What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

24 hour light cycle in seedling stage

Captain_Kresh

Hey everyone, 2nd time growing indoors. Germinated my seeds using wet towel method, put them in coco with tne smallest amount of cal/mag and ph water at 6.3. Water temp is 24deg/cel when feeding. Seedlings sitting under 130 watt cfl globes. Should l be running a 18/6 light cycle because im currently running a 24hr cycle. Not happy with how there looking. Deformed leaves, and patchy in color. Have l stressed them out ?

Meduser369

I dont think its anything to do with light cycle. Could be genetics maybe post up some pics.Whats your humidity like & room temps. Hope you get it sorted. What ec you feeding them too

soil margin

Veteran
Very unlikely to have anything to do with 24/0 versus 18/6. My seedlings seem to do almost identically in either of those light schedules. As meduser pointed out I would first suspect humidity/temperature/airflow/etc.. How often are you watering?

mrma

I would run with a lower Ph. like 5,8.
how is your water? (ec) what nutes do you use?
in my system (coco) as soon as they are planted in coco, I mix my ro water with cal mag (reaching 0,25 ec) and after the nutrients (reaching 1.0 for young seedling).

24/0 won't hurt anything I've used that for vegging for over 10yrs just because it's more convient for my setup. Like others said there must be a issue with the medium, temps, humidity, waterings or genetics. Good luck hope they pull through for you

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah I'm with et al. Look to your environment first and then your ph. Set your humidity levels correctly too, as that can often cause the symptoms you describe. Good luck.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
I would run with a lower Ph. like 5,8.
how is your water? (ec) what nutes do you use?
in my system (coco) as soon as they are planted in coco, I mix my ro water with cal mag (reaching 0,25 ec) and after the nutrients (reaching 1.0 for young seedling).

...yeah, i'm with mrma, your ph is too high, and you did NOT need the added cal/mag, that could be your issue too.

...i would also suggest that you post pictures in the future, it's much easier to diagnose a problem when you have visual clues to judge by.

peace, bozo

djibra

24/0 won't hurt anything I've used that for vegging for over 10yrs just because it's more convient for my setup. Like others said there must be a issue with the medium, temps, humidity, waterings or genetics. Good luck hope they pull through for you

did your plants showed sex under 24/0?

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I grow my seedlings under fluorescents with 24 hours of light until they are big enough to place under my hps and the 12/12 cycle. Usually I have to move them to 12/12 at 3-4 weeks.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
did your plants showed sex under 24/0?

Yeah plants will show sex under 24hr veg, takes around 8 weeks at the quickest in my experience. I usually only veg 16hr since that seems to be the longest days cannabis is exposed to in nature.

djibra

thanks for the reply..

im veging under 24/0 only during winter because it gets pretty cold in my room where the tent is..but i was curious do they need a dark period to show sex and you answered me :)

Latest posts

Latest posts