What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

goingrey

Not by me ha ha I have exactly what I need in the seeds I have already I'm not looking for anything better ha ha.
Its just personal taste brother.
Its not potency its quality of the high nothing else for me at least.
But could chew more and therefore enjoy the taste more with a lower potency strain. ;)

I've got a low potency run planned after my current one. Moroccan Beldia Kif, should be about 2% THC. Dunno if I'll try cobbing it. But I'm hoping for a high quality high despite the low potency buds. From vaping, eating, ways where the low potency doesn't mean inhaling that much more smoke..

Tangwena

Veteran
But could chew more and therefore enjoy the taste more with a lower potency strain. ;)

I've got a low potency run planned after my current one. Moroccan Beldia Kif, should be about 2% THC. Dunno if I'll try cobbing it. But I'm hoping for a high quality high despite the low potency buds. From vaping, eating, ways where the low potency doesn't mean inhaling that much more smoke..
That would be a whole new ball game something to consider for sure.

CDNINCA

Hi @goingrey , I grew some Moroccan Beldia two seasons ago and although it is a very "light" strain it's quite satisfying under certain conditions. The unconfirmed reports of it having a 2:1 THC:CBD might contribute to the overall effect?
I've never grown a plant that flowered, and finished, so early!! Must be those Moroccan genetics eh?
I didn't know about cobbing when I grew it, if I had I might have tried some! I still have a few seeds of it, perhaps I might run it again... let us know how yours does, especially if you cob it.
Cheers!

MrFancyPlants

Greetings cobbers! This is my second cob ever, made from 2 zips of my 2nd generation ACE Honduras, a late flowering pheno. Rolled after 3 days of hang drying, and cured in an egg incubator at ~35C for 4 weeks, periodically opening, drying, and resealing. The smell is truly amazing. I can smell the original herb, but it's been enhanced with a strong aroma of exotic wood, aged leather and cured tobacco. The smoke is incredibly smooth. The effect is also noticeably stronger than the regular dried Honduras herb, somewhat trippier, but with more body. Probably better as a night time smoke, as it leaves me a bit sleepy.

Big ups to Tangwena and the others for all the awesome info in this thread!

IMG_20221116_171802.jpg

CDNINCA

HI all,

Just opened up these cobs that have been fermenting for 10 days. Two are from this years harvest - Northern Lights #5, and Skunkwater/ Pamdemic - from a breeder I know in San Diego, CA. The other, with the brown color is a Stoopid Fruits from Humboldt Seed Co of last years effort, hence the more brown oxidized color. The strain still works great, smells amazing, but is a little brown in color, hence the brownish cob. The aromas from all of these are amazing! I'm going to let them dry for a bit, then re-vac them, then off to curing or a while.

Attachments

• IMG_0644.JPG
    IMG_0644.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 55
  • nl5close.JPG
    nl5close.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 54
  • sf21close.JPG
    sf21close.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 58
  • skpclose.JPG
    skpclose.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 56

CDNINCA

Greetings cobbers! This is my second cob ever, made from 2 zips of my 2nd generation ACE Honduras, a late flowering pheno. Rolled after 3 days of hang drying, and cured in an egg incubator at ~35C for 4 weeks, periodically opening, drying, and resealing. The smell is truly amazing. I can smell the original herb, but it's been enhanced with a strong aroma of exotic wood, aged leather and cured tobacco. The smoke is incredibly smooth. The effect is also noticeably stronger than the regular dried Honduras herb, somewhat trippier, but with more body. Probably better as a night time smoke, as it leaves me a bit sleepy.

View attachment 18794329
Nice looking cobs there! I can only imagine how fine they smell, thanks for sharing!

Tangwena

Veteran

View attachment 18794329
WOW! thats a feeling of dejavu for me, shit I havent seen a cure like that since I was a kid in Africa.
Beautiful work brother I'm still coming down from the clouds where I went on seeing the pic thanks for posting.

Tangwena

Veteran
HI all,

Just opened up these cobs that have been fermenting for 10 days. Two are from this years harvest - Northern Lights #5, and Skunkwater/ Pamdemic - from a breeder I know in San Diego, CA. The other, with the brown color is a Stoopid Fruits from Humboldt Seed Co of last years effort, hence the more brown oxidized color. The strain still works great, smells amazing, but is a little brown in color, hence the brownish cob. The aromas from all of these are amazing! I'm going to let them dry for a bit, then re-vac them, then off to curing or a while.
Nice start please post pics before you age them after the cure.

Tangwena

Veteran
Today I'm opening, drying and sniffing the cobs from a year ago.
This mix of Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian is off the charts aroma wise like old school piney red lebanese hash and sweet ganja.
The high is pure bliss a vacation to paradise for the day and guess what ..........your the boss ha ha sweet Jesus its a gift from heaven.

IMG_2302.JPG
IMG_2304.JPG

Hutilus

TL;DR: Dairy cows were given fermented finola (leaves, seeded bud) to chew, instead of corn silage. They zonked out so good that the experiment was aborted. (Finola thc content is under 0.3%, so pretty low potency.)

goingrey

TL;DR: Dairy cows were given fermented finola (leaves, seeded bud) to chew, instead of corn silage. They zonked out so good that the experiment was aborted. (Finola thc content is under 0.3%, so pretty low potency.)
Interesting paper. They did notice a drowsy appearance but don't seem to mention aborting the experiment. In fact they got the results and they are clear, cannabinoids do get into the milk from cows fed hemp. So that is the next level, feeding the cobs to a cow and then drinking the milk. :D

need4weed

Veteran
My problem too I love the taste of my most powerful cobs so much, but I have to chew such a tiny amount to get very high that its not satisfying my sense of taste ha ha.
BUT if I chew enough for my sense of taste to be satisfied I get waaaay to out of it and turn into a lunatic for 12 hours ha ha.
Just reading this thread for the 1st time, does te curing process and eating increase the duration of the effects?

Tangwena

Veteran

Years ago the South African police reported finding an illegal grow of weed near Durban after people complained they were being harassed by Springbok antelope in the valleys of the mountains.
The antelope were eating the illegal crop and getting high then having fun chasing the village people.

Latest posts

Latest posts