in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > White spots on my leaves

Thread Title Search
White spots on my leaves Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2018, 04:24 AM #1
Gio88

Gio88 will become famous soon enoughGio88 will become famous soon enough
White spots on my leaves

Hi! This my autoflowering royal creamatic, 1 weeks ago these white spots have started to appear on the leaves, may this affect the future harvest? There a way to solve the problem? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B6514794-1903-4D4A-BCBD-5C58F0DF555F.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	470185
Gio88 is online now Quote

Old 09-20-2018, 04:57 AM #2
Teddybrae
Irresponsible Hermit

Teddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant future
Cobber, this looks to me like you have a Cal/Mg issue. The white spots may indicate a Calcium shortage. The veins in the older leaves may indicate a Mg shortage. This is typical of young Cannabis plants.

You haven't said how you grow ... but if you're in soil then Dolomite sprinkled over the surface of the soil ... NOT TOO MUCH ... only like sugar on a donut ... then water in and you will soon see changes for the better.

Otherwise the golden centre of the plant shows it is growing well!

"Human consciousness, at the same time as being a form of Awareness, Sensitivity and Understanding, is also a form of Ignorance.
The ordinary everyday consciousness that we have ... leaves out ... more than it takes in. And because of this it leaves out things that are terribly important. It leaves out things that if we did know them would allay our anxieties, fears and horrors. We would have a deep, interior Peace.

Now ... the question that is absolutely basic for all Human Beings is: What have we left out?

(Allan Watts)
Teddybrae is offline Quote

Old 09-20-2018, 05:27 AM #3
TanzanianMagic

TanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio88 View Post
Hi! This my autoflowering royal creamatic, 1 weeks ago these white spots have started to appear on the leaves, may this affect the future harvest? There a way to solve the problem? Thanks
Some small insect damage.

However I agree and have come to believe that major insect damage may be the result of nutrient deficiencies.

My guess is the roots need more development, which itself also helps solve a lot of nutrient deficiency issues.

And they need a little epsom salt, both for the magnesium - which keeps the leaves nice and green and phototropic - and for the sulfur - which helps produce terpenes - which is one way in which weed protects itself against insect attack.

A little bloom food (0.2 EC to 0.4 EC maximum), a little epsom salt, and they should be fine.

And don't water too often. Roots grow better when the soil is a little dry.
TanzanianMagic is offline Quote

Old 09-20-2018, 11:57 AM #4
Gio88

thanks for the answer! i'm growin indoor with light mh 150w , so i've to add magnesium a little bloom food (can i use biobizz bio bloom even if it's not on a bloom phase?) what can i use to keep away small insects?

ps i posted an update
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0918.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	470217

Old 09-20-2018, 03:31 PM #5
TanzanianMagic

TanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
thanks for the answer! i'm growin indoor with light mh 150w , so i've to add magnesium a little bloom food (can i use biobizz bio bloom even if it's not on a bloom phase?) what can i use to keep away small insects?

ps i posted an update
Biobizz Bloom is great - the key is that it has relatively higher P levels than N levels.

As long as you get the roots growing, the plant can outgrow all the damage so far, pretty easily.

To discourage insects in the mean time, you can use neem oil as directed, and add just enough liquid dish soap to dissolve the neem oil in water. To really eradicate them, you can add drops of pyrethrin as directed (usually 10 drops to a quart). It is all organically approved, except maybe the dish soap (Castille Soap is completely organic).
TanzanianMagic is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-20-2018, 04:26 PM #6
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Insects LOVE deficient plants because healthy ones are tougher for them to munch on.

That said,
Those white spots look like light damage to me. Possibly a drop of water concentrated the light on a particular spot on the leaf surface.
MJPassion is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:59 PM #7
Gio88

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
Insects LOVE deficient plants because healthy ones are tougher for them to munch on.

That said,
Those white spots look like light damage to me. Possibly a drop of water concentrated the light on a particular spot on the leaf surface.
it can be! thanks for your suggestions , i'll start to give magnesium and bio bloom to my plats and buy oil neem!

Old 09-20-2018, 06:19 PM #8
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Do not add epsom to your soil. It will cause lockout issues down the road.

If you suspect a Mg deficiency you can test by adding 1/4 tea spoon Epsom to a gallon of water and giving your lil plant(s) a foliar spray. If Mg is in shortage you will see the plants green up over the next few hours.

As for the Neem. You should determine if you or anybody else that may be using your buds is sensitive to it. It can cause detrimental health issues in sensitive folks.
MJPassion is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:49 PM #9
Gio88

at home i have Magnesium pidolate , can i give it to the plant? where i can buy this epsom?thanks

Old 09-20-2018, 08:49 PM #10
Guy Brush

Guy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
at home i have Magnesium pidolate , can i give it to the plant? where i can buy this epsom?thanks
Get some epsom salt at the gardening center! Dont use the pidolate. No one knows what this will do. If you are not in the English speaking countries look for Magnesium sulfate (MgSO4). It has probably a different name than Epsom salt in other countries.
Guy Brush is offline Quote