What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can you transplant smart pots without removing them?

Benvanboro

It's time to transplant! I'm in 1gal smart pots and the roots are busting out all over.
I was going to delicately remove them from the pots before transplanting but from how it looks I feel like I could just leave it in the cloth pot and surround it with medium in a bigger pot. I'm growing in Coco by the way.
Here's a picture!

Attachments

• IMG_9053.jpg
    IMG_9053.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 9

Benvanboro

I found leaving them in fabric pots stunted root growth. I cut the fabric with a carpet knife.

That's what I was originally planning, but they seem to be coming through just fine. I think I'm going to still cut them though just to free them up

HatchBrew

Veteran
I put a twenty gallon smart pot re-vegged plant from winter run into raised bed last summer...grew great.... after harvest let it sit for a couple weeks that pulled it out... pot was in good condition.

No transplant shock or fucking up roots. I just transplanted all my herbs from 5 gallon smart pots into the ground. But did it during cool, rainy times, so all is well now a month later

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Put the smart pot on top of an upturned plastic pot and pull it off like a sleeve.

Latest posts

Latest posts