What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I'm messing this up

wickyd

All of my plants are so stressed out, and I cant figure out what it is. Please help me.

The strains are Whos yer Daddy and Ultimate moonshine F2s.

All are WYD except the tallest plant, thats the UM-F2

all my plants have always been a bit yellow, and now the new growth is yellowing and the old growth is brown.

I have 2 fans blowing around the inside of the box, and 1 fan exhausting the light. its a 400w. This is inside a cabinet. The temps are a bit hot. Mid 80's but I cant beat the texas heat.

here are the pics

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

- These plants were planted from germination over a month ago. and they're only this big. Please help :-(

I'm just really fucking this up

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
Transplant 'em

Transplant 'em

What's your soil mix?
Did you fertilize those kids?
Where those cups full of soil when you started?, they look like the soil 's gone and compacted on ya from watering if thats the case.
Offhand I'd guess your soil mix is too "hot" for those lil'fellars. :)
By flushing them and then transplanting into a larger pot with a "cooler" seed starting type soil mix should/can produce miraculous recoveries many times in that type of situation.

:)

Last edited:

wickyd

its really not hot soil, its Miracle Grow Organic mix, its in the decimals for each of 3 categories, I dont remember the exact numbers... I did fertilize them once with a very weak solution a while back, but I transplanted since then into the same soil with no ferts in it earlier cause I thought that was it.

I dunno!

HOT CARGO

The Best Is Yet To Come
Veteran
Ooo man...

dont look good from here.
never use Miracle Grow Organic mix for young plants. use it after a month not that soon. this will happen when they young.
you can maybe save them but you are couple weeks behind now.
start over with out any ferts and use regular soilless mix with out additives.

peace

HC

wickyd

I've got some other soil from another grow, I'll transplant today into..... I've lost so many seeds and seedlings from this stupid soil... I sure hope thats what it is. its been a sad month for these babies. Thanks guys

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
Yep, U b runnin' hot... :)

Yep, U b runnin' hot... :)

I first thought it was a N deficiency, so I mixed up some ferts, Fish Emulsion(5-1-1) and Earth Juice - Grow(3-1-1) at 25% and fed the Fish Emulsion to all the plants on the 10th. The only really dark green plant yellowed on the tips a little, and the rest of the plants remained the same color. On the 12th, I did regular unfert. water on all the plants, and then yesterday, on the 14th, I fertilized them with the Earth Juice.

http://www.icmag.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3882&highlight=miracle+grow

Last edited:

wickyd

IM BOGGLED - yeah, I know that, I transplanted into unfertilized soil shortly after that. I only added fertilizers after they already started turning yellow. Right now they are in unfertilized Miracle Grow Organic soil.... but now I hear thats terrible soil to use.

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
Using the Garden soil by chance?

Using the Garden soil by chance?

Miracle-Gro® Organic Choice™ Garden Soil...Contains 100% organic materials and fertilizers, which grow in-ground plants and vegetables bigger than ordinary topsoil.

Miracle-Gro® Organic Choice™ Potting Mix...Contains 100% organic materials and fertilizers, which grow container plants and vegetables twice as big as ordinary potting soil.

From product faq's:

Organic Choice Potting Mix was designed specifically for growing plants and vegetables in pots and containers. It is a mix of ingredients designed to enable plants and vegetables to thrive in this environment.
Organic Choice Garden Soil is a denser mix of ingredients. It is designed to be used in-ground.
Mix Miracle-Gro Organic Choice Garden Soil with your native soil to create an ideal flower and vegetable bed.

Last edited:

wickyd

probably so, Ill be able to tell you more about the soil here soon, when I'm able to get to the bag, heh... stupid work

I do think its the gardening though

G

Look in my gallery I had a Blueberry haze that I stressed putting it in hot soil. It stayed in seedling form for like 1 month under my 400w. I put her back under the floros for 4 days and then placed it back into the HPS chamber and it grew fast as hell and caught up with the others.

Try throwing them under floros while they regain strength.

I don't know the reasoning behind it but when they are stressed I think the HPS lamp causes added stress. Put them under floros for a 1 week and I bet they will perk up......just an idea

Last edited:

wickyd

oooo blueberry haze, makes my mouthwater.... yeah, I think thats what caused the initial yellowing, was light burn. Thanks sharp_pain , I'll see what I can do.

wickyd

What do I need to do on the day/day basis?

What do I need to do on the day/day basis?

as you can see I have some stressed plants from I hope to be hot soil combined with a 400w MH light. The light now stays over 2 ft. from the top of the plants.

so far:

none of the leaves have grown large at all. they brown out before they get big, and the new growth does the same. The burning comes from the tip of the new growth and slowly works it way back. The soil was hot soil used for gardening outdoors, and the light was too close to the seedlings for the first 3-4 days the plants grew above the ground.

2-3 days ago I transplanted into new pots with better organic potting soil.

When I transplanted I noticed the roots were very stretchy, and very poor. the structure was loose and stringy and the soil didnt hold to the roots very well.

The new growth seems to be darker green but there is still advancement on the yellowing of the other leaves.

Do I need to be doing something on the day to day basis Im not?
When will I see the effects of the transplant?

Cabinet Grow
Temp: mid 80's
Light: 400wMH > 2' from plants Aircooled
Soil: Horticulture Potting Soil
2 Fans circulating air inside the box
Water: PH balanced to 6.8, Fed every 1.5/2 days depending on how quickly they lose all the weight.

NO FERTS

Thanks for all the helps guys, I hope we've got this worked out

G

I had the same problem with one of mine BBHAZE

All of my plants were planted in the small pots on the same day, same soil, same watering schedule....same space, same light ect

Here is the Runt....

68707-09-04_009-med.jpg

Here is the sister plant on the same day....

68707-09-04_013-med.jpg

68707-09-04_016-med.jpg

After I placed the runt back under floros for a week it sprung back with avengance!

And here is that runt a few days ago

687BBHAZE_Day_18_2_.JPG

I cannot explain why going back under floros works, but I think it helps the plants catch back up after being stressed. It works for me everytime!

Grow on Brotha's !

Last edited:

wickyd

I'll get some floros stat, if anything I'll need them for the next group of seeds I go through.

Thanks a lot everyone... I've learned a lot this first disaster, and this community is my savior.

Thanks a million