a Dictatorship with Army support.

Politically speaking you would be getting what you deserve.

Your always consistent with your hatred for the English Teddy,,, Yawn, yawn,,treble yawn,,,s2

For all the cries of you won't be able to survive outside the EU, but really the EU are scared that the UK will compete with them and insist on a "level playing field".

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yes - now the UK can become what its been for a while now - the new Switzerland - where all the oligarch's and their black money can find a home - and that's one of the main reasons Brexit happened in my view - since the EEC was just about to go after all this suspect/hidden money in tax-free havens that European residents have - a large proportion of them in the UK -

Nobody needs to carry any I.D. - all the crim's of the world - with money - can come here - and disappear - all the fake students in the world can still come here on a student visa - and get a job in a restaurant - then disappear - we still have 2000 miles plus of coastline - so its a piece of cake if anyone else wants in - all you need is a rubber dingy and enough English to claim you are a refugee - then all the supposedly broke social services will fall over themselves to help you get properly settled - while lunatics are turned onto the streets from the asylums - there is no room, or money for all the violent crims in the jails - and the life-time tax paying elderly can't even get into a care home when they really need to - nor a doctors appointment in the next week or two - due to medical and social services stretched beyond being fit-for-purpose - due to so many more millions of people they have to cope with - without the funds or infrastructure to cope with it -

Perhaps Brexit will bring greater prosperity? - but I suspect that it will be for the few - and not the many -

Perhaps Brexit will bring greater prosperity? - but I suspect that it will be for the few - and not the many -

80% of everything is for the few, it's called the Pareto distribution. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_distribution

"is a power-law probability distribution that is used in description of social, scientific, geophysical, actuarial, and many other types of observable phenomena. Originally applied to describing the distribution of wealth in a society, fitting the trend that a large portion of wealth is held by a small fraction of the population, the Pareto distribution has colloquially become known and referred to as the Pareto principle, or "80-20 rule", and is sometimes called the "Matthew principle". This rule states that, for example, 80% of the wealth of a society is held by 20% of its population."

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I think that it can be explained here a little easier Chris P. -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DANUXO-GQwU
Americans know wealth inequality is a problem, but what does it look like?

80% of everything is for the few, it's called the Pareto distribution. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_distribution

"is a power-law probability distribution that is used in description of social, scientific, geophysical, actuarial, and many other types of observable phenomena. Originally applied to describing the distribution of wealth in a society, fitting the trend that a large portion of wealth is held by a small fraction of the population, the Pareto distribution has colloquially become known and referred to as the Pareto principle, or "80-20 rule", and is sometimes called the "Matthew principle". This rule states that, for example, 80% of the wealth of a society is held by 20% of its population."

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Nick Hanauer, capitalist, and is in the top .01% of all earners.

"Rich capitalists like me have never been richer."

[iframe1]th3KE_H27bs[/iframe1]

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Yes - now the UK can become what its been for a while now - the new Switzerland - where all the oligarch's and their black money can find a home - and that's one of the main reasons Brexit happened in my view - since the EEC was just about to go after all this suspect/hidden money in tax-free havens that European residents have - a large proportion of them in the UK -

Nobody needs to carry any I.D. - all the crim's of the world - with money - can come here - and disappear - all the fake students in the world can still come here on a student visa - and get a job in a restaurant - then disappear - we still have 2000 miles plus of coastline - so its a piece of cake if anyone else wants in - all you need is a rubber dingy and enough English to claim you are a refugee - then all the supposedly broke social services will fall over themselves to help you get properly settled - while lunatics are turned onto the streets from the asylums - there is no room, or money for all the violent crims in the jails - and the life-time tax paying elderly can't even get into a care home when they really need to - nor a doctors appointment in the next week or two - due to medical and social services stretched beyond being fit-for-purpose - due to so many more millions of people they have to cope with - without the funds or infrastructure to cope with it -

ouch, crazy how there is always so much bad with the good. i hope things start looking up for you guys. thats quite a pessimistic/realist view point you got there lol. in the end all those problems will be easier to deal with as a sovereign nation state, no?

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
Is anybody in Britain Talking about the Brexit in the Moment? I mean it seriuos, did any politican say something about corona and the brexit?

Latest posts

Latest posts