What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubbler?

Old Toker

Anyone use a bubbler with their vape? I would like to try water cooling my Solo II to make the experience better (or maybe just different).

Any bubbler recommendations? I know I need a gong (I think that's the name) that sits on top of the bubbler and connects the stem to the solo.

Will any stem work......or is there something special that needs to be used?

I know these are a lot of rookie questions....but any advice is welcome....even bad advice.

Regards....
tiphat.gif

PDX Dopesmoker

My vape is a Mighty, I just used some plastic hose from the hardware store. I brought the bong and the vape with me to the hardware store to make sure I was getting the size I needed. I ended up needing to wrap some tape around the bong-end of the hose to make it work. Other than than it worked like a regular vape, the first 2-3 hits are tasty and the rest less so, etc. Those standard sized vape carts pens work really well in a 14mm bong hole if you wrap a rubber band around them.
Thats everything I know.

Green Squall

Anyone use a bubbler with their vape? I would like to try water cooling my Solo II to make the experience better (or maybe just different).

Any bubbler recommendations? I know I need a gong (I think that's the name) that sits on top of the bubbler and connects the stem to the solo.

Will any stem work......or is there something special that needs to be used?

I know these are a lot of rookie questions....but any advice is welcome....even bad advice.

Regards....View Image

Good to hear from you Old Toker and I'm glad your still Vaping! Do some searches on fuckcombustion. I remember there being a lot of info on this type of thing. Good luck.

shithawk420

Veteran
Gonna have to find a bubbler with a 18.8 or 14.4 joint that can fit a vape.I would get a straight 250 roor or ehle bong and get a heat gun attachment.that's what I would do but yeah.go on FC.

But a straight 250 would be ideal I think.not a bubbler.hell a 250 might as well be a bubbler.or maybe a 100 if you want even smaller

Old Toker

Thanks everyone for the suggestions/guidance! I need to do some more reading (Fcombustion). Will let you know what I end up using...or more likely....I'll be back with more questions. Thanks again!:tiphat:

Old Toker

What temperature are you going to run it on?
Currently (dry) I'm using 370F to keep my throat from drying out. I have a very large supply....so I'm not too concerned about getting everything dark brown.
To answer your question....I thought I'd try 390F. I've read you're supposed to use higher temps with a bubler and I'll have to see how the 390F works out.
Any suggestions? :tiphat:

Green Squall

Currently (dry) I'm using 370F to keep my throat from drying out. I have a very large supply....so I'm not too concerned about getting everything dark brown.
To answer your question....I thought I'd try 390F. I've read you're supposed to use higher temps with a bubler and I'll have to see how the 390F works out.
Any suggestions? :tiphat:

HA! I use 370F as well. Its my sweet spot and never feel lung irritation like from smoking. I wouldn't hesitate to go 400F if running it though cold water.

Arizer is a great company. They just came out with a new portable. Unfortunently, I can't justify the expense right now.

superx

Veteran
Gonna have to find a bubbler with a 18.8 or 14.4 joint that can fit a vape.I would get a straight 250 roor or ehle bong and get a heat gun attachment.that's what I would do but yeah.go on FC.

But a straight 250 would be ideal I think.not a bubbler.hell a 250 might as well be a bubbler.or maybe a 100 if you want even smaller

Have you checked this place?

Yes, he is based in the UK so not sure if they deliver to your neck of the woods, worth a try though. Pleasant people to deal with, over the last 2 years i have ordered lots of vaporizers through them and i never had any problems, and more importantly there after sales service is excellent. Will be hitting them for a quartz hybrid E-nail at some stage. Good luck in your search.

Last edited:

superx

Veteran
Have you checked this place?

Yes, he is based in the UK so not sure if they deliver to your neck of the woods, worth a try though. Pleasant people to deal with, over the last 2 years i have ordered lots of vaporizers through them and i never had any problems, and more importantly there after sales service is excellent. Will be hitting them for a quartz hybrid E-nail at some stage. Good luck in your search.

https://vapefiend.co.uk/collections/glass

Old Toker

At that price even I might get one.thanks!if you can,pictures when you get it would be great
I'll do what I can....however my photography skills suck. I paid extra for UPS delivery and ordered one without the Mobius script. Should just be plain glass. Hopefully it will be as well made as THEIR photos and reviews seem to indicate. :tiphat:

Old Toker

HA! I use 370F as well. Its my sweet spot and never feel lung irritation like from smoking.
Agreed. I tried 400F with a short glass stem.....thought I was going to die. I'm too old for that sh*t.
I wouldn't hesitate to go 400F if running it though cold water.
Actually 400F is the temp that I saw recommended. I'm sure I will eventually try it also. Another thing I read was to use WARM water. Not hot or cold. Supposedly helps moisten the vapor somehow. Or maybe not....I might have it screwed up. Either way.....I'm going to try warm.:tiphat: