What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question about the Piratpartiet

berlinweed

Hello,

I posted that the Piratpartiet is pro legalization but then I thought lets google it and I couldn´t find anything. Was I only dreaming?

THX for an answer!!

BW

Hans Blix

I know it's been discussed. Let me check tomorrow, and remind me if I don't. Basically, Pitatpartiet doesn't take a stand in issues not relating to freedom of information and such.

berlinweed

Thx Hans_Blix and Koi. I still wonder where I have heard or read it.

I guess a partiet that talks about personal freedom would be inconsistent not including a legalization of cannabis.

Time will tell....

Greetz

BW

Koi

That is precisely their opinion. They are neutral in everything other then freedom of speech and surveillance issues.
That means that they attract a larger amount of people that will be willing to vote for them.
But at the same time, that will make them vulnerable.

I am considering voting for them in the national (parliament) election, and in the local election I will choose a more wide spectered party.

triptonite

Christian Engström did state his views regarding drugs to the press, saying he was for a legalization on some drugs and prostitution. However it caused moral panic in Sweden and they where afraid that their main concern, integrity would been put aside so they didn't proceed with the opinions about legalization. :wallbash:

berlinweed

Christian Engström did state his views regarding drugs to the press, saying he was for a legalization on some drugs and prostitution. However it caused moral panic in Sweden and they where afraid that their main concern, integrity would been put aside so they didn't proceed with the opinions about legalization. :wallbash:

This is sad! Because it means they are acting like normal parties who look for the most amount of votes to get. But when I talk about freedom and democry and equality than it is inconsistent to sort themes like "legalisation of cannabis" out. But on the other hand you live in sweden and the people are even against prostitution so mabye he is right and only smart and waits for the right moment, when they have enough power.

The german pirate party is what can be called "basic democratically" it means that me as a member can give my vote "pro cannabis" and it counts as much as everyone´s member there actually is. And I talked to some other members, and even when they are not smoking weed, they say "sure why not this party is about freedom"! So what I want to say is there is no leader who can say something againts it when 51% of the members are pro legalization.

This is why I am now a member. I can be part of decisions!

Latest posts

Latest posts