What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Double Strawberry Diesel / Strawberry Cough / God's Gift and Friends

alamony2005

bloody fucking hell. the Strawberry Cough went full on male. Not a single fucking lady pistol this round. I took it from a female. maybe the stress but this blows.

I now have more motivation to perfect my single plant indoor 30gal system that way I dont have to worry about a bunch of different stuff going on.

Thats very very odd. that it didnt get a single pistal and you took it from a full on female. I've heard of stress induced hermies but thats pretty extreme. Hope it all works out for ya.

alamony2005

Everything so far after the fall out is going good. The plants are packing on weight day by day and the leaves/stems are starting to get their tric nubs forming everywhere. *YAHOO!*

Nothing really special to see as of now but I just looked over a post of a persons entire crop dying in one day in hydro... kinda scary that stuff can turn south in a matter of hours but I feel fairly confident I have my system under control.

Big Buds soon my friends!

Mitochondrion

Hey Alamony! I just came across this thread and was perked by your lineup, most especially the DSD. I had these genetics for 2 years. I recognise the three pronged leaves which would turn into 5 in another two weeks of veg. DO NOT GIVE UP ON THAT PLANT. It is very susceptible to stress and will totally pollinate itself if cut or sprayed during the flower cycle. It also likes to throw bannanas at the end.
As you can see it is not quite stable. However, this is the best and strongest high I have experienced next to well grown Jack the ripper. I was going to do some work on it to stabalize, but lost it due to messed up circumstances.
It really is an easy plant to grow but must be perfectly healthy when put in flower. When flipped at 15 inches you will get this:
picture.php

which is all fine and good because of this:
picture.php

Nice hunh! Size does matter! But that will only please you so long. Now let's take a look at the actual bud
picture.php

picture.php

as you can see it looks great in any lighting. However upon closer inspection

picture.php

picture.php

It looks amazing. But don't stop there, go closer still, she won't bite

picture.php

picture.php

I am not trying to derail the the thread. I just hope you keep the genetics, I feel she is worth the trouble, and if someone took the time to stabilize it, She would grace you with her sex appeal for years to come!! I hope you keep her, cause with this girl in your stable, any sativa head would be your best friend. You have no idea till you try it, I assure you. IMHO way stronger and funner than Sour D. I would venture to say that DSD and Jack the ripper are with out a doubt the strongest sativas I have ever had the pleasure of smoking, with lambsbread a "less mind numbing" third.
Props on having that, and good luck with what appears to be a heavenly grow!!

Stay green and nonmean, :tiphat:Mito-

alamony2005

Im trying to keep it going as long as possible. I have one successfull flowering female one outdoor that I am going to snip a branch and try and clone it.... I thought it pollenated from the male one I had but im not sure yet. im trying....

alamony2005

This is my outdoor Double Strawberry Diesel that has been going on for a while. I didn't mention it much because I was not sure what was going on with it. However I tried to seed it with pollen from my D.S.D. male. Here are some pics. Do you SEE any seeds? I also have one indoors in hydro.

alamony2005

I just put some pollen on my indoor D.S.D. and my Grape Ape to see if I can tell a major difference in the way i hope it seeds. Time will tell... I pray I get a decent amount of seeds though. Q-tip with pollen and I shut the fans off, next i brushed the pistils on the top cola of the D.S.D. because I want the strongest highest quality and healthy seeds. If I fail... Rez... care to bail me out with a seed? =)

alamony2005

I did it! I have created seeds from my D.S.D. Here is the shot I snapped with the quickness.

I was not sure if I had done it correctly so I plucked off what I thought was a seed pod and sure enough!! There was a little immature baby.. scratch that.. there was a big ass green seed in that beezy! Im so stoked right now. A year ago I never thought I could use the methods I do to grow and yet come out with some results. I will now have Rez's Double Strawberry Diesel for a very long time. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!! oh yeh, I put this in a RW cube to see if it will sprout. The tree is loaded with them and best thing... they will be feminized! Its a great day today every one. Lets all toke up a fat blunt shall we???

alamony2005

I have plucked off 3 seeds all of which where green unfortunately however I know they are still young and need time. I have read here in on the boards that you do not need to try them out for a period of 2 weeks before trying to germinate them and additionally I have heard that others pop them right in water and watch them go. I have seeds and dont want to fuck up now and loose my D.S.D. I could care less for everything else in my room aside from my Grape Ape and D.S.D. I will attempt to reveg a few branches just incase NONE of my seeds pop open. I intend to use Advanced Nutrients No Shock as its food source while putting it under a 24hr light schedule in a RW 4x4 cube using Clonex to try and get some roots. Any suggestions you pro's?

Oh yeah, im going to babysit Benzo's beezys for a few days. I will fix his Powdery Mold problem also.. but thats a surprise for him when he gets back, only a small thing I can do to save his crop for all the smoke outs and shared blunts he so happily dish's out.

alamony2005

i think I will be doing that, I can keep it outdoors so I wont stress it and supplement 24 hrs of light with some simple cfl's. I have a power outlet right next to it which I can string something up. I will trim some buds and reveg her as suggested after she ends her flower cycle because I want the seeds on there atleast.

Whey2Sly

All strawberry coughs went hermy but my DJ Shorts Grape Crush didn't ??so does the SC tend to go hermy easy cuz my went hermy do to light stress dam wife leaving the bathroom light on and off to many times during flower..but when i saw the start of the bananas i plucked them so i didn't get that many seeds but i got lot of bananas with pollen in them..oh ya got 2 seed off my DJ Shorts Grape Crush was it a cross???

alamony2005

All strawberry coughs went hermy but my DJ Shorts Grape Crush didn't ??so does the SC tend to go hermy easy cuz my went hermy do to light stress dam wife leaving the bathroom light on and off to many times during flower..but when i saw the start of the bananas i plucked them so i didn't get that many seeds but i got lot of bananas with pollen in them..oh ya got 2 seed off my DJ Shorts Grape Crush was it a cross???

I am not sure what happened to my SC's I vegged them out and selected the cuts of the females that I had going. I put them in my system and one was full out male. I took the second one which was still in veg and put it in my flower room on the floor. It soon went full male also. My best guess is they where still stressed out when putting them to flower. As for having seeds in your Grape Crush, it likely was pollinated by your SC that threw bananas. You either missed plucking them off and one pop'd open on you in your room. Yes it would likely be a cross.

alamony2005

I am going to pick up a magnum xxl 8" hood I think today or in the next day or so. I managed to dig up a 600watt Sun System 10 ballast for pennies on the $. It is a switchable 120/240 HPS. I think im going to get a SolarMax bulb based off its lumen output. My C.A.P.S. blower should keep it WAY cooler with the 8" ducting vs the 1000watt in the Yield Master II with only 6". that is a little heat box no doubt. haha

alamony2005

Just picked up "The Ocho" Magnum XXXL 8" reflector from my local warehouse along with a 600w Solarmax HPS bulb and appropriate 240v power line with an additional flange. I cant wait till power up this bad ass and continue on my learning experience. What do you guys think? =)

alamony2005

Well I got that big ass hood connected to the hooks and I threw the bulb in... I went to fire it up using my 240v line and nothing! I unplugged it and stepped back for second and tried to tighten the bulb but it was clearly installed correctly the first time. I took the bulb out to inspect it for defects on the inside and I glance over the tag to see "1000w" F*ck! My ballast is a 600watt. Luckily I still had the 1000w ballast sitting right next to me from the Yield Master II/ Eye Hortilux 1000w setup I just took down. I swapped the 600w out and put back on the 1000w and it fired right up! I will go back to the warehouse and have them swap them and get some cash back at the same time, yahoo!

First off I can notice that the Solarmax bulb is freaking bright as hell it self. The reflector covers a huge area that I was expecting and it seems to put a more even light spread above my canopy. The Yield Master 2 had a hot spot which was beating up one tiny section of my crop with yellowing. That seems to be going away already.

Oh yeah, I forgot 8" ducting so im using 8"-6" reducers to keep it cooled down.

*the hood it self feels WAY cooler to the touch and under the glass additionally. That can be expected due to its larger size no doubt.

alamony2005

More big changes. I got the correct 600w Solarmax bulb today from the warehouse and also picked up some 8"R-6 Insulated ducting for my new hood. I installed everything after some thinking about it and went to start the bulb and it looked like a flame started inside the bulb. The color was purple and red with hints of orange. The filament end near the base completely fell off before i was able to unplug it. I made sure I connected my 240v line to the right side and also made sure I was using the 600w ballast... a no brainer since the 1000w has a big switch on the same side. Well I took it out and Benzo is letting me use the 1000w bulb and ballast untill I can swap out the bulb tomorrow. Here are some pictures for you in the mean time. They are from my cell phone so they will probably look ugly.

early420

I am not sure what happened to my SC's I vegged them out and selected the cuts of the females that I had going. I put them in my system and one was full out male. I took the second one which was still in veg and put it in my flower room on the floor. It soon went full male also. My best guess is they where still stressed out when putting them to flower.

Two SC's chopped and only one non-viable banana and I was pretty rough on them as far at temps and nutes go. They don't like to clone so much. You want minimal transplants. Use a bubble cloner if you are are not already. Let them get a good set of roots (6 inches long) and directly into final pot.

Actually got a strawberry smelling pheno. Not sure if it will remain after cure. We shall see.