Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > Grow Room Safety > Light controller/timer

Thread Title Search
Light controller/timer Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2018, 03:15 AM #11
dansbuds
Retired from the workforce Bullshit

dansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvac guy View Post
You're an electrician and you don't know about down current devices like receptacles can only be wired to a breaker that is rated for the same amperage as the receptacle. Then you have 15A receptacles wired to a 40A or 50A two-pole breaker. I was a journeyman electrician for 15 years. Refer to the link if you have doubts.

https://www.saferproducts.gov/ViewIncident/1377268
dude , you obviously don't have much knowledge in motor control , relays & contactors ..... the relay thats powered by the 50 amp line is rated for 50 amps ..... the rest are just branches off the relay , . & they're all load protected .

current tour with brain & brewer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDB-T19sK4A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBEfUysyvI8

BB kings 9/23/16 full show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGurX1vukAU

growem green & stay safe .... Dan
dansbuds is offline Quote

Old 01-30-2018, 04:49 AM #12
Zeez
Going Deep

Zeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant future
15 years, that's allot of journeyman time. No Master. Can't pull a permit in my state.
Zeez is offline Quote

Old 01-31-2018, 03:31 AM #13
hvac guy

hvac guy has a spectacular aura abouthvac guy has a spectacular aura abouthvac guy has a spectacular aura abouthvac guy has a spectacular aura abouthvac guy has a spectacular aura about
Both of you don't know shit, motor control is not the same as down current device (breaker). How are the 15A receptacles protected after the contactor, they're not, they are all connected to the 50A breaker, enjoy your fire when your lighting controller fails.
hvac guy is offline Quote

Old 01-31-2018, 04:50 AM #14
Zeez
Going Deep

Zeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant future
Ok, you win. You're right and everyone else is wrong. There ya go. You showed 'em.

Before we put this puppy to bed....

There's just one thing I'd like to point out to you. The example you gave... https://www.saferproducts.gov/ViewIncident/1377268
That's a plastic box being deemed unsafe.
Zeez is offline Quote

Old 01-31-2018, 05:24 AM #15
acridlab

acridlab has a brilliant futureacridlab has a brilliant futureacridlab has a brilliant futureacridlab has a brilliant futureacridlab has a brilliant futureacridlab has a brilliant futureacridlab has a brilliant futureacridlab has a brilliant futureacridlab has a brilliant futureacridlab has a brilliant futureacridlab has a brilliant future
anybody check out "powerbox" controls? so far I like them the best,, built way better than titan, etc
acridlab is offline Quote

Old 01-31-2018, 05:34 AM #16
toastyghostie

toastyghostie is on a distinguished road
Doesn't everyone's controllers work like that? You're not going to run more than 15a through the recepticles regardless what's the problem?

Anyways the intermatic 40a 240 timer boxes are solid and cheap
toastyghostie is offline Quote

Old 01-31-2018, 05:52 PM #17
dansbuds
Retired from the workforce Bullshit

dansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by toastyghostie View Post
Doesn't everyone's controllers work like that? You're not going to run more than 15a through the recepticles regardless what's the problem?

Anyways the intermatic 40a 240 timer boxes are solid and cheap
i have always use the intermatic time clocks .... the 220 volt ones are 70$ here at the big box stores & then i have to add the recepticles & dryer cords for powering it .
but the price on that hydrocrunch is what got me to try one & check it out . i can't build one for what they're charging for it . so i bought it , checked it out before even hooking it up & its surprisly decent for the money !

current tour with brain & brewer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDB-T19sK4A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBEfUysyvI8

BB kings 9/23/16 full show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGurX1vukAU

growem green & stay safe .... Dan
dansbuds is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:31 PM #18
growshopfrank

growshopfrank is just really nicegrowshopfrank is just really nicegrowshopfrank is just really nicegrowshopfrank is just really nicegrowshopfrank is just really nicegrowshopfrank is just really nicegrowshopfrank is just really nicegrowshopfrank is just really nicegrowshopfrank is just really nicegrowshopfrank is just really nicegrowshopfrank is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansbuds View Post
i have always use the intermatic time clocks .... the 220 volt ones are 70$ here at the big box stores & then i have to add the recepticles & dryer cords for powering it .
but the price on that hydrocrunch is what got me to try one & check it out . i can't build one for what they're charging for it . so i bought it , checked it out before even hooking it up & its surprisly decent for the money !

View Image
Just for shit and giggles about twice a year disconnect the controller from power and check the condition of the insulation on the wires inside for brittleness and degradation you might be in for a surprise.
One thing that cheap chinese electrical has iis that plastic/rubber components degrade very fast.

FWIW HVAC Guy is just trying to keep folks safe.
growshopfrank is offline Quote

Old 02-15-2018, 07:45 PM #19
Zeez
Going Deep

FWIW, I tried an" all in one" controller made by Titan, Co2, RH, Temp, 15a, remote control and timers. Took it back. Sensors way off. No calibration. No thanks. Just my opinion on this controller after mentioning this brand prior.
Zeez is offline Quote

Old 02-17-2018, 08:48 PM #20
hvac guy

hvac guy has a spectacular aura abouthvac guy has a spectacular aura abouthvac guy has a spectacular aura abouthvac guy has a spectacular aura abouthvac guy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by growshopfrank View Post
Just for shit and giggles about twice a year disconnect the controller from power and check the condition of the insulation on the wires inside for brittleness and degradation you might be in for a surprise.
One thing that cheap chinese electrical has iis that plastic/rubber components degrade very fast.

FWIW HVAC Guy is just trying to keep folks safe.

Excellent suggest about the connections to the lugs, whenever I install a main service and tightened the lugs, I always come back a few weeks later and re-tighten as the heat causes expansion and the lug isn't as tight. You and I think a lot alike GSF, if you lived in Vancouver, BC, I would offer you some jobs if you had the time, cheerz.
hvac guy is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.