What's new

Not enough legal weed.

I was reading an article that said that “they” would run out of recreational weed on the first day it is legal.
Hope they don’t forget the med users.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Don't worry, they are already signing deals to export to other countries and think that 10 acres are big farms, what could go wrong?

Gmack

Lp's don't have the capacity to supply Ontario alone when things go legal. Of course they won't have enough for the whole country. It's going to be a real shit show and totally defeat the reported reason for legalization. The black market will obviously be able to keep up to the demand as it won't change from its current numbers. They Feds are just drastically underestimating the demand.

Jonny Lan

Lp's don't have the capacity to supply Ontario alone when things go legal. Of course they won't have enough for the whole country. It's going to be a real shit show and totally defeat the reported reason for legalization. The black market will obviously be able to keep up to the demand as it won't change from its current numbers. They Feds are just drastically underestimating the demand.
Organigram is undergoing a 60 million dollar expansion and looking to employ people. they are holding a Job Fair at 750 Main st, Moncton on the 21 st. With all that money going into these companies makes me wonder...

Limeygreen

Veteran
Let's see how these guys are able to produce under normal agricultural farm sizes, 10 acre greenhouse is nothing in greenhouse production, I am curious about the quality and plant health issues, but I am sure there will be more issues down the road.

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
Demand on retail market won't be as bad once the home growers have gotten up and running. Ontario removed the 1 metre height restriction that Feds had suggested, so "trees for all".

I know this cat won't be paying for any retail herb once my tent is up and running.

Gmack

Organigram is undergoing a 60 million dollar expansion and looking to employ people. they are holding a Job Fair at 750 Main st, Moncton on the 21 st. With all that money going into these companies makes me wonder...

The dollar amount they're spending isn't the important part. Sq footage and what Methods they'll be using if far more important. There's a huge green house being built next to the Edmonton airport. Still no where close to enough supply meet the current demand. Just think of all the grows going on right now. How many times is that more then what the lp's have or have plans for?

Egzoset

Salutations LimeyGreen,

...sure there will be more issues down the road.

As a consumer i'd be very skeptical about LP's being able/willing NOT to use BANNED pesticides as myclobutanil now that Hydropothecary has shared it's results chasing the minimal non-detectable concentration, which was 0.01 ppm in this case.

This may sound trivial but i also remember there were 200+ pesticides to be approved in Washington years ago, i think. So, i figure maybe 1 chemical alone will be insufficient at 0.01 ppm, i dunno, but the synergy of combining a dozen like that would still avoid the radar i suppose (each chemical individually) and yet possibly provide the expected effects in terms of pesticide.

That tells me "criminal" or not *ALL* mari-caca on Canuck land is about to be vilified one way or another and hence unless i can trust the grower there's no chance i'd buy before i touch when dealing with LPs!

So, i too foresee many pitfalls along the road indeed, because the consumer's trust is at risk to plumet and i didn't even mention the fear of fentanyl just yet...

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

Limeygreen

Veteran
perhaps 0.01 ppm is safe, no one knows for sure as the testing on such products has yet to be done, although it is not allowed for tobacco I would lean to the side that any amount is not safe. Hearing of guys in the states using flint (not sure legal or illegal grows) raises my suspicions.

The next will be about genetics, why are there no 'licenced' breeders and certified clean plants for sale in Canada? Everyone is using mmar clones or importing seeds, you'd think that the government would support the breeding in Canada and have licenced breeders to supply market demands and create unique products as well as condition specific cultivars. Rocky road is not smoothing out yet, the next five years will be interesting.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tilray and a few others are offering overpriced clones, no?

A shortage will simply spurn investment and rapid growth. They'll cut their teeth a few times but they've already shown an ability to survive PR road bumps.

The Leduc facility was never intended for the domestic market, some yes, but their goal is export. Perhaps this is changing, I see some opening subsidiaries overseas rather than jump the hoops.

Salutations LimeyGreen,

As a consumer i'd be very skeptical about LP's being able/willing NOT to use BANNED pesticides as myclobutanil now that Hydropothecary has shared it's results chasing the minimal non-detectable concentration, which was 0.01 ppm in this case.

This may sound trivial but i also remember there were 200+ pesticides to be approved in Washington years ago, i think. So, i figure maybe 1 chemical alone will be insufficient at 0.01 ppm, i dunno, but the synergy of combining a dozen like that would still avoid the radar i suppose (each chemical individually) and yet possibly provide the expected effects in terms of pesticide.

That tells me "criminal" or not *ALL* mari-caca on Canuck land is about to be vilified one way or another and hence unless i can trust the grower there's no chance i'd buy before i touch when dealing with LPs!

So, i too foresee many pitfalls along the road indeed, because the consumer's trust is at risk to plumet and i didn't even mention the fear of fentanyl just yet...

I don't understand one word of your post. What the fuck does "the fear of fentanyl" have to do with anything? If you mean idiots might be scared of laced weed, I would think anyone that dumb would trust an LP over the black market.

There have been no cases of fentanyl found in weed. Every article published about that had to submit a retraction because it was bullshit.

So please explain what an opiod drug has anything to do with what we are talking about

Guys I dunno why your making it sound like the LP'S not having enough to keep up is a bad thing for them...they are all expanding their facilities, some by 5X. They are going to own the market in less than 2 years. The black market will always be around, but, do you really think the new Era of "legal smokers" would rather call a dealer or risk being robbed or raided in a dispensary when they can walk into a government run store and buy their weed?

Some LP's are offering clones for literally 60 bucks each. I bet once home growing is legal this price will go down as demand will go up.

I'd rather be a successful breeder right now than grower. A good breeder will "survive" legalization. Black market growers? You guys got maybe 2 years before growing indoors is not worth it

Egzoset

Hi there LimeyGreen,

perhaps 0.01 ppm is safe...

The problem is that target/captive so-called "medical" consumers were NOT advised of it and hence the right to choose by themselves was simply denied while H. C. remained contemplative despite LPs discussing it behind closed doors.

If i were a paying member of the ACMPR (or whatever the artificial system they want to put me in) i'd just burst in ourage at the thought they've done it repeatedly for myclobutanil while it's still BANNED, hence there's just no reason to trust those LPs for the rest of chemicals knowing there are hundreads of them to conveniently test on Canuck human vulnerable guinea-pigs!...

:shark:

...I would lean to the side that any amount is not safe.

Exactly. So at the very least final clients should always be informed when such pesticides are present. Otherwise that's only going to push the already bad reputation of LPs who where clueless before Trudeau gave them the keys...

Hearing of guys in the states using flint (not sure legal or illegal grows) raises my suspicions.

My guess is it's got to be in close connection to radio-active elements promoting root growth in tobacco:

[ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21772848 ]

« The alpha-radioactive polonium 210 (Po-210) is one of the most powerful carcinogenic agents of tobacco smoke and is responsible for the histotype shift of lung cancer from squamous cell type to adenocarcinoma. According to several studies, the principal source of Po-210 is the fertilizers used in tobacco plants, which are rich in polyphosphates containing radio (Ra-226) and its decay products, lead 210 (Pb-210) and Po-210. Tobacco leaves accumulate Pb-210 and Po-210 through their trichomes, and Pb-210 decays into Po-210 over time. »​

And i'm quite ready to bet Justing Trudeau did absolutely nothing about it, naturally. In The Name Of Chilfren, of course!

:crazy:

...why are there no 'licenced' breeders and certified clean plants for sale in Canada?

Simply because it's not coherent with Trudeau's true political stategy, which ain't going to prove good for any pro-cannabic users i think!

Personally i'm expecting more blatant efforts supporting a Cultural Genocide, essentially, via self-vilification passively maintained while canadians should be able to ask so much more of true science.

:peek:

Consequently anything that improves cannabis in the mind of consumers shall be deemed counter-intuitive for a government where Hilary Geller still remains comfortably installed while pulling the strings, without ever facing the consequences of her mis-guided actions, etc.

Oh, and that sort of reminds me now: many more of those socio-toxic zealots are re-uniting in a "scientific" event simultaneously held in Montréal (at hotel Marriott) and Niagara-Falls; the later being in English and scheduled to last a few more days, starting on October 19 by the way!

Maybe we should send an observer of our own out there, one who's genuinely on *OUR* side (for a change!), to attend and collect/return observations on how "scientific" that was actually. Like when Kevin Sabet captured the stage on halloween last year!...

:jerkit:

...you'd think that the government would support the breeding in Canada and have licenced breeders to supply market demands and create unique products as well as condition specific cultivars.

Then we'd be mis-guiding ourselves because Trudeau is NOT your friend nor mine and never was despite all he once said.

Less and less people fall for it after a succession of legal actions which seem most incoherent with a TrudeauMania that's gradually eroding at last.

Appreciate:

[ https://www.canadianlawyermag.com/author/michael-spratt/marijuana-bill-another-example-of-liberals-broken-promises-14785/ ]

Canadian Lawyer Magazine: Marijuana bill another example of Liberals’ broken promises (2017-Oct-16)

« ...ignoring evidence, playing politics and refusing to improve... »

« But who’s counting? »​

M'well, i am.

Now lets talk even more about this heavenly world of genetic breeding and so on again, just in case that might actually happen. Who knows!...

Last edited:

Stickybred420

perhaps 0.01 ppm is safe, no one knows for sure as the testing on such products has yet to be done, although it is not allowed for tobacco I would lean to the side that any amount is not safe. Hearing of guys in the states using flint (not sure legal or illegal grows) raises my suspicions.

The next will be about genetics, why are there no 'licenced' breeders and certified clean plants for sale in Canada? Everyone is using mmar clones or importing seeds, you'd think that the government would support the breeding in Canada and have licenced breeders to supply market demands and create unique products as well as condition specific cultivars. Rocky road is not smoothing out yet, the next five years will be interesting.

man i never even thought about the clean plants and certified breeder idea. thats actually insane. what is our "medicine" could have very well been a street clone that was back doored into a grow facility (this isnt new) but i never actually thought about it like that. thats a crazy good point. i know that none of the government could ever be "certified" as clean cause i think they know they are breaking the law when they do

I live here in Colorado. When it was first legal the supplies were low. Now it's incredibly low priced for recreational and medical. Supply and Demand. Black market pot is still being bought in Colorado but most users here are buying at stores. No point in having to do a drug transaction when you can get nicer weed that wasn't sitting on someones coffee table with all the carpet hairs sticking to it.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You're right, a lot of people like Budweiser.

Swill for swine. Me thinks you should have found a better dealer.

Gmack

I've never bought weed that sat on someone's table and got full of hair. Up here we have bags and obvious contaminated bud is only bought by someone with no real connections. Gotta be desperate to smoke that Labrador

Jonny Lan

I've never bought weed that sat on someone's table and got full of hair. Up here we have bags and obvious contaminated bud is only bought by someone with no real connections. Gotta be desperate to smoke that Labrador
lol

that Lavendor, Maui Waui mixed with Dog shit lol

clearheaded

there are in fact LP that do nothing but make seeds and sell clones. believe they are on in kelowna if that helps. they may be selling now i have sorta lost count as they have proliferated.

beloved canopy growth just purchased jamaican grow. some premiere or somethings son that got busted for weed owns the other half lol. I thought forsure bubbleman and tony were gunna be the other 51%. cant wait to get import sativas....

and think this whole export thing is rediculous to think will go more then 10 years. australlia will be like hmm we can grow it muuuch cheaper in our sun. germany maybe as there power is so crazily expensive but may realize can just grow feilds like the swiss had. but i am sure poland will grow for them cheaper then canada will. LP love getting export as investors love that shit but think its VERY short sighted to think after a couple years of the experiment in canada that the other countries arent going to learn from our mistakes and do it MUCH better and faster.