What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
Must say, i can't find much on the Zulu induna. Intriguing.
Forgive my ignorance brother, but I'm a little puzzled?.

The mixture is a success! Came on very fast and had lots of energy. Quite euphoric and really clear headed. The first couple of hours felt like I was coming up on acid. A very different high in so much as one minute I feel exceptionally and the next I feel super straight. I've just been down to an elderly neighbours to check up on their well being and offer some advice regarding their current medical treatment; as I sat there talking I couldn't believe how high I felt but was able to appear totally straight and in complete control of my senses...Perhaps I need to take a larger dose. Lol

Mrs DM has today taken a relatively small dose of her current favourite Panama and is having a great time in the kitchen preparing this evenings food. She keeps coming out of the kitchen to say how much she loves the Panama cob, how euphoric she feels and how much fun she's having cooking.

Cob ought to be available on prescription as a general "Pick me up".
@Tangwena , Do you have any knowledge of cob being used as a physical medicine?.

Mallitlahuani

image.jpg

Here is one of my mini cobs, I often take lower buds in early flower to test how they plant will cob. This one is still missing time to ferment and cure, but it is allready surprisingly smooth. The wrap I used is a dry piece of banana leaf

Last edited:

Taima-da

Forgive my ignorance brother, but I'm a little puzzled?.

Not at all friend, my fault for stream of consciousness rambling.

👆Tang's last post with image mentioned he was using Zulu induna, not one I've encountered online or in real life, though have given the KwaZulu a few runs, and it's nice but never seemed to stretch in the way I might expect for a traditional ganja cultivar.

Seems like some great stock in his larder, like the Lieu Hahn, which also piqued my interest.

I'm mostly ace these days but running a winter RSC Manipuri and Bokeo ATM. Only one Bokeo made it through but she is a beauty. Thinking Manipuri-Bokeo F1 to keep some of the line going, though I may have trouble finding a sexually firm Manipuri by the look of it. There is one male from that batch that stands out but compared to the others looks like some kind of F1 already as its vigour, growth pattern and stem size leave the others far behind. Having said that it has been chugging along in veg mode outdoor with only about 10.5 daylight hours very nicely, so doesn't make me think modern cross at all thus far, and it is apparently a true male by the flowers just starting to develop.

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
View attachment 18710750

Here is one of my mini cobs, I often take lower buds in early flower to test how they plant will cob. This one is still missing time to ferment and cure, but it is allready surprisingly smooth. The wrap I used is a dry piece of banana leaf
Damn that looks like it could be good looking spot on for the stage its at.
I see lots of resin so it should be nice once cured.

Tangwena

Veteran
Decisions decisions, but what a set of options! 😋
Can't go wrong with a 50/50 mix, sure to cover all the bases.
NC always sounds so good to me but not one I've got my hands on yet.

Must say, i can't find much on the Zulu induna. Intriguing.

Best of days to you fellow cobbers!
INduna (plural: iziNduna) is a Zulu/Xhosa title meaning advisor, great leader, ambassador, headman or commander of a group of warriors.

Its not the pot brother its how I was feeling like a king all powerful on the Malawi x Malawi Ethiopia cob it fits me like a glove.
Normally I'm a shy retiring type of person ha ha.
Its the reason I chew cob to get some personality sometimes it does a little too much ha ha.

Tangwena

Veteran
Cob ought to be available on prescription as a general "Pick me up".
@Tangwena , Do you have any knowledge of cob being used as a physical medicine?.
Couldn't agree more brother thats what this thread is for to open peoples eyes to the joy that can be yours through home grown medicine.
Love it that your wife finds it so good give here my best wishes that she continues on her journey to bliss in this world.
It is used as medicine in Africa and has been for ever.
The west is truly ignorant on all matters involving grass.

Tangwena

Veteran
Just had a visit from a friend. She's a singer in a local band and was raving about how eating a bit of cob has really helped her with inhibitions. Wonderful medicine!
I know I cant bring out my desired self without it. I have this shy personality but on cob I start to live the life I would like to have in real life.
So the only thing to do is eat it every day ha ha.
AND different strains bring out different personalities its so great. I didn't know what living was until i started chewing and gave up smoking cob ha ha.
I know you know what I'm talking about brother and your lovely wife has def found out ha ha.
I love love love Panama its the purrrrfect medicine, and GT is my default reset.
Something I found with mixing different strains was some of the desired effects got cancelled by the other cob and visa versa additional effects were not always strong enough.
I would be interested in your thoughts on that seeing as you mix strong cobs sometimes.
With you on this being good medicine for people to wake up to life. I feel like a 20 year old not an old codger on cob thats why I love it so much it makes life fresh and new again.

Tangwena

Veteran
heres another one, full cola View attachment 18711123
I always do mt colas separate from the mids and lowers its the way to go I reckon 3 different effects from 3 different maturities.
That looks like it will be nice in a few months time.
Its also real nice to do colas canary style just straight in the vac bag its great being able to see the changes occur and the end product is so sweet.

Mallitlahuani

I always do mt colas separate from the mids and lowers its the way to go I reckon 3 different effects from 3 different maturities.
That looks like it will be nice in a few months time.
Its also real nice to do colas canary style just straight in the vac bag its great being able to see the changes occur and the end product is so sweet.
Totally, I love the top colas canary style. This one has a grapefruit soda/ incense smell, and sometimes when I just open the bag it semelld like freshly sliced cucumber

ProfessorLefty

@ProfessorLefty , When I said dried for 5 day's, I'm referring to initially hanging the plant after harvest. After 5 day's hanging in my environment there is still a lot of moisture in the colas and they could/would go several more days before they would be classed as ready to put into jars for curing.
Interestingly I did do a cob last year with a little bit of New Caledonia; A friend gave me some buds that they had just that minute trimmed up and removed the stalks and said "cob this!", because I couldn't hang it I left it out on some paper for a few hours but then thought, "I'll just do it wet" and I did. It turned out almost black and took a while to get a good smell. I gave it them back recently and they've yet to try it. The smell when I opened it was of dark chocolate. I would imagine that it will be very spacey.
I have my own New Caledonia cobs but they are very different, much lighter in colour and quite speedy.

I'm having a dilemma right now! @Taima-da, your description of the Golden tiger has got me wanting to have some GT today, but then thinking about the speedy NC has got me fancy that also; Decisions decisions, What to chew?
Today I going to try a mix! why not? 50/50 Golden tiger and New Caledonia.

Have a great day all!. I'm sure I will
That’s reasonable, I think though in my environment in spring at least, I could go with about 50% of harvest weight before cob—won’t know until next year though, wish me luck until I plant my ace zameldica auto in October

ProfessorLefty

That’s reasonable, I think though in my environment in spring at least, I could go with about 50% of harvest weight before cob—won’t know until next year though, wish me luck until I plant my ace zameldica auto in October
For what it’s worth, the cob I sweated at fresh is blowing my mind, might be worth like aging that for a while--going slightly is my point

TaoRich

Show and Tell - Part 2 - Cobs

All of the pics below are after a week of fermenting at 25-30C ... after an initial sweat of 8 hours at 35-40C.

Done the traditional way in fresh local mielie cobs. Wrapped in cling film, and bound and tied tight to get the air out. The binding caused compression which has resulted in a fused mass that has no resemblance to the individual original buds.

I reckon that the colours are far enough changed to show a good ferment already, so I took them out of the seals and let them air dry in a manilla envelope for 24 hours to slow the fermentation right down.

They are now sitting in a drawer, sealed in cling film again, at around 15-25C, for 5 more days easy slow final ferment.

Then they will get a 2 day dry.

Then they will be sealed and vacced for a 3 month cure.

Unknown Sativa - Deep Purple

Discovered in our digs - I named it after the colours.

The bud from the mother plant in 2021 harvest was all clear headed and cerebral in the smoke, with a deep sense of well-being. A lot like the buzz you get after eating serious chilli. Clear and uplifting.

I am looking forward to seeing what effect the cobbed offspring will have.

cob-deep-purple-01-pic-02.jpg

Blue Dream

cob-blue-dream-02-pic-02.jpg

Unknown Sativa - Citrus

Offspring from a mother from a bag of bought seed - tastes and smells like orange and naartjie.

cob-citrus-02-pic-01.jpg

Grapefruit

cob-grapefruit-01-pic-03.jpg

Unknown

Can't remember which this one was. They are all wrapped again now and I can't see the labels.

cob-huh-01-pic-01.jpg

Lemon Haze

cob-lemon-haze-01-pic-02.jpg

Unknown Sativa - Ross 3

Offspring from a mother from a bag of bought seed - grown by my mate Ross and myself at my place in my living soil ...
(family wise he isn't allowed to grow at home)

cob-r3-01-pic-01.jpg

- - -

So that's my novice virgin 1st attempt.

I have 10 little cobs about the thickness of my little finger, and around 10-15cm long.

Now for the patience part.

Although I have saved a mini tester which I will break out in 4 weeks.

TaoRich

Show and Tell - Part 3 - Addendum

I forgot to add the drying info and details.

I did a spread - as you can probably see from the colours of the ferment.

Blue Dream
Lemon Haze

- a 3 day cupboard dry from harvest humidity level around 78-80%
- then into the cobbing sweat

Ross
- a 5 day cupboard dry from harvest humidity level around 78-80%
- cut and bottled with the lids off for 3 days
- then into the cobbing sweat

Citrus
Deep Purple

- harvested that morning around 7:30am
- into the cobs around 4:00pm same day

- - -

I deliberately went for a varied mix so that I can start to observe and learn how the results and effects vary according to dampness and freshness ... and the clues that come from the ferment colour profile.