What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1000w coco headstyle pre-grow setup

paperchaser825

Hello, what a nice thread putting your homework in details for the new growers to cut sometime off of the bulk information floating around. Thanks bro.

I would like to ask how much cal mag plus did you add in to stabelize your ro water?

Thanks,

Rice

I don't use RO water. I think you have to do some type of calc to get your ratio to that of other members on the forum. There are calc's out there to do so though.

Phases

Hey Gotrice -
I use RO water and put 3-5ml/g of calmag to stabilize the water before adding nutrients.

However, in order to get your PH balanced I add potassium silicate to raise the PH and then the calmag and 6/9 micro/bloom will balance the PH.

If you don't put in ph up or potassium silicate before your nutrients your ph will be too low.

Pm me if you have any other questions.

GotRice

Thank you phase for the fast reply.

I am currently using veg+bloom ro/soft for Veg and always get Mag deficiency with light green grow. I uo the nutrients to fix them but then end up with a little burn. Can't seem to get it correct.

I'm looking for other friend nutrients for Veg theb flowers with Vèg+Bloom which i really like in the last run.

I'm searching right now and doing homework on 6/9.

What is your review on 6/9 in Veg on 100% coco coir?

Phases

6/9 and coco is super easy and works really well.
When I transplant clones I might feed them with 3/4.5 (half strength) a few times depending on how they look - but for the most part 6/9 works well throughout veg and bloom.

paperchaser825

Alright, alright alright.....

Many setbacks. Many accomplishments. All in all another mediocre grow. lol.

I had a super fuck up recently. The main line on my feed line is not very long. In fact, it is short enough that if the pump jolts the water line a bit the line falls into the fucking reservoir. When it does that the nipple where the 3/4" line disperses into 1/4" lines functions as a MOTHERFUCKING SIPHON. Needless to say my grow room was a bit flooded. All in all though it was a quick clean-up. Luckily the tote I had under the plant was used as a sort of retention device and most of the water stayed in there. The goddamn plant looked like a sunken pirate ship with the pot floating in the tote and the plant flopped over. NOW....all that being said....who gives a SHIT because IT'S A MALE YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

I'm kidding a bit. I'm a bit miffed that it is a male, but then again, I had one plant to choose from so that's 100% my fault.

I'm going to look into this weirdo science of identifying females from visual indicators of the seeds. That looks interesting. I think I'm going to pop my Ghost Train Haze seeds too.

We shall see.

Pics for the shit of it.

Attachments

• 20171229_221215[1].jpg
    20171229_221215[1].jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20171229_221204[1].jpg
    20171229_221204[1].jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20171229_221153[1].jpg
    20171229_221153[1].jpg
    51 KB · Views: 9

paperchaser825

If I was in a 5x5 tent I really wouldn't bother things like co2. I'd just run sealed air cooled hoods with a thermostat set to 80, with ducts intaking outside the tent running through lights and back outside the tent keeping tent sealed. Then id run an exhaust on a humidistat set to 70% humidity. They sell "titan digital enviromental controllers" that just control temperature and humidity. They are only around 160 bucks and I'd recommend them over a controller with co2 for your situation. Controllers get far more expensive when it has co2 controls usually more than double . Doing that you can still run vpd at 80f/70% easily without many moving parts. In a tent it would be hard to try and replicate a 85f 75% room with humidifier. And if you werent running co2, youd want temps and rh lower. Since you are limited in space you need to approach things very minimally. With a simple design like that you can do very well in tent. Hope that helps

Found some more gold from the DJM Tree thread. :woohoo:

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Alright, alright alright.....

Many setbacks. Many accomplishments. All in all another mediocre grow. lol.

I had a super fuck up recently. The main line on my feed line is not very long. In fact, it is short enough that if the pump jolts the water line a bit the line falls into the fucking reservoir. When it does that the nipple where the 3/4" line disperses into 1/4" lines functions as a MOTHERFUCKING SIPHON. Needless to say my grow room was a bit flooded. All in all though it was a quick clean-up. Luckily the tote I had under the plant was used as a sort of retention device and most of the water stayed in there. The goddamn plant looked like a sunken pirate ship with the pot floating in the tote and the plant flopped over. NOW....all that being said....who gives a SHIT because IT'S A MALE YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

I'm kidding a bit. I'm a bit miffed that it is a male, but then again, I had one plant to choose from so that's 100% my fault.

I'm going to look into this weirdo science of identifying females from visual indicators of the seeds. That looks interesting. I think I'm going to pop my Ghost Train Haze seeds too.

We shall see.

Pics for the shit of it.

Fem seeds guy, fuck that sexing plants:tiphat:

paperchaser825

Fem seeds guy, fuck that sexing plants:tiphat:

So how exactly does this work out these days? From my experience from about 10 years ago, the fem seeds were considered inferior in quality. I never understood that as it seemed we were just hard determining the sex of the plant with the colloidal silver. Are they still doing it that way? Are these concerns still present in the grower community?