What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

El Tigre's LED/ZEN tent

El Tigre

RUN 4: DRY WEIGHT & COST BREAKDOWN

RUN 4: DRY WEIGHT & COST BREAKDOWN

After 6 days the buds well dry were put into jars. This time i decided to use some BOVEDA 62 i had from a long time.
Dry weight after few days into jars is:
AFRICAN QUEEN: 36 g
RUSSIAN DOLL: 38 g
TOTAL WEIGHT: 74 g

Very happy with the results in terms of quantity, less for quality.
Plants were low smelling when alive and buds are the same, sure that high temps during last weeks didn't helped.
AFRICAN QUEEN (down on the pic) has airy buds with a acid fruity tropical smell with a hint of ammonia.
RUSSIAN DOLL (up on the pic) is more on the spicy/earthy side as odor. Low smell as said, has small buds that are dense like little rocks. She surprised me at the dry weight test.

picture.php

As promised I did a sort of cost breakdown of the run. If someone notes something wrong, please let me know i'll correct.
Seems that these little LEDS produce cheap quality buds, thank you again Blynx! :tiphat:
picture.php

Last edited:

MrCiccioba

Hey El Tigre :tiphat:

nice run, look at those buds !!:biggrin:
and very usefull cost breakdown, can't wait for your future runs.

Good luck and enjoy your full pots :biggrin:

Goats

can't beat that cost! next run will be even cheaper because you have the equipment now as well.

El Tigre

can't beat that cost! next run will be even cheaper because you have the equipment now as well.

Hey Goats happy to see you here!
Actually that was my 4th run, so i had already the equipment from a long time :biggrin:
The cost breakdown instead was just an hypothetical calculation that takes into account an hypothetical amortization of the equipment for each round.
In simple words just something I did for pleasing my nerd side. It was obvious that the grow was cheap :laughing:

El Tigre

RUN 5

RUN 5

Hey El Tigre :tiphat:

nice run, look at those buds !!:biggrin:
and very usefull cost breakdown, can't wait for your future runs.

Good luck and enjoy your full pots :biggrin:

Bella MrCiccioba! I don't let you wait for a long time, here's my 3 GREEN POISON F1 FAST VERSION survived after a troubling youth...
Previously in the tread i've mentioned a little about their adventures.
They went into the tent 5 days ago and seems to fell happy.
Were a little yellow (i think my grandma accidentally overwatered them) and had thrips damages on the leaves. I killed one motherfucker with my hand into the tent, so plants got a treatment with Spinosad.
Also gave them some grow nuts and cal mag by foliar application.
Now into the LED/ZEN tent:
picture.php

jonhova

Thx for passin' here man! I thought about teas and diy organics, but i've a such small place and honestly was to lazy, so i bought small bottles of nutes LOL
What kind of diy organics do you use?

You could do organics by recycling your soil. Have two sest of soil that rests with minimal ammendments added back in each grow.

If you search blynx thread on screw in LED's, he has his recipe he uses which is really simple. I asked him not that long ago his mehod so it should be easy to find.
Theres also the organics for beginners thread in the organics section by burn1 but know your tap waters ph before applying dolomite lime specifically in that mix. High ph water fuck shit up. It did for me at least.

Basic mix:
Peat moss: high quality compost or worm conpos(malibu bu and coast of maine in US)t: and perlite are thr base at 1:1:1 ratio.

Then add 1/2 - 3/4 cup per cubic foot of kelp meal, bone meal, alfalfa, crab meal, and a lime that conplements your water source. dolo lime for low ph tap water and calcitic lime or oyster shell flower for high ph tap water.

Reamend each 5 gallon container with a 1/4 cup of neem, crab meal, kelp and alfalfa before dropping it in a tote and mixing it up. Then wait 30-60 days for the amendments to settle and its better as time goes on. Basically as soon as you finish flowering the tub is ready to go.

If you have enrgy make an active aerated compost tea to kick up the active life in your soil. Not necessary at all. Really cheap way to do it.
And if you still have more time and energy you can make a worm bin for the highest quality compost.

Peace and nice grow bud i love it!

if you have spare room/shed/bathroom where you can stack a few containers (5g buckets should work if you want it small) you can start your organic route
there are plenty organic 'fertilizers' that require not much more than mixing it into your soil, second part is activation and last part is letting it sit for 2+ months till you use it

El Tigre

You could do organics by recycling your soil. Have two sest of soil that rests with minimal ammendments added back in each grow.

If you search blynx thread on screw in LED's, he has his recipe he uses which is really simple. I asked him not that long ago his mehod so it should be easy to find.
Theres also the organics for beginners thread in the organics section by burn1 but know your tap waters ph before applying dolomite lime specifically in that mix. High ph water fuck shit up. It did for me at least.

Basic mix:
Peat moss: high quality compost or worm conpos(malibu bu and coast of maine in US)t: and perlite are thr base at 1:1:1 ratio.

Then add 1/2 - 3/4 cup per cubic foot of kelp meal, bone meal, alfalfa, crab meal, and a lime that conplements your water source. dolo lime for low ph tap water and calcitic lime or oyster shell flower for high ph tap water.

Reamend each 5 gallon container with a 1/4 cup of neem, crab meal, kelp and alfalfa before dropping it in a tote and mixing it up. Then wait 30-60 days for the amendments to settle and its better as time goes on. Basically as soon as you finish flowering the tub is ready to go.

If you have enrgy make an active aerated compost tea to kick up the active life in your soil. Not necessary at all. Really cheap way to do it.
And if you still have more time and energy you can make a worm bin for the highest quality compost.

Peace and nice grow bud i love it!

if you have spare room/shed/bathroom where you can stack a few containers (5g buckets should work if you want it small) you can start your organic route
there are plenty organic 'fertilizers' that require not much more than mixing it into your soil, second part is activation and last part is letting it sit for 2+ months till you use it

Thx guys, information is very helpfull and apreciated! Actually my main problem is the lack of space... I'll take into consideration DIY organics in the future.
Before i need to finish the bottles that i already have :laughing:

El Tigre

Let's get back to my grow:
Well my family plans changed, so I don't need anymore to put away the tent at the middle of September. A little disappointed because genetic was chosen for that issue, but also happy to have enough time for doing my thing with no rush.

Vegetative stage proceeded well.
Plants were trained horizontally, no topping this time.
Also for this run I've decided to defoliate harder from the vegetative stage.
Some pictures:
picture.php

picture.php

Yesterday i've decided to switch to 12/12 light regime... FLOWERING TIME!!
picture.php

El Tigre

DAY 23 12/12

DAY 23 12/12

Here's the situation at my return.
Plants seems to not stretch anymore and i did an aggressive defoliation (unfortunately i accidentally deleted the pics before stripping fan leaves...).
I hope the plants react well since i saw good results by several people using this technique.
If not, well I like to try new things and sometimes shit happens :tiphat:

picture.php

Last edited:

El Tigre

DAY 30 12/12

DAY 30 12/12

One week and some training later...
picture.php

I have also fed plants with some "flower" nutrients.
Two plants with a more stretchy sativa phenotype charachteristcs.
One (in the centre) more indica style, less stretching and looks maturing faster.

picture.php

Goats

Everything looks healthy and happy ET. Might just build one of those screw in led cabs in the future. Maybe use it to experiment and pheno hunt for the main tent

El Tigre

Your buds look to be coming on strong. :tiphat:

I hope my friend! Thanks for passing here!:)

Everything looks healthy and happy ET. Might just build one of those screw in led cabs in the future. Maybe use it to experiment and pheno hunt for the main tent

Not a bad idea about the little additional cab/tent.
With a little expense (both for building and maintaining), you can get a decent space to experiment.
Buds will reflect well the possible results in a bigger setup, anyway!
See you soon :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts