What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is 2 t5 lights to much for a 4x4 veg room?

"CL!cK"

Hey guys new to growing. I'm wondering if I should use 2 t5s for veg or should I go with one?? I have 2 tents one will be flower other veg. And what temp should I keep my veg room currently temp is at 82 with 2 t5 lamps

M

MagusMan

Hey guys new to growing. I'm wondering if I should use 2 t5s for veg or should I go with one?? I have 2 tents one will be flower other veg. And what temp should I keep my veg room currently temp is at 82 with 2 t5 lamps

hi there i am a new grower and was told to keep temps in the
73f to 77f range.somebody with more experience should be able
to help you out more. but think you could do it.all the best with your grow

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Okay so a t5 light is pretty weak.. you will definitely need both and keep them about 4-6" away from your seedlings.. after a couple weeks its unlikely the t5 will have enough output to really push them forward and id advise going on to a larger blue dominant light to finish veg before moving onto flower.. 82f is fine anywhere from 70-80 is decent.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Are you running an intake and exhaust? Unless your ambient temps are high (what is it?), 1 or 2, t5s in a 4x4 tent shouldnt create 82*F.
I run 2, 315w CMHs in the same tent and can keep temps in the low 80Fs without AC. My household temps are usually 70F-74F.

EDIT: and I agree, yer gonna want more light

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Hey Snook, how do you control humidity in your tent?

Heat is controlled by window shaker cut into wall facing garage.

To raise H: https://www.amazon.com/Ideal-Air-Co...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

To lower H: dehuey like this: https://www.amazon.com/Frigidaire-P...re+dehumidifiers+for+basements,aps,189&sr=8-7

Both the Humidifier and dehumidifier are controlled by controllers from this company: https://www.amazon.com/Titan-Contro...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

It aint cheap.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i use 1 4footer with 8 bulbs over a table in a large room, n i have a fan blowing... the room has ac, but these t5's throw out quite a bit of heat- a few grows ago i tried using one as side lighting in my 4x3.5 tent... it didn't take long for the temp's to hit '3' figures... now i use them mostly to start veggie seeds...

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
I think you can manage with two fixtures. 82 is my high limit though. If you could bring that down a couple degrees, I think you're in good shape.

It also depends on how big you want to veg them and how many plants you have under them. I would trust an 8 bulb x 4' fixture to properly veg two-four plants to a certain size; I would want to spread them out and get more light if they were bigger than 2' and in a container larger than 1 gallon. Or you could get a grip of seedlings in quarts under the same space. Sort of depends on what you're prepping for in flower.