What's new

600w hps cab (wardrobe)

cornflake

better'n coco pops any ol' day o da week
Veteran
I'm focusing on stealth.

The wardrobe will live in my garage, along with my car, tools and other stuff that'll be used to disguise my cabs.

I had a drip tray that was right width but not deep enough so I pulled the back off the old wardrobe and extended her depth. I then removed the old veneer from the sides so I could lay a new veneer, a single piece, that will hopefully disguise my alteration.

A cooltubed 600W HPS, hand water, Canna Coco grow.

I can fit 6 x 6" pots in the drip tray with room to spare. This run is 6 x ultra sonja clones.

Last edited:

B420

I agree looks awesome. Wish I would have thought to extend the back of my cabinet. Also glad to see others using higher wattage lamps in the small places, I am currently running a 600W in a smaller cab. Best of luck to you.

-B420

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
sweet cab bro! your going to get some fat ass buds. What are the highs and lows in your garage?? How do you keep the temps right? I'm also using higher watts in my cab. check out the 400w.

cornflake

Veteran
awesome grow man

Thanks labtec my fuzzy friend
muppets_007.gif

I agree looks awesome. Wish I would have thought to extend the back of my cabinet. Also glad to see others using higher wattage lamps in the small places, I am currently running a 600W in a smaller cab. Best of luck to you.

-B420

B420, thanks for droppin by. I pulled the back off because I'm cheap and wanted badly to re-use my driptray and lighting.

If I had of seen some of these great cfl threads I would not have gone this route, but here I am and want to grow some nice smoke.

sweet cab bro! your going to get some fat ass buds. What are the highs and lows in your garage?? How do you keep the temps right? I'm also using higher watts in my cab. check out the 400w.

Great pics Conn, a fantastic setup for sure.

OK, temps >>

You're right, it's gonna be a work in progress getting this right, when Winter arrives. I'm in southern hemi and it's hot hot summer; for example, today it was 32c in the garage and 25c in the cab (dark period).

I'll work some pics into my explanation but will add them laterz...

I run my lighting ON 9pm - 9am, so light is OFF during the heat of the day. This is helping heaps.

I have currently a 120mm fan attached to my 600W hps cooltube and a 120mm fan mounted to roof of the cab.

The cooltube exhaust fan is on all the time, and I manually turn the 2nd fan on if the day gets hotter than 25c, less than this is unnecessary to run both (for good temps).

My air intake is achieved using 4 x 10cm elbows in the base of the cab, with a basic filter covering the intake opening.

The 2nd cab, the veg cab has a single 80mm fan exhausting.

I have 250mm ducting setup in my roof void. I will attach this to the 2 cabs and their 3 exhaust outlets, removing the computer fans in next week or so.

I also have a ceramic fan heater mounted in the veg cab, set with thermostat to turn on when target temp is hit.

Plenty to do yet, still haven't finished the sides off.

My apologies to all for lack of updates, I was a bit too high when I created this thread and didn't even realise I had done so.

Will post some pics soon.

Last edited:

cornflake

Veteran
3 days ago (weeks 3 + 4 flower)

3 days ago (weeks 3 + 4 flower)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

icough2getoff

cornflake that's a badass cab you put together there. I love how you extended the cab and replaced the veener to disguise it. That tray looks to fit perfectly! Nice job, looks like the plants are going to reward you :canabis:

cornflake

Veteran
mixin - thanks bro, it's coco but i'm movin to organics asap so thanks for your links too

icough2getoff
- I reckon badass is the right word, especially for my ass hehe

I got a nice pic update coming but until it's done check what I'm popping tonight....

picture.php

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
Love the cabs Cornflake! Did you grow coco before this? thoughts? I also assume you use the canna coco nutes? Ever ran others? Sorry for all the Q's but I've just been starting to look at coco info. I'm jealous of your alpha diesel beans too!

cornflake

Veteran
Love the cabs Cornflake! Did you grow coco before this? thoughts? I also assume you use the canna coco nutes? Ever ran others? Sorry for all the Q's but I've just been starting to look at coco info. I'm jealous of your alpha diesel beans too!

Hi Rob. Yes I've grown out maybe 20 coco grows over the years.

yes I use A + B, Rhizotonic for seedlings and after re-pottings, and I use cannazyme to condition my re-used coco

I have run other nutes but I live in a country where you won't be able to access the type used previously, if I could remember it's name lol

Go to Coco Forum and read their stickies. You'll get great advice.

I prefer the idea of recycling so I'm moving away from coco hydro to organic indoor/outdoor asap.

Peace.

cornflake

Veteran
Boy, it's amazing how much will actually fit in a cab....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
C

Cozy Amnesia

Looks amazing bro, how much longer on the alpha diesels?

Also, how much cubic feet is that? It looks like 6. If so, that's 100w per square foot :yoinks:. I'm going to use half that, only 300w, in the 6 cuft cab I'm building...That will be interesting because I too will be growing a diesel (chem haze x SD) so maybe we can compare and see how much 600w will grow than 300w.

cornflake

Veteran
Looks amazing bro, how much longer on the alpha diesels?

Also, how much cubic feet is that? It looks like 6. If so, that's 100w per square foot :yoinks:. I'm going to use half that, only 300w, in the 6 cuft cab I'm building...That will be interesting because I too will be growing a diesel (chem haze x SD) so maybe we can compare and see how much 600w will grow than 300w.

The alpha diesels were popped last night, so 5 months? I like to Veg 2 months for big yields.

Before them though my cannocopia dc x rks and dc x bubba kush will be run first - http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=106229

2' x 5' x 3.5' = 35 cu ft
24" x 60" x 42" = 35 cu ft

27"(d) x 63"(h) x 42"(w) = more than 35 cu ft

2.25' x 3.5' = 7.9 sq ft

It'll be a good result, and yep happy to compare differences :moon:

Last edited:

Cabri

white out.

white out.

whats too much light? at what point does the higher wattages stop producing more bud? i know more light usually means more medicine.

cornflake

Veteran
I didn't include much about my VEG Cab, so here she is with my cannocopia 2 strain run in veg, and seedling sour bubble and alpha diesels in dome.

DIY Aero Cloner below, we'll have cfl's down there, 4 big filtered air intakes and a small fan of course.

I have 4 x 75W FLUORO. Two are warm and two are cool.

It's a work in progress and I'll update more later.

And a Flower Cab Update....

picture.php

:woohoo: