What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lemonade OG - test by Koon

Koondense

Veteran
Update with pictures

Update with pictures

Heya there,
time for an update..

The girls are in early flowering, all healthy so nothing to report about that.
Feeding them with the same organic nute mix, some show slight overfert symptoms but nothing to worry about.

Plant #1, my favorite in terms of aesthetics, probably with most traits from Gorilla haze, she's the most flexible and bushy, would grow into a monster if put in a hole outdoors.

picture.php

Plant #2, seems like the earliest to push resin, sweet smelling already. Slight overfert issues

picture.php

Plant #3, similar flowers to #2 but less resin, most stocky structure

picture.php

Plant #4 is my second favorite, lovely branching and plenty of budsites
picture.php

Next post ->

Koondense

Veteran
Plant #5, similar to #4 with lovely budding and branching
picture.php

Plant #6, looks interesting but not my kind of plant, smaller budsites, less stretch, looks like what I'd think an OG would look like

picture.php

There is not much smell at the moment but after two pruning&defoliating sessions they have the potential. Both times my hands were quite stinky and sticky, I think these will be delicious in a few weeks and further in flowering.

Cheers :tiphat:

Koondense

Veteran
I know, there should be many more pictures and posts in this thread so I apologize to anyone expecting to see more action.
Thing is I'm quite busy and a bit lazy at the same time, but since the plants are starting to put on some weight very soon, there will be more updates coming, I promise.

Here's one of the Lemonade OGs, forgot to check which pheno exactly.
Doesn't matter much, they're pretty similar and uniform, developing at same pace.

Lemonade OG
picture.php

I'm starting to see some fan leaf yellowing so it's time to increase the feeding and watering in general, they seem to be well fed but can still handle more, and some seem to need a bit more than others. I hope to deliver them all they need for a proper second part of flowering.
Still thinking if I should defoliate a bit, from some side by sides I saw, there are some benefits in defoliating in mid flowering stage. We'll see during the coming weekend.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
No defoliation yet, had no time and the ladies seem to be well enough without taking extra clothes off.

This one started with a pale green color, so naturally started to fade the earliest. She's a bit N sensitive so when I pumped her with extra N she showed early signs of high ec. Nothing to worry but I'll try to control her a bit better.
picture.php

The others are greener and look really lovely so far.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The smell is very similar between them, a minty sweet and dank aroma. Lovely!

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Hey Trolden, the camera is from my phone. Keeping it simple.

Today I decided it's time to start flushing the ladies, some are a bit faster to finish, one in particular is a bit behind(she's my favorite GorillaHaze leaning plant). The one behind will still get some feeding but not more than once.

The smell is really sweet and delicious, must say lemon is not the first thing that comes to mind, sweet fruits, mint and some pine aromas come first, lemon is a bit behind.
No worries, what matters is their delicious fragrance and great resin coverage.

Lemonade OG, fat cola
picture.php

Lemonade OG, panoramic view (plant on right is the slowest, light green/yellow leaves)
picture.php

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Thank you guys!

The plants are now dry and I had some early smoke testing.
As I felt during the grow, my favorite is the most "sativa" pheno or as I identify her as Gorilla Haze pheno. She's the easiest to smoke with a well balanced effect and good taste of hazy lemons and other fruits, the kind of smoke I love. The more OG leaning ones are harder to smoke, very resinous and chunky, might be amazing for some people but I'm a sativa guy and tend to prefer lighter smokes with more heady effects. The effect is pretty long lasting, about 3 hours and more.
The general impression of this hybrid is very good, the only thing I missed is some more stretch in early veg, but that could also be my mistake with repotting them too late.
Anyway, the yield is great, bud density is generally 7/10, some phenos more, some less.
There were some minor spots of botrytis but nothing serious.

Would I grow them again? For sure, I already am :D
This is the most chunky OG pheno clone with very good bud production:

picture.php

Keeping a few clones for outdoors but some have trouble with revegging, some did it perfectly. Awaiting the guerrilla or just sharing them with some friends.

Thans again to PANIKZ for the seeds, I think I'll get some Gorilla Haze just in case ;)
If you need some new seeds to test, let me know ;)

Cheers