What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Critical Kush Barneys Farm

deadein

IMG_1289.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
IMG_1290.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
IMG_1291.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
IMG_1292.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Critical Kush Barneys Farm 24 Days Old, Transplanted once from Red Beer Cups, fed 2 times 1ML of DNF Gro A & Gro B in the cups, 1 week ago, transplanted and fed plain water couple days ago, I plan on feeding 2.5 DNF A&B, I Havent really gave them that much food really.

The leafs are getting small brown spots, that give to what is pictured above.

Do I need Cal / Mag ?

I thought it might be the air being sucked out too fast and causing the air to be dry, temps are in the 70's with my big fans, and when i unhook my big fan the temps are 80's. Humitity is like 35%.

olekingkole

You didn't mention the medium. I use Roots potting soil and don't feed at all until flower. At 80 degrees, 35% is too low. Sounds like you have already figured out that your problem is likely to be a combination of too low humidity and too much nutrient. You might try placing a tray with a few inches of moist vermiculite under the pots to raise the humidity. It seems unlikely that you would have a Cal-Mag problem with plants this small.

Last edited:

skyspider

I think its a ph problem , it usually sorts itself out if you just give them water for 1-2 weeks that usually does it

deadein

The medium is Premium Potting Soil it says it has a small amount of fertilizer, (0.6 Nitrogen, and small amount of Potash) as perlite, black earth, lime.

I only added 1ml of grow to 1 gallon when they were in red cups, I transplanted and just fed water, I was planning on giving a proper nutreint 2.5 ml, when these pots dry out. I was thinking they might need food?

other than that I havent added anything in a week almost, disappointing when I dont know why im getting brown spots, that turn to dead growth, they are going on to 6 node now, should i feed a regular feeding of 2.5 ml gro a & B to 1 gallon or just use water again? they havent really got a good feeding unless there is enough already in the potting soil..

deadein

The soil bag says 0.6 - 0 - 0.5 for fertizler, do you think thats fine for veg and wont need any nutrient feed?

Please delete post before this MODS, thanks.

olekingkole

They would tell you if they needed to be fed by turning pale or spindly. Yours look fine except for the older, bottom leaves and that's where over fertilization shows up. In brief, salts accumulate in the tips and margins of older leaves, leading to leaf burn. Low humidity increases water loss through the tips and that means even more salt build up. The more salt build up, the more burn. Your new growth looks ok, so just water them and be patient.

skyspider

yes , to add to what olekingkole says , if your soil is premium stuff, personally i really wouldnt add ANY feed until they are around 4-6 weeks old .... wait till 4 weeks then slowly add nutes ...Most people make the over feed mistake (I know i did) .. but then i witnessed an amazing thing that changed how i thought about nutes etc ..
i was making cuttings in the shed , it was summer .. i put a cutting in a container with water , then i inadvertently forgot about it and left it for about 25 days ... when i returned , the cutting had grown (albeit spindly) into a lovely plant , with nothing more than water and sunlight , no nutes , no soil , nothing , just water and sunlight ...
some plants guzzle 'N' like its going out of fashion while others can more or less do a whole grow with very little if any nutes , but as said , its better to react to the plant , than the plant react to the feed

deadein

Thanks for the replys, if a mod could delete that garbage post up there, that would be great!

You guys are right, I didnt read the bag, my last grow I switched soils to this brand, and didnt think much of it. When I got home I checked and read the bag, it is good soil, but has a fertilizer included that says to start a 20-20-20 after 1 month ! So, i really dont need to do anything but add water for the time being !

When I switch to flower, and repot into the last pot with this soil again should I just continue to water with no nutes, or should I do a very small bit of flower nutes.

The bag says it has 0.6 - 0 - 0.5 (good for 1 month before fertilization is required)

Thanks for the replys, I was able to figure it out with your replys and some research on google and soils.

I moved them to the 250 HPS last light to veg, I find the CFL's are good for seedling stage and cloning but very slow growth, they looked very happy under more light and warm temps, going to water tonight and do a small flush, post some pics in a few weeks of whats going on with the grow. Im excited to try this Critical Kush, I been reading its a good potent strain!

HereIgrowagain

I recently ran a grow of critical kush from clone, unsure of exact strain, might have been from barneys originally I don't know. Lethal high, couch lock. Be very wary of bud rot, those colas get absolutely massive. Great yielder even after losing an oz or so per plant due to humidity problems.

Good luck.

Copperfield

Brown spots

Brown spots

[URL=http://s2.postimg.org/sepvuljwl/IMG_1289.jpg]View Image[/url]]View Image[/URL]
[URL=http://s2.postimg.org/o6v3luih1/IMG_1290.jpg]View Image[/url]]View Image[/URL]
[URL=http://s2.postimg.org/5akto9r7p/IMG_1291.jpg]View Image[/url]]View Image[/URL]
[URL=http://s2.postimg.org/5oqr1m0p1/IMG_1292.jpg]View Image[/url]]View Image[/URL]

Critical Kush Barneys Farm 24 Days Old, Transplanted once from Red Beer Cups, fed 2 times 1ML of DNF Gro A & Gro B in the cups, 1 week ago, transplanted and fed plain water couple days ago, I plan on feeding 2.5 DNF A&B, I Havent really gave them that much food really.

The leafs are getting small brown spots, that give to what is pictured above.

Do I need Cal / Mag ?

I thought it might be the air being sucked out too fast and causing the air to be dry, temps are in the 70's with my big fans, and when i unhook my big fan the temps are 80's. Humitity is like 35%.

Dude, could b wetness n soil?? It appears to b only on the edges so u might need some cal mag.... That herb looks fire tho bro!! I love how the leaves are all short n stout!! Looks like a monster n the making!'

deadein

Finally, after a few weeks of research, I ditched the soil i had, and bought some pro-miv ORGANIC veg & herb mix, the plants really took off after that switch of dirt. I now have fed them some Pure Blend Pro Grow/Bloom . Ill post some pics of them tomorrow and you will see how far they have come, they are now ending 2nd week flower, stretch seems to have stopped, they are in a small tent with an S&P TD Silent, Mountain Air Carbon Scrubber, a couple of fans. Pics to follow soon !

deadein

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

Critical Kush Barneys Farm 10 days into flower.

I have done 3 small grows previous to this with Blue Cheese from Barneys Farm, and this is my current grow that I have started up after a little break. I heard good things about the Critical Kush, so I decided to give it a try and see how it grows and smokes.

One thing I have noticed so far is they dont really smell that much, even in veg, nothing really, and 10 days into flower I am starting to smell a bit in the tent but nothing like the blue cheese, my blue cheese in veg, a couple of small plants was stinking, so far this strain in veg and into 2 weeks of flower has zero smell, or at least nothing to worry about. I do PUSH all the air into my carbon scrubber, I PUSH, only because it frees up so much more room, and the scrubber is damn heavy, so I decided to PUSH, and it's been going good.

The only problem I have is the units I bought were all in one systems so the ballast is inside the tent so my temps are a little high at 89/90, but they seems fine. One day I'll change that, any ideas on lowering the temps, im using passive intake currently, could a fan on the bottom bringing in air help? or will this screw up the negative pressure in the tent?

I am looking for good sleeping strains, I heard Night Nurse by Reeferman BC Bud Depot is good? Anyone know about this strain?

I post another update soon, hope you enjoy the show !

Tent
Cabinets for veg / clone
S&P TD-Silent 150
Mountain carbon Scrubber 620
150 HPS All in one unit
250 HPS All in one unit
Pure Blend Pro Grow/Bloom Soil
Promix Organic Veg & Herb Mix
Barneys Farm Critical Kush

Copperfield

Dude, nice work..... That CRITICAL looks like straight heat... I too am having some heat issues. Just hoping the weather changes for the colder/ better real soon!! Good luck

deadein

Look'n good. You might want to start slowly removing the bottom growth, just a little at a time. How big is the tent?

I was just thinking that when I took the pics, Last Night I took off the branches at the bottom that where not going to do anything, and this helped create some more space for the plants, and will direct that energy upward to the main branches, I did TOP or try and FIM in veg...I did get 2 - 4 main tops per plant. The tent is 4 x 2.5 x 5

My plant #3 has problems since the beginning, and the close had the same problems growing also, seems to yellow and have problems while all the others are doing great. So I got rid of clone #3 and wont be growing this #3 plant no more. 1,2,4,5 are doing great. These are out of the 5 fem seeds I bought.

New Pics to follow next week or so..

deadein

I too am having some heat issues. Just hoping the weather changes for the colder/ better real soon!! Good luck

LOL, me too, my tent will go down 3-4 degrees once the nights are real cold outside.

I noticed that these Critical Kush are growing a great bud formation this early in flower, its only been 2 weeks and they are already growing great, I dont know if that the Critical Kush strain or my switch to Pure Blend Pro Grow/Bloom and organic soil. The budding just seems to be moving along very fast for just finising stretch.

deadein

Critical Kush Barneys Farm Update

DAY 44 FLOWER
IMG_0096_Copy.jpg

IMG_0097_Copy.jpg

This is an update on my grow of Critical Kush from Barneys Farm. The grow has been going great ! I been using Pure Blend Pro Bloom, Pure Blend Grow, Liquid Karma.

They are HUGE, this strain at day 44 has huge weight. I also find that that they are starting to smell more now, (before this, not much smell) and I noticed the they are packing on weight and are starting to frost up now. If the smoke is as good as they say this might be a good keeper strain due to the weight they produce and the smell factor is great because I found they had little smell up to day 40 of flower. I grew Blue Cheese and they smell alot.

I have 3 plants that are starting to look finished and I have 2 others that look like they might go a bit longer. Im going to let them go 60-65 days and start checking them with my microscope soon.

Cant wait to try this smoke, will update with new photos right before harvest and smoke report soon. ! Thanks for viewing ! any input on Critical Kush -please reply.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Latest posts