What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Edible problem

RB56

Veteran
Use MCT oil as it is liquid all the time. Great for caps! Besides, MCT oil doesn't have the coconut taste. Great if you don't want to impart a flavour to what you R making.
There isn't much taste to the oil and my extraction process requires the oil/fat to turn solid when refrigerated. Process has been refined and improved over the years and I'd want there to be a real reason to alter it.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
The solid stuff we get here does impart a taste to food, when used in cooking whilst MCT oil doesn't. Think of MCT oil as Ghee (clarified butter). Through the filtration process, it gets rid of all the fats and undesirables.

"Whereas butter contains butterfat, milk solids and water, ghee is pure butterfat cooked longer, until all moisture is removed and the milk solids are caramelized and then filtered out. While butter is not necessarily bad for you, ghee has health benefits that make it healthier than butter."

MCT stands for medium chain triglycerides or medium chain fatty acids. They’re types of fat most often derived from coconut oil but sometimes made from palm oil.
MCT oil is colorless, odorless, and stays liquid at room temperature, making it the perfect fat to add to food, smoothies, and coffee for extra energy and brain-boosting benefits".

Not saying to change your loooong proven method, just enlightening you with the benefits of both. https://blog.bulletproof.com/what-is-mct-oil-vs-coconut-oil/ New to this method I went with the overwhelming recommendations (from the "community") to use MCT vs straight unrefined coconut oil.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Add some kratom extract to some cannabutter and fill into capsules.
Bye bye pain.
Just like cannabis - different strains of kratom do have different effects.
Depending on if you are trying to go to sleep or you need energy to be awake.

DEA did it's thing and kratom is now a schedule 1 drug. Just like cannabis.

insomniac_AU

I keep my brownies in the freezer in an airtight container. There is no smell at all when they are frozen and IMO they taste even better. They have a great chewy texture. :) If I thaw mine they smell also.

maraudeur

Your grower could water cure his shit. Trimming would barely be necessary.

Dry the plant, possibly to a crisp.

Submerge in water, the more the better. Replace water every 12 hours first days. When the exchanged water is clear, it's done.

It's done in seven days but possibly more if you do not dry well before submerging in water.

starke

Capsules would probably be your best choice as others have mentioned. This would be another alternative. Store in any airtight container or ziplock. No odor to speak of, not even when the container is opened. Stable, no refrigeration needed and will keep for months. Just made these myself and can say they are the shit.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358862

FrostAie

Have you thought of getting butter already made and stored. Then you can keep it in the fridge and use when needed and when no one is around to smell.

Rico Swazi

So, I'm disabled and bed bound ( paralyzed and only have use in my left arm ), so my pain is pretty bad and feels never ending, I'm living in a state run nursing home, in a non legalized state. My friend keeps me stocked on pot brownies but I have a hard time keeping them hidden. So I'm wondering if anybody has any recipes or ideas for something that's: less strong in smell, the smaller the better, and can be eaten on a daily basis without getting sick of it so fast. I know there probably ain't many things like this out there, but any suggestions would extremely appreciated! Thanks
Sorry to hear of the trouble you are having both with the pain and that state that denies your right to quality of life.

Short answer... tincture. Not an edible in the strictest terms but very effective. Done correctly, it will have very little alcohol or cannabis smell or taste, dosage can be as little as 5ml under the tongue and there are many ways of flavoring so little chance of getting sick and tired of it. I wrote an anecdotal experience below if you would like the long answer which I hope you don't mind as writing is known to be cathartic

Before my brother died in 1999, he was in and out of the OHSU/Veterans hospital in Portland having the same trouble with nursing staff taking his medicine away. Usually cookies which were off diet and not because of the cannabis smell. He had lots more friends dropping off cookies than nurses to find and confiscate so it was doable for the most part little over two years.

Last time he was in, chemo had burnt his throat and larynx preventing him from eating enough edibles to be an effective dose. Thanks to god and multiverse he was able to slip a dropper of tincture under his tongue and find relief. The 'tinc' as my brother would often call it, was never 'found' in the hospital or nursing home although by that time some compassion and empathy had set in making me think the nurses weren't looking for it very hard even tho still verboten in the home. Medical cannabis was just legalized 3 years earlier in '96.

Point is don't give up and don't slow down. Tell your buddies and friends to ramp up the pace to overwhelm and overcome ignorance.

Wishing you some relief of your pain and for a better quality of life Take care of yourself, HighAsAGoose

Rico Swazi

Shortly after posting I visited HighAsAGoose's profile page
I was sad to see I was the only visitor and he has not been online since his last post

This memorial day we should keep him and others like him in our hearts, thoughts, prayers and good vibes

have a safe and happy holiday fam
filled with kindness, empathy and compassion

Last edited: